5th Marian doctrine?

Is this true that there are some in the clergy and lay that are trying to get this passed?

From what I understand of it its pretty blasphemous.

Don’t know if I would want to stay if what I read was true.

Can’t copy and paste on this phone.

I had come across the scriptural argument against Catholicism twice with Jeremiah

google
Jeremiah queen of heaven catholic
You will find a site called berean.

Could use some help here.
Not big on Mary or Marian, apparration’s , devotionals and there promises. Pretty much any private revelation or teaching outside the deposit s of Faith.
I’m already on edge about the things

Why are you looking on an anti-Catholic site for information on this?

Because I’m an idiot.
Honestly thought it was a moderate protestant site do to the name because of berean christian store.

After looking up what the 5th dogma was I realized I already believe in the same thing.

Was talking to my wife in the car about how the fate of the world relied in Mary surviving and giving birth to Jesus.
It’s no wonder she freaked when he went missing and her and Joseph found him in the temple.

Also I’m in the process of getting my children baptized so I’m under some spiritual attack.

One thing that has been helpful to me is to list out the passages of Scripture that support Catholic devotion to Mary: Luke 1:28 – “Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you!”

Luke 1:28 – “Blessed are you among women!”

Luke 1:42 – “Blessed are you among women!”

Luke 1:45 – “Blessed is she who believed!”

Luke 1:48 – “All generations will call me blessed.”

Luke 1:49 – “For the Almighty has done great things for me.”

Luke 1:43 – “And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?”

Luke 1:46 – “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my savior!”

Luke 1:48 – “He has regarded the lowly estate of His handmaid.”

Luke 1:30 – “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.”

Luke 1:38 – “I am the handmaid of the Lord, let it be done unto me according to thy Word.”

Luke 2:35 – “And a sword will pierce your own soul also, that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.”

Luke 2:19 – “But Mary kept all these things, pondering them in her heart.”

Luke 2:51 – “And his mother kept all these things in her heart.”

Mark 3:34-35 – “Whoever does the will of God is my brother, and sister, and mother.”

John 2:4 – “Jesus said to her, ‘Dear woman, what is that to me and to thee? My hour has not yet come.’ ”

John 2:5 – “His mother said to the servants, ‘Do whatever he tells you.’ ”

John 19:26-27 – “Woman, behold, your son!” – “Behold, your mother!”

John 19:27 – “And from that hour the disciple took her as his own.”

Zechariah 2:10 – “Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion; for lo, I come and I will dwell in the midst of you, says the Lord.”

Zechariah 3:14 – “Sing aloud, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel! Rejoice and exult with all your heart, O daughter of Jerusalem!”

Micah 5:2-3 – “Therefore he shall give them up until the time when she who is to give birth has borne.”

Acts 1:14 – “All these with one accord devoted themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.”

Galatians 4:4-5 – “But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law.”

Ephesians 5:31-32 – “ ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ This mystery is a profound one, and I say that it refers to Christ and the Church.”

Revelation 12:1-6 – “And a great sign appeared in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.” Verse 5: “She brought forth a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron.” From a Biblical perspective, I think venerating Mary is very reasonable. As far as the doctrine of coredemptrix goes, I think there are several passages that support that: Galatians 4:4-5 links the redemption to the birth of Christ from Mary. Luke 2:35 links Mary’s grief to the opening of hearts to let God in. Luke 1:38 indicates that Mary consented before Jesus was incarnated. John 19:25-28 shows that the redemption was not finished until Mary was given as Mother.

Re: Mary’s queenship, there’s quite a bit of biblical support for that too. First, there is Luke 1:28-33, where the angel greets Mary with a royal greeting (“Hail”), she wonders why, and he explains that she will be the mother of a prince (“the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David”). The idea that she is the mother of a prince supports her queenship, and, since it was an angel who hailed her, it shows that she is queen of angels and queen of heaven.

There’s also an Old Testament prophecy that foresaw a queen standing at the right hand of the Messiah in heaven: Psalms 45:9-15. It even says that faraway nations “will sue your favor with gifts” and that she would be part of a company of virgins in heaven. That supports Mary’s perpetual virginity, btw, and the part about people “suing for her favor” supports prayer to Mary, and the part about her standing at the right hand of the Messiah in heaven supports her Assumption – this is one of my favorite Marian prophecies :p.

