667 Muslims Per Hour Converting to Christianity

youtube.com/watch?v=xdVnILalpeo

According to Al-Jazeerah’s interview with Sheikh Ahmad Al Katani, the president of The Companions Lighthouse for the Science of Islamic Law in Libya, In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity.

Everyday, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Every year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity.

Hey, I just wrote the same thing on another thread. Good news, eh!!!

Great stats. But how is it vice versa? That’s the part I fear.

I m wondering to hear Muslims convert into Christian. I see the video which you put in this thread its good.

Why wonder when Jesus said:

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”, (Matthew 7:7).

In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

It is said that Missionaries give rice , money , jobs to convert them. Muslim missionaries are not that active as they should be still Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world :slight_smile:

And remember , media is anti-Islam ; there are lots of propaganda against Islam / Muslim /Quran/ Prophet Muhammed (pbuh). Still non-Muslims mostly women are embracing the Truth …praise be to God only.

CNN : Fast-growing Islam winning converts in Western world

…The second-largest religion in the world after Christianity, Islam is also the fastest-growing religion. In the United States, for example, nearly 80 percent of the more than 1,200 mosques have been built in the past 12 years.

Some scholars see an emerging Muslim renaissance as Islam takes root in many traditionally Christian communities.

Islam has drawn converts from all walks of life, most notably African-Americans. Former NAACP President Benjamin Chavis, who joined the Nation of Islam recently, personifies the trend.

“In societies where you have minorities that are discriminated against, I think they may find an appeal in Islam,” said Waleed Kazziha of American University in Cairo.

cnn.com/WORLD/9704/14/egypt.islam/

“Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people…”

HILLARY RODMAN CLINTON, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3

Already more than a billion-people strong, Islam is the world’s fastest-growing religion. ABCNEWS,

“Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the country.” NEWSDAY, March 7, 1989, p.4

“Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the United States…” NEW YORK TIMES, Feb 21, 1989, p.1

Moslems are the world’s fastest-growing group…" USA TODAY, The populationreferance bureau, Feb. 17, 1989, p.4A

"Muhummed is the most successful of all Prophets and religious personalities. " Encyclopedia Britannica

“There are more Muslims in North America then Jews Now.” Dan Rathers, CBSNEWS

“Islam is the fastest growing religion in North America.” TIMES MAGAZINE

“Islam continues to grow in America, and no one can doubt that!” CNN, December 15, 1995

“The religion of Islam is growing faster than any other religion in the world.” MIKE WALLACE, 60
MINUTES

“Five to 6 million strong, Muslims in America already outnumber Presbyterians, Episcopalians, and Mormons, and they are more numerous than Quakers, Unitarians, Seventh-day Adventists, Mennonites, Jehovah’s
Witnesses, and Christian Scientists, combined. Many demographers say Islam has overtaken Judaism as the country’s second-most commonly practiced religion; others say it is in the passing lane.” JOHAN BLANK, USNEWS (7/20/98)

“In fact, religion experts say Islam is the second-largest religion in the United States… Islam has 5 million to 6 million members, followed by Judaism, with approximately 4.5 million… And Islam is believed to be fastest-growing religion in the country, with half its expansion coming from new immigrants and the other half from conversions.”

By ELSA C. ARNETT
Knight-Ridder News Service

geocities.com/Pentagon/3016/fastest.htm

Maybe if some of the countries of the Middle East had laws like they have in the US that protect freedom of religion you would have a growing number of Christians in the Middle East like you have growing numbers of Muslims in the United States…

…Just a though.

In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

But why people including women in the West are accepting Islam despite the hostile media propaganda ? Ever thoguth about that ?

The Sun Is Rising in the West

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51AS5XSH2HL.SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-big,TopRight,35,-73_OU01_SS75.jpg

amazon.com/Sun-Rising-West-Journey-Muslims/dp/0915957922

Odd you would avoid the point I was making by pointing to something else.

Never mind, guess people just don’t listen that much to the media. Being a roman catholic in Iceland sure isn’t popular, it’s considered a cult here, still didn’t stop me.

Just don’t think you can equate media propaganda with state discrimination.

Surely religions freedom is the basis for the growth of any religion, never mind the media.

I am a former Muslim and I do not buy the “Islam is the world fastest growing religion” story. In fact, I tend not to buy most statistics. They seem, in my opinion, to be used to push different agendas. Look at the differences in the number of Muslims in US, based the poll. Noone knows exactly. I can say this. Based on my experience, there are alot of Muslims in the US, but the growth is predominantly due to birth rate. There are some interesting phenomena happening though.

