6 dead in Kalamazoo County shooting spree; gunman still at large

Nine people have been shot in Kalamazoo, Michigan tonight with at least 6 killed.

cnn.com/2016/02/21/us/michigan-kalamazoo-county-shooting-spree/

“What it looks like is we have someone just driving around, finding people and shooting them dead in their tracks,” Matyas told CNN affiliate WOOD TV.

Police say the suspect, believed to be a white man in his 50s, is still at large. They are looking for a dark blue or silver Chevrolet HHR.

Praying for all.

A strong suspect is in custody.

Oh good. I hope it’s the shooter and pray there are no more casualties.

Thanks for the update.

Prayers for all involved.

Thank goodness it wasn’t terrorist related…just some patriotic American expressing his God given second amendment right:rolleyes:

prayers for the deceased and injured and their families.

How is this helpful?

Look what happens in places like Chicago all the time.

Thank goodness it wasn’t terrorist related…just some patriotic American expressing his God given second amendment right

Hello. I suspect this is a reaction to something being so bad that instead of crying a person reacts with jaded humor, but I don’t know for sure.

prayer for all involved:

Lord, make me a channel of thy peace,
that where there is hatred, I may bring love;
that where there is wrong,
I may bring the spirit of forgiveness;
that where there is discord, I may bring harmony;
that where there is error, I may bring truth;
that where there is doubt, I may bring faith;
that where there is despair, I may bring hope;
that where there are shadows, I may bring light;
that where there is sadness, I may bring joy.
Lord, grant that I may seek rather to
comfort than to be comforted;
to understand, than to be understood;
to love, than to be loved.
For it is by self-forgetting that one finds.
It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.
It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life.

M****ay God look upon the United States with love and pity. Father forgive us for we know not what we do.

Yes…and look what happens in the US all the time…am I being cynical…you bet I am…if only for the reason of more wasted lives because some people cry crocodile tears over these mass killings…men…women…children…doesn’t matter…as long as the second amendment remains sacrosanct…mention that and the tears dry up and guns are drawn…now watch all the flak I get over my comment…it’s not guns that kill people…it’s people who kill people…what we need is more guns so the good guys can kill the bad guys…you want to ban all guns…and so on ad nauseam…and mass killings of innocent people will continue because any sense of sensible reasoning goes out the window at the mention of even registering guns with some people…so if anyone wants to call me heartless over my comments then go right ahead but I would rather be called that knowing I would gladly support gun control if it meant saving lives that do nothing and hide behind the second amendment.

Well, Chicago has some of the strictest gun control in the county. Obviously, that’s not working.

thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/02/15/1599631/no-chicago-isnt-proof-that-gun-regulation-doesnt-work/

Why are discussing Chicago gun control laws anyway?

Wouldn’t it be more appropriate to discuss the situation closer to where the attacks occurred?

In that, I was surprised to find out that Kalamazoo is actually a high crime area and anyone can correct me if I am wrong and I mean no disrespect for that city which has a famous song about it.

But this case, does not seem to have much to do with the crime rate but of the lone individual that decides to do some sort of very bad thing.

Prayers for these poor victims and their bereaved famlies.

So, the shooter shot people randomly but it sounds like much or all of this transpired at a Cracker Barrel:

4 of the victims killed in the Kalamazoo shooting identified

These victims were shot outside the Cracker Barrel Restaurant at 5581 Cracker Barrel Blvd. in Kalamazoo.

Mary Lou Nye, 62, of Baroda
Mary Jo Nye, 60, of Battle Creek
Dorothy Brown, 74, of Battle Creek
Barbara Hawthorne, 68, of Battle Creek

A 14-year-old girl is currently in critical condition at Bronson Hospital.

livingstondaily.com/story/news/local/2016/02/21/4-victims-kiiled-kalamazoo-shooting-identified/80703016/

Motive, etc. we do not know anything.

Why isn’t it working? I just did a quick google search for the yearly homicide rates in Chicago and there is an obvious and profound correlation between the rate of weapons rollbacks and the decline in homicides. The statistics come directly from Chicago Police figures.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Chicago#Annual_homicide_totals_by_year

Well said.

Just heard on the news that the shooter was an Uber driver and he continued to pick up fares in between shootings! That’s bizarre.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.