Revelation 12:1 supports Mary’s queenship because it shows her in heaven with a crown. In my opinion, the Magnificat song also supports Mary’s queenship, because it includes the words, “He has put down the mighty from their thrones, and exalted those of low degree,” (Luke 1:52), and the song is about Mary.

For all of these reasons (and several more), I think there is plenty of support for the Marian doctrines in Scripture – not to mention for honoring her with special veneration. I don’t think Catholics should be shy about it, either, because we’re really just following the Bible. Anyway I hope that helps. God bless!

Yeah helped a lot.

No, you’re not. The internet is tricksy sometimes. :smiley:

Everyone is a idoit sometimse in there lif. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Tim-

thebereancall.org/content/question-i-have-wondered-about-queen-heaven-jeremiah-44-people-judah-were-burning-incense

This is the site in question.

I recommend reading,’ Making Sense of Mary’, by Gary Michuta.

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. If millions of people were signing a petition then how come its not common knowledge by now. I’ve never heard of it. Besides truth isn’t determined by petition or vote. Truth is discovered by us and only made by God. Thus, you should ignore such reports.

Personally I think such a thing could only serve to further divide the Church. Rather than to seek understanding it seeks to vilify. What do these terms mean in question? No attempt is given to clarify the Catholic position. Probably because they don’t understand it themselves.

Yeah.
I have a love hate relationship with my phone right now I like Blackberrys better I got some Galaxy something or another.

Yeah when I did my own research I found an article on EWTN which was promoting the 5th doctrine. The article was very old considering there was a petition and it was to John Paul the II.
Benedict didn’t feel it needed to be Dogmanized.

It’s not that odd of a doctrine and it really does relate to my feelings and my analogy I made in the car with my wife.

I think the problem lies withing semantics.
MURICAN Mainland Protestants aren’t use to Latin words or fanciful titles.

I think if it was Mary Mother of Jesus Our Lady who’s delivery saved the world
It would be less misconstrued.

I, personally, do not think that co-Redemptrix is part of the deposit of faith, which I believe is one of the reasons that it has encountered obstacle after obstacle for those who have tried to get it passed. Even as recently as 1996, Pope JPII submitted this for review at the Theological Commission of the Pontifical International Marian Academy. They voted against the dogma unanimously for two reasons:

1. The titles, as proposed, are ambiguous, as they can be understood in very different ways. Furthermore, the theological direction taken by the Second Vatican Council, which did not wish to define any of these titles, should not be abandoned. The Second Vatican Council did not use the title “Coredemptrix”, and uses “Mediatrix” and “Advocate” in a very moderate way …

2. Even if the titles were assigned a content which could be accepted as belonging to the deposit of the faith, the definition of these titles, however, in the present situation would be lacking in theological clarity.

People who are trying to get this passed spend a lot of time talking about the word “co” and how it does not mean “equal to” but rather “with”. I get that, we all help in redemption in the sense of cooperating with God to bring people to Jesus (cf Jas 5:20). But these people need to really think about the word “redemptrix” and not just about “co” It was not Mary’s blood that redeemed, it was Jesus’ blood. Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins (Heb 9:22). Furthermore, Scripture says and the Church has always affirmed, sin entered the world through one man and just as through the disobedience of one person the many were made sinners, so through the obedience of one the many will be made righteous. cf Rm 5:12, 19

Lastly, I do not think it can ever be passed because it was infallibly defined in the Council of Trent that Jesus alone is our redeemer: " the saints, who reign with Christ, offer up their prayers to God for men; and that it is good and useful to invoke them suppliantly and, in order to obtain favors from God through His Son JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD, WHO ALONE IS OUR REDEEMER and Savior… And they must also teach that images of Christ, the virgin mother of God and the other saints should be set up and kept… But if anyone should teach or maintain anything contrary to these decrees, let him be anathema.” session 25

Hi Everyone,
I am new on here and i am respectful to everyone - there is a link
bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000540968/The-Legacies-of-Darkness.aspx
what happens if your soul goes down the wrong path, this includes a sinner(pedifile) of a priest, as well as some of the other bad people out there doing terrible things to innocent people and a good view of what happens to him/them, and in the beginning they do not go to the pearly gates, they have to cleans there souls 1st in a pergatory in a horrific manner of what they have done to others comes back to haunt them, i believe this to be true - any views are welcome

I’m not a fan of the title myself or those who revolve their faith around private revelations, devotionals and devotional promises.
I stick to the Deposits of Faith.
I have a very hard time with these people and those who want to elevate Mary to some sort of redeemer or fourth personality of God.

