6 Police officers murdered in one week

cnn.com/2016/02/11/us/law-enforcement-officers-shot-dead/index.html

6 Police officers have been murdered and a seventh has been killed in a helicopter crash this week. At least 3 more including 2 in Georgia have also been shot but should survive.

The recent anti-police retoric is showing it’s rottin fruit and it’s proving to be lethal to those who put it all on the line to protect us.

Of distinct note one was called to confront an armed person and was killed because he tried to use his taser instead of shooting him, which cost him his life.

Another saw someone who looked like they were having a bad day so sat down next to him and asked what was wrong, the man killed him for it.

An attack on our society’s protects is an attack on each of us. Pray for these souls and their families, also pray for a change in our society.

One was shot last night and not expected to live; that would seem to add on to the total. Yes, we should pray for the police, firemen and others who protect us and help in emergencies.

The chickens are coming home to roost.

It was touching how the White House immediately issued statements of sympathy and condolence . . . . . Oh, wait . . . . . . .

praying for the repose of these police officers’ souls and prayers for their families.

Praying for the repose of their souls & for their families.

Praying.

:confused::confused:

ICXC NiKA

I’m waiting for the white house to fly a thin blue line flag and condemn these killings, but since that isn’t politically advantageous, I’m not holding my breath. I’ll pray instead.

May the deceased officers rest in peace.

Really? That’s rude. Who do you plan on calling when you are in need of help? These men and women put their lives on the line everyday for little to no thanks and are mistreated and talked poorly of, yet even in death they are put down like that. That’s just sick

Malcolm X said the same thing about John F. Kennedy.

If you ever have the occasion where you need to call the police…don’t.

I hope you don’t mean this the way it sounds.

You obviously didn’t get it. All of the anti-police rhetoric, which is now the equivalent of the 1960’s “Off the pigs” is now coming to fruition, and the crazies are acting out what they are hearing their “peers” chant.

The only people I am being rude to are the idiots who see the world as “us” against the police.

Perhaps you have not heard the vile excuse for rhetoric which has been spewed against the police; but spew enough of it and it emboldens the criminal element, which is bold enough on its own without the provocative simplistic nihilism of the anti-government, anti-police contingency which the news has blithely repeated ad nauseam.

Talked poorly of? I could tell you what I think of the knuckle draggers who have attempted to paint the police as Nazi-like executioners, but not in language which is fit for polite society.

Repeat a mantra often enough, and it becomes larger than reality - and then those chickens come home to roost. Which is another way of saying that the marchers who have painted the police in the worst light possible, aided and abetted by the news who does not care what chaos they create or sustain, are the instigators of some of the reactions we are seeing. Not all - the police go up against people who have no compunction over shooting an officer, and they do it on a regular basis. But we have had a spate of hate speech against all police officers, and the retaliation against police started with the execution slayings of Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos in late 2014.

Capiche?

If I misunderstood I apologize. Your post consisted of one line spewed in hate towards the police and many other good people. It appeared you were doing that as well.

My dad was an MP and then on the local police from 1962-1986, then state police for 5 years after that. He raised us and foster kids on a tiny pay check in a dangerous world. It’s heartbreaking seeing so many officers die way too soon. They sacrifice so much for us every single day. And so do their families. May God bless them and their families. May St. Michael the Archangel protect them all

You misunderstood. Apology accepted.

One of my son-in-laws is a prison guard, acting sergeant at OSCI; while a corporal he was working at OSP. Dealing, among others, with murderers.

I have personally known several bad police - they ended up in prison for their activities, so I am no starry-eyed naif. On the other hand, I have the utmost respect for those who put on the uniform - military or police.

Yes of course there are some bad. My dad was a detective (worked ID-fingerprint expert). He worked with internal affairs many times to bring them down. To him, crooked cops were worse than most other criminals because they gave a bad name to all of them. But often officers are accused of things that are untrue or disciplined for political reasons.

I believe he was referring to this being the result of all the anti-police rhetoric.

2 police or sheriff’s officers were killed at a Panera in Baltimore. My prayers for all affected. I think that was a bit of an ambush though they were serving a warrant, I’d have to see the details.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.