1. Many Muslims families, as they get along generationally, tend to have less children.
  2. Many 2nd, 3rd, etc generation children of Muslims cease to be practicing Muslims. In fact, many of them leave Islam.
    The bottom line is that they become more Americanized and, therefore some good shopping for a new religion.
    Finally, I would like to add that there are relatively very few European-descended American converts to Islam and most of them (50% or more) do not remain Muslim. There has been, recently, a slight increase in the number of Latinos converting to Islam en US. The media has given the impression that the numbers are large. They are few small though. It remains to be seen, though, whether this these Latinos conversos will remain Muslim. I am basing this statement, mostly, on my personal experiences.
    Many of those who leave Islam convert to Christianity.

Well, Christianity would have been faster than Islam had Islamic countries opened their doors to Christian missionaries. But we all know that Islamic leaders are so insecure to allow that.

**Muslim Woman;

It is said that Missionaries give rice , money , jobs to convert them. Muslim missionaries are not that active as they should be still Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world :)**

And its said that Muslims don’t take care of their own brothers (like the Palestinians and the Kurts) but leave them starving and suffering to be tended to by Christian people. I read in the Book Infidel by Hirsi Ali that she met a woman who was dying after having been gang raped in Somalia. The Muslim woman was covered in wounds and repeating all the time: “Allah have mercy on me”. But not one of the people in the whole place came to help her. To them she was impure because she had been raped. Shortly after, she died.

Christianity teaches us to not only tell people the Truth, but also provide food for their bodies and healing for their wounds. Otherwise our message would be as empty as yours.

And remember , media is anti-Islam ; there are lots of propaganda against Islam / Muslim /Quran/ Prophet Muhammed (pbuh). Still non-Muslims mostly women are embracing the Truth …praise be to God only.

You say this when you know well that there is no free press in Islamic and Muslim countries. They are stateowned and pay tribute to the millitary and to sheikhs and prince’s and tyrants who talk about the big satan, America and Israel. And you want to critizise Western media? At least we have democracy and you too can protest when there are things you dont like.

**CNN : Fast-growing Islam winning converts in Western world
…The second-largest religion in the world after Christianity, Islam is also the fastest-growing religion. In the United States, for example, nearly 80 percent of the more than 1,200 mosques have been built in the past 12 years. **

CNN eh? why dont you give us a source of your numbers? You tend to forget to do that most of the time actually. Its okay, I found it myself…I will adress what CNN actually said.
I am of the conviction that Pentecostal Christianity is the fastest growing religion and Christianity as a whole is the worlds biggest religion.

I learned this at the university first, at a faculty of atheists who had no particular favourite among islam and christianity. They were quoting reliable statistics. My field was religious science.

I will quote a source I find informative from:
fastestgrowingreligion.com/numbers.html and I quote:

"From the statistics available we can cleary see that the fastest growing religion in the world is Christianity. Where Islam gains 23 Million new adherents annually, Christianity gained 30 Million new adherents in that same period. Thus, Christianity is the fastest growing religion in the world.
In terms of the question of gaining the most religions by conversions, again that title goes to Christianity. By converisons from other religions, Christianity tends to be the most effective by a long shot with over 2 Million conversions followed by the 800,000 conversions recorded by Islam in that period.

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. FALSE
Islam is neither the fastest growing religion in the world by precentage growth or real person growth.
2. Buddhism is the fastest growing religion in the world. FALSE
Although Buddhism is emerging in the Western world it is not the fastest growing religion in the world.
3. The world is converting to Islam faster than any other religion. FALSE
In terms of conversions Islam performs very poorly. **The growth of Islam is attributed to higher birth rates in areas where it is dominant.**4. Christianity is the fastest growing religion in the world. TRUE".

Nothing in this actually scientific study surprises me. Neither does the dream-wishing of the Muslims here surprise me. However, you do not serve your cause by posting unreliable and unstudied claims. Don’t you have any self respect? Are you willing to just drop your brains… for what?

“**In fact, religion experts say Islam is the second-largest religion in the United States… Islam has 5 million to 6 million members, followed by Judaism, with approximately 4.5 million… And Islam is believed to be fastest-growing religion in the country, with half its expansion coming from new immigrants and the other half from conversions.” **

Here might be something true. Moslem population is growing in America due to high birthrates and immigrants (that means, people who are not converts but whose statistic presense is then taken from somewhere else in the world).