I can only agree with the description of the doctrine in that if Mary had not survived her journey or had Joseph not married her and she was stoned to death Jesus would have never been born and the world would have never had been saved.
So the weight of the worlds Salvation did bear down on Mary and if she Survived or her pregnancy came to term or if Jesus grew to adulthood.

That doesn’t make her a Redeemer though.
She is the bearer of the Redeemer into this world.

To be honest maybe I’m strange for a Catholic I just don’t concentrate a whole lot on Mary or Saints for that matter.

I know part of if was having Lax parents that were only outwardly Catholic.
I had to go through Communion and Confirmation as an Adult at 22.

Also there are many fringe Catholics who push Fatima and Consecration of Russia or that we believe in these sort of Private Revelations.

Sedevacantist also known as Conclavist can be worst in some cases about this because like the Vatican 2 extremist they revolve their Faith around Mary and then call the Vatican the Whore of Babylon.

There’s a lot of Kooky people out there that really to me are very much Marioltars.

Also most of those people are online are probably few.
People on the internet like Angry bears tend to stand up and make themselves bigger than they really are.

I can honestly say in the three years I have attended my Parish to go to Confession or Mass I have seen a total of three people wear a wool Scapular.

I see a lot of people pray the Rosary but that’s kinda like going into Weight Watchers and not expecting to see obese people.

The Rosary is used a lot of Catholics including myself but I don’t use it as a intercessory prayer I use it as it’s original use by the Monk or Monks who started the prayer as a Meditation on Christ life.

I don’t think because it is meeting Resistance, demonstrates that it won’t ever be a dogma.

For instance even in the mention above , some hints that it is part of the deposit,* is* the understanding of St. Paul calling Christ the Second Adam, and the Church’s understanding of Mary as the NEW EVE. Without Eve’s unique participation Original Sin would not have occurred.

Just as Adam cooperated with Eve in the fall of man, Christ brought REDEMPTION in special cooperation with Mary…

Yet out of Adam’s RIB, brought death… Out of Mary’s FLESH, brought life…

I don’t see how the title obscures Christ being the source of the REDEMPTION.

Co-Redemptrix says Mary played a special part in THAT REDEMPTION. It does not then necessitate that she is the source.

We all SEE Jesus turned the water into wine, if we likewise claim Mary’s part in bringing forth that miracle? …nobody will then somehow believe Mary turned the water into wine, because of that special attention to her cooperation with his first act in his public ministry.

John Paul II referred to her as co-redemptrix six times…padre pio, mother teresa,
along with many saints.

Pope Pius XII, Pope Pius XI, and Pope Pius X, and Pope Benedict the XV , also have statements…

Pope Benedict XV 1918

As she suffered and almost died together with her suffering and dying Son, so she surrendered her mother’s rights over her Son for the salvation of the human race. And to satisfy the justice of God she sacrificed her Son, as well as she could, so that it may justly be said that she together with Christ has redeemed the human race.

Pope Pius XII: “It was she who, always most intimately united with her Son, like a New Eve, offered Him on Golgotha to the Eternal Father, together with the sacrifice of her maternal rights and love, on behalf of all the children of Adam, stained by the latter’s shameful fall” (Mystici Corporis, 1943).

Pope St. Pius X: “Owing to the union of suffering and purpose existing between Christ and Mary, she merited to become most worthily the reparatrix of the lost world, and for this reason, the dispenser of all the favors which Jesus acquired for us by his death and his blood.” (Ad diem illum, 1904).

