7 amens at the end of holy holy holy?

Our “band” sings amen 7 times at the end of the holy holy holy. Is this allowed.

Also at the great Amen they like to sing the word “singing” mixed in with the Amens. Is this allowed as well?
With the new translation out I was hoping it would fix some tinkering that the band sometimes likes to to but I think they are writing thier own music for the new prayers and it does not flow right.

No, it is neither adaptation is in the missal, so neither should be done.

:banghead:

There is no "amen" at the end of the Sanctus, no.

The word "singing" is not present at the amen of the Eucharistic Prayer, no.

Unless you are part of the music ministry or the parish council, there’s probably not much you can do about it (and even if you were, there’s probably not much you can do about it).

Gently bring it up with your parish’s Director of Music and ask for clarification so that you can gain a better understanding of why they are doing what they are doing (they may be unaware of it, or transitioning to the acceptable practice, or just don’t care).

Pray for patience and humility. This one thing will not destroy your parish or bring down the entire Catholic Church.

[quote="Splagchnizomai, post:4, topic:287098"]
Unless you are part of the music ministry or the parish council, there's probably not much you can do about it (and even if you were, there's probably not much you can do about it).

Gently bring it up with your parish's Director of Music and ask for clarification so that you can gain a better understanding of why they are doing what they are doing (they may be unaware of it, or transitioning to the acceptable practice, or just don't care).

Pray for patience and humility. This one thing will not destroy your parish or bring down the entire Catholic Church.

[/quote]

THIS!

This might seem a benign issue to some, or an egregious abuse to others.
One thing is clear, there is no provision for the accretion of "amen" to be found in the GIRM. That abets the latter view. What those of the former view should take into account is the Sanctus is essentially a hymn of praise, or an acclamation that we believe we sing in accord with the heavenly hosts, and not a prayer to which we give assent with "So be it/amen."

I've heard before: "Aaaamen, aaaaamen, aaaamen, aaaaamen, aaaamen, we dooooo believeeeeee."

Needless to say I'm not a fan of the music at that particular parish.

[quote="smndtupidisaftr, post:7, topic:287098"]
I've heard before: "Aaaamen, aaaaamen, aaaamen, aaaaamen, aaaamen, we dooooo believeeeeee."

Needless to say I'm not a fan of the music at that particular parish.

[/quote]

Oh, yeah. We do that one too.:rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.