… this topic is starting to tire me…
Its so obvious…

I read the testimony of a man who was doing missionary work in Africa. 30000 people were gathered to hear the dispute between a Christian and a Muslim about who had th truth. After a while the Christian got tired of all the talk and said. Bring someone incurably sick to the front here. They brougt to him a woman who was a complete cripple and he healed her in the name of the Lord Jesus. The 30000 people went home knowing who the Lord is. The Arab guy packed and left. Or who knows, maybe he became a believer in the true God. Admidt severe persecution from radical hindus and muslims the Christians in todays world stay faithful to their Lord and they see that even dead people are raised up litterally and the sick are cured,
Muhammad never performed one single miracle… thoughtprovoking.

Sir,
you should do your study instead of buying into lies… But someone else has found the story behing the Muslim illusion that started this thread:

Ps. No country can keep out God. In the most closed Islamic countries Jesus is appearing to vast numbers of pious Muslims these years, telling them Who He Is, in dreams and visions.

Misleading Sources Explained:
Currently, many Muslim websites spread the claim that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. These websites usually provide no explanation to these claims or occasioanlly provide loose and unveriifiable media quotes.

1. CNN Wolrd News Article: “Fast-growing Islam winning converts in Western world“
    This source provides no statistical evidence to the claim that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. The only allusion to the claim is “The second-largest religion in the world after Christianity, Islam is also the fastest-growing religion.” However, the data proves this claim to be wrong and as a media quote it holds no evidential weight.
  2. ABC NEWS Quote
    As the quote and citation appears on various sites: “Already more than a billion-people strong, Islam is the world’s fastest-growing religion”. [ABCNEWS, Abcnews.com]

No such quote exists today on the abcnews.com website.
3. 60 Minutes Quote
As the quote appears and is cited: “The Religion of Islam is growing faster than any other religion in the world.” [MIKE WALLACE, 60 MINUTES]
No evidence is provided to support the claim and it is merely a media quote. Again, no reason for this quote to be taken seriously in determining the fastest growing religion.
4. Islamicweb.com estimated that in 2000 there would be 1.9Billion Muslims in the world
False claims like this are one of the reasons why Islam is believed to be the fastest growing religion in the world. The facts of the matter is that the most liberal estimated of the amount of Muslims in 2000 was 1.1-1.2 Billion. Today the world population of Muslims is only at 1.3 Billion.
5. Arabnews article: Islam ‘ fastest growing faith in Australia (Appearing on islamawareness.net)

Although the article is named and used to claim that Islam is the fastest growing religion in Australia, the article itself paints no such picture. The article states that, “Today, Islam is one of the fastest growing faiths in Australia” and makes no claim to it being the fastest growing religion in Australia. Although statistics are provided they do not lead to the conclusion that Islam is the fastest growing religion in Australia as the title claims.
6. ABC Transcript: “Fastest-Growing Religion Often Misunderstood” (Appearing on islamawareness.net)
This article never states that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world nor does it provide evidence alluding to such a claim.
7. People’s Daily Online: OIC official: “Islam shows fastest growing religion on earth”
Other than a representative of Organization of Islamic Conference allegedly making the claim, a quote nor any proof is brought up.

God bless you.
And I want to recommend to you www.answering-islam.org Its a wonderful page made by people in the same situation as you. I particularly liked the testimonies… very reflected and talking honestly about all the problematics of turning from Muslim to Christian.
Peace.

I am not sure we can put place much value on the word of Hirsi Ali. This is a woman who says that she left Islam so she could have sex with anyone. Even from a Christian point of view, this sounds horrible. The God-given gift of sexuality is not to be shared with various persons as one would share a cup of tea.

Which part of my statement constitutes a lie?

Your statement does not constitute any lie, but the opening poster made claims that were not true. It seemed to me that you accepted her claims without testing them. Thats all.

You have misunderstood me. I did not say your statement constituted a lie. What I said was that you should be critical of the statement that islam is the fastest growing religion, because it seemed you believed it was a true statement…

Continued abortions (with FOCA ?!! in the works), same sex marriage, and the inability to see children as a great blessing, will certainly not change the consequences of these sins. *
At a certain point can the consequences be reversed!?
Something to think about…
Powerful video (1 - 5)
* explaining how the below replacement birth rates among westerners and the high immigration rate and far higher birthrates of Muslims will soon completely transform western nations into Muslim states.**
youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

I have read the book of Hirsi Ali and I believe that her testimony is honest. This does not mean that I advocate where she ended up: in atheism. But I can understand how someone who has been a quite serious Muslim and falls away could come to believe that no religion is true. The story of Hirsi Ali is tragic. She is a sinner but I dont see lying as being one of her sins. I pray that she realises that the true God loves her and never stopped calling her to Himself.
God is Love.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.