Pope Pius XII: “For having been associated with the King of Martyrs in the ineffable work of human redemption, as Mother and cooperatrix, she remains forever associated with Him, with an almost unlimited power, in the distribution of graces which flow from the Redemption” (Radio Broadcast to Pilgrims at Fatima, May, 1946)…

I don’t think any Catholics should fear any upcoming Marian dogmas. Any Marian dogma brings much graces to the Church. That one would get resistance is not necessarily a sign that it’s not true, it could also be a sign that there is demonic resistance…

The Immaculate Conception before it was defined as dogma, encouraged some outcries, critics from protestants yet the whole Church now has the graces to easily UNDERSTAND it as dogma as opposed to the time before it was defined, even St. Thomas Aquinas was inaccurate in his theological opinion, yet after the 19th century, Catholics easily accept that Mary was immaculately conceived and it’s only by Grace do we so freely understand, the connection to the Ark of the Covenant.

So if the 5th Marian dogma were defined, no Catholic will be troubled by it, because they’ll have the graces to understand and accept it.

In the end it doesn’t matter what we personally think, if a future Pontiff declares it, in humility by the grace of God we’ll embrace it.

Jesus is not threatened by a Christian beholding *his *Mother and loving her “too much” because he as a son loves her more than we ever could…
and a true follower of Christ, will not love honor in a false, displeasing way to god who gave us the persons we love

While the approved apparitions are private devotions that aren’t compulsory, the 4 dogmas of Mary are Infallible decrees, so the 5th would have to be accepted if it were ever declared.

I have a very hard time with these people and those who want to elevate Mary to some sort of redeemer or fourth personality of God. . .

That doesn’t make her a Redeemer though.
She is the bearer of the Redeemer into this world.

None of the title says she IS The Redeemer and any notion that the Trinity would be contradicted is again from a lack of theological understanding from certain webpages…
At the crucifixion there was a woman who uniquely participated in the suffering of Christ, this title opens someone seeking Christ to graces understanding the mystery, that Mary in the gospels, certainly was not just a mother who was just “there” to hang around after she gave birth to him…

We get a glimpse of this at the Wedding Feast of Cana…Mary’s significance in the Church is an expression of love from the most perfect son recognizing his mother.

If i had to pick knowing I’ll have to answer to Christ as judge, I’d rather be on the side of the Christians who give "too much’ honor to his mother.

The Rosary is used a lot of Catholics including myself but I don’t use it as a intercessory prayer I use it as it’s original use by the Monk or Monks who started the prayer as a Meditation on Christ life.

To be honest maybe I’m strange for a Catholic** I just don’t concentrate a whole lot on Mary ** :confused:
This is odd, because 2/3rds of the rosary which you use to pray and meditate on Christ’s life, make it impossible to not concentrate on Mary, since she’s present in many pivotal significant moments of Christ in the gospels. Most Especially in John’s… And especially in the glorious mysteries…

How can one meditate on the Mystery of the Crucifixion of an innocent man, as that innocent man’s mother is there to watch, as all but one of his men, have abandoned him//

In half of the mysteries, the finding at the Temple, the Presentation, Mary’s* “Let it be done unto me”* resonate throughout Jesus’ passion , because mary had to confront as a mother that with her yes at some point her son would be handed over and taken from her… and she’s aware of this impending immediately, as reflected on in the Flight to Egypt…

Unlike Peter and the Apostles, Mary knew that Jesus ’ ‘Hour’ , his passion, at some point would have to come…At the wedding, jesus says my hour has not come, but mary speeds it up, she was ready to lose her son to his mission…

Praise God that you are a Catholic, because if we understand Jesus sufferings, we can’t avoid understanding Mary’s sufferings. She lost her son before her eyes under the violence from sinful men such as ourselves, a son whom she knew was divine…
It’s a mystery that reveals greater insight into our experience on Earth, understanding sin, and knowing human nature and God’s will in our salvation history and just how holy we can be, if we say Yes to God, in that same confidence that Mary had as our model. To Leave Mary out of the equation of Christ’s mission on Earth is to ignore a big part of our redeemed humanity, and our way toward it when we take time to reflect on the mystery of Jesus’ humanity.

I know part of if was having Lax parents that were only outwardly Catholic.
I had to go through Communion and Confirmation as an Adult at 22.

Also there are many fringe Catholics who push Fatima and Consecration of Russia or that we believe in these sort of Private Revelations.
Sedevacantist also known as Conclavist can be worst in some cases about this because like the Vatican 2 extremist they revolve their Faith around Mary and then call the Vatican the Whore of Babylon.

There’s a lot of Kooky people out there that really to me are very much** Marioltars.**

Also most of those people are online are probably few.
People on the internet like Angry bears tend to stand up and make themselves bigger than they really are.

Some reckless attitudes toward Apparitions (false and sometimes approved) encourage that stuff, as they are not the MEAT and Potatoes of the Faith. However, just because the fringe ( like the mejugorje types and certain rogue priests who bring up conspiracy theories) are out there, it does not mean one won’t find anything worthwhile in some of the major devotions…Devotion to a false apparition, encourages heterodoxy…True private devotions, won’t encourage any of that stuff, but more faithfulness and orthodoxy…

If private revelations are reflected upon properly , one won’t find anything contrary to the meat of the faith. Out of the Marian Apparitions, I’d say Lourdes and Fatima are two that are more than worthy of belief, because the life of St. Bernadette and the three children, Lucia, Francesco, and Jacinta are good exemplary models of the faithful. Fatima has convincing documentation historically. Another big one is Our Lady of Guadalupe…

Fatima has controversy precisely because it is a major devotion that the popes recognize, so of course there would be efforts to obscure and convolute its message…

Those with a true devotion to Mary, aren’t at risk of wandering off the deep end. A devotion to Mary is no different than allowing oneself to accept the Holy Family as a center or frame of reference in one’s prayer life. Keeping close to Mary is no different than reflecting on the Nativity and having Christmas in one’s heart , even when it’s not Christmas.

St. Louis DeMontfort points out true devotion to Mary as opposed to the wrong attitudes …

here’s a good video of Fr Bill Casey talking about Mary and how in his early life, he butted heads with his Protestant friends about Mary:

youtube.com/watch?v=–q_9OQpsVs

If i had to pick knowing I’ll have to answer to Christ as judge, I’d rather be on the side of the Christians who give "too much’ honor to his mother.

What’s that’s suppose to mean?
Are you saying people go to hell if they don’t venerate Mary or wear and pray devotionals?

I love and honor Mary automatically by honoring and loving Christ.
Just because I don’t have 100 Marian votive candles burning in my house or that I don’t put faith in some of the more bizzarre and fantastical Marian apparition’s doesn’t mean I don’t Love and honor Mary.

I just have a simpilar faith I rather stick to basics.

I guess I honor Mary intellectually opposed to using candles, devotionals or faith in private revelations.

I just stick to deposits.
Prayer, Bible, writings of the church fathers, mass, communion and confession.

You don’t have to pray devotionals to venerate or honor Mary, so that is not what I said.

I’m talking about certain types who treat Mary as an “incubator” that God disregarded after she gave him his Flesh – I don’t think I see many Catholics who have those attitudes and if they do then they act like the Protestants. I’m talking about some Protestants (not all) who insult Catholics for venerating Mary…

Some of them say worse things about her…I do believe these certain Christians who today claim they love Christ, will have much to answer for to the Lord when they are judged.

Just because I don’t have 100 Marian votive candles burning in my house or that I don’t put faith in some of the more bizzarre and fantastical Marian apparition’s doesn’t mean I don’t Love and honor Mary.

I just have a simpilar faith I rather stick to basics.

I think you have a mistaken perception of Marian Apparitions, given your reductive statement on votive candles… Did you know Pope Francis is devoted to Mary Undoer of Knots?

Do you mock him for it? The private devotion of St. Bridget is just meditating on the 7 sorrows of Mary…

My last post was just defending that there are many good Catholics who devote themselves to these apparitions, private revelations of saints and many of them are in Religious Orders and are not just “Sedes” or represented by Internet Sites – and perhaps you are dismissing them off a false prejudice because of the “sede” websites.

I was just trying to encourage to be open to the idea, that just because you came across…“fantastical websites” that somehow ALL private devotions are not a valuable, respectable part of the Church.

.It is telling that you believe Fatima to be bizarre, it and Lourdes are far from bizarre…
You say, you stick to the basics?
Avoid learning about Apparitions from Sedevacatantist/ to Anti-Catholic protestants websites in the first place!

How can one who has no interest in specific Devotions of Mary, such as Fatima, then proceed to cast a negative Judgment upon them? Rather than be neutral? If you are calling them bizarre because you’re looking on the outside and have gained prejudices from cursory knowledge…then you’ve come to a conclusion against all private revelations based on a presumption …

One part of the Fatima devotion for instance is dedicating oneself to go to Confession five times in a year (Five First Saturdays) is that so bizarre a commitment in hopes of praying for peace? I don’t understand the perception that ALL who do these devotions make an outward show through candles for the sake of the fantastic.

I think those who are good faithful Catholics are fine.
I read about fatima on some of the post off of caf.
Some off of normal rcc sites.
I heard and read about it from different angels.

I found Mary telling a boy to pray the rosary daily and that his salvation depended on it as bizarre.

Honestly I don’t what to make of fatima or some others because they say scriptural things then say some things that don’t make a lot of sense.

Some of the devotionals like the scapular aren’t scriptural.

I’m just leary of them myself.

What others practice is fine so long ad they don’t push it onto others or myself.

I don’t agree either with treating Mary as a incubator.

Mary telling the boy, Francesco needn’t be odd, because Mary understood each children’s disposition – the boy’s response was *“I’ll pray as many Rosaries as Our Lady wants” *
If you interpret in a way o’ Mary was threatening him maybe it comes off bizarre, rather than Mary asking him to offer up something, knowing he can handle it with dedication.

The overall message of Fatima is emphasis on intercessory reparation through prayer for the world… Our Salvation depends on not the number of rosaries, but on how we pray and how love our neighbor.
In the case of Francesco, it was through his prayers, not just for himself, but in his intercessory offerings for the other souls he was praying for…

I think that Mary would visit peasants remains in line with what we know of God through Scripture.
Overall the Message of Fatima is just an urging by the Blessed Mother to offer prayer and sacrifices for the whole world, the three children give an example for this through their obedience and humility

Just because it doesn’t appear Scriptural at a glance does not mean it isn’t.

In the OT God asks Job to intercede for his friends, Job was a just man, his prayer had more merit…
biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/Matthew-Henry/Job/Job-Intercedes-His-Friends

After the Lord had said these things to Job, he said to Eliphaz the Temanite,**** “I am angry with you and your two friends, because you have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has. 8 So now take seven bulls and seven rams and go to my servant Job and sacrifice a burnt offering for yourselves.**** My servant Job will pray for you, and I will accept his prayer and not deal with you according to your folly. You have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has.” 9 So Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite did what the Lord told them; and the Lord accepted Job’s prayer.

10 After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before. 11 All his brothers and sisters and everyone who had known him before came and ate with him in his house. They comforted and consoled him over all the trouble the Lord had brought on him, and each one gave him a piece of silver[a] and a gold ring.

12 The Lord blessed the latter part of Job’s life more than the former part.

The Church determines what’s Scriptural sound because we have Tradition, we don’t just rely on the Bible. That God would listen to children’s prayers with a specific purpose the same way he’d listen to Job, seems to be consistent with that.

Nevertheless, you’re free to not really seek out the private revelations, the Church understands this, we have different dispositions and the Deposit of Faith, and PUBLIC Divine Revelation stopped at St. John the Apostle’s death.

What others practice is fine so long ad they don’t push it onto others or myself.

Which is fine, because the devotions are just an aspect of the Church’s diversity, that there is something powerful for every one.

All of us are unique in the Church, we all have different talents and abilities, so it would be foolish for someone given their station in life to expect another to pray the same dedications.
St Francis De Sales says this, that the universal call to Holiness is dependent on your state in life.

A young mother would be better raising her kids, if she has no time to go to mass every day… she should not be expected to do what a religious sister would do, who does have time for certain devotionals, pious practices…
The devotions is just an aspect of the Church, precisely, because we have different ways of offering little sacrifices who are in a different state in life (single, married, religious), and others are there to offer a stream of prayers because they are in religious orders.
Just like not everyone is expected to be a theologian.

Maybe you are better suited to following St. Therese of Liseux’s little way. She keeps it simple.

“I leave to great souls and lofty minds the beautiful books I cannot understand, much less put into practice and I rejoice that I am little because children alone and those who resemble them will be admitted to the heavenly banquet. I am glad that there are many mansions in the Kingdom of God, because if there were only those whose description and whose road seem to me incomprehensible, I could never enter there.”[70]

ewtn.com/therese/carmel.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.