7 Days of Creation, 7 Heads of Beast, Mystery of Iniquity

For centuries, the Catholic Church has clung to Augustine as presumably giving the Church the supreme apocalyptic model: the parable of the wheat and the tares. For them, this is all we need to know about the Church age:

Between pagan Rome and the end of the world antichrist, the age of the Church is like a field that is ever maturing, the good becoming better, and the bad becoming worse, and then, at some point, the bad overtakes the good, leading to the end of the world and the harvest.

I find this model woefully insufficient.

Since the Church enshrines the Gospels as the supreme Word of God, it is natural for them to say this parable directly from Christ’s mouth must contain the prototype apoclayptic mystery.

I firmly believe the Church needs to reconsider that a better Gospel model for the apocalypse is not merely this parable but “Amen, amen, I say to you, it shall all be fuliflled.”

Prior to Augustine, the ECFs tend to emphasize more the days of creation and the beast as the summary of salvation history, and not the wheat and the tares. It seems the Church went from one extreme to another: from chiliasm to amill.

What if the ECFs prior to Augustine are closer to the truth than Augustine? For does not the Church consecrate MOSTLY wine, and only a little water, instead of mostly water and only a little wine?

Therefore, I say this: chiliasm is like pure wine, amill is like mostly water and little wine, and the true solution is chiliasm tinkled with a little water, just enough that it is no longer chiliasm, but conformed to the mystics’ age of peace.

Behold, the supreme apocalyptic mystery most likely is not expressed in the wheat and tares but rather in the days of creation and the beast.

and the metaphor is this: each day is an age of the REcreation of the world, or its redemption. Each day begins with evening and ends with morning, just as in OT history, first comes sin, then redemption, then sin in prevalence, then redemption in prevalence, etc.

Therefore, I assert a great theory: the nature of the fall is NOT most adequately expressed in the wheat and tares but rather in the beast and days of creation.

For a head of the beast cannot be alive and wounded at the same time. For if the wound is healed, it is alive and not wounded. And if it is mortally wounded, it is not alive but in regression.

So also, it cannot be both day and night. It is either the night, or it is the day.

Hence, FIRST Christ is crucified, THEN he rises, not He is risen and crucified at the same time. This is the mystery of faith: FIRST comes darkness, THEN comes light.

IOW, this is the nature of the fall: the fallen nature, as Original Sin, is a force that continually drags humanity down into darkness, and that in each stage, God responds with redemption, or light. IOW, this is the nature of iniquity: man falls in a stage, and God redeems in a stage, and then man falls again in a stage, and then God redeems in a stage, and then man falls again, etc.

This is the path of salvation history from beginning to end.

IOW, the days of creation are truly the supreme Scriptural metaphor for this process: the sun SETS, the sun RISES, the sun SETS, the sun RISES…

and the beast is the same metaphor: the beast is healed and he is wounded, he is healed and he is wounded, etc.

Behold, as I have shared before, Augustine delineates five ages for the Old Law, and other Fathers assign three days to the Church.

Just as there are eight days of creation and eight heads of the beast, and Apoc 17:9-11 delineates them thus: five have fallen, one is, and the other is not yet come,… and the beast which was and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.

uh, I feel too stupid to understand what you are talking about. What do you mean? I thought the number of the beast was 666.

the number of the beast IS 666, but it also has SEVEN heads, and they are extended to 8 in Revelation 17: read up to verse 11.

:slight_smile:

Yes but what are you trying to say? That the Seven heads of the Beast equals the seven days of Creation? I don’t understand about the 8th head. Also what is chiliasm? I kind of get the suffering and redemption idea. But what is your point? That revelations = genesis?

the seven heads of the beast are the seven DARKNESSES, or NIGHTS of the seven days of creation.

But the days of creation are now eight, by Tradition. The Old Sabbath was the seventh day, Saturday (or from sunset Friday night to sunset Saturday night.). Christ rose from the dead on the EIGHTH day, Sunday, which is now the eternal NEW Sabbath of the NEW Cov. Hence, this is why Catholics worship on Sunday and not Saturday, like the Jews. (SDAs have issue with this! :D)

I’m not saying Genesis is all the same as Revelations, but there certainly are parallels. This is one that I am conjecturing.

I’m saying the EIGHT days of creation are a symbol of the WHOLE of Salvation history, from the Fall all the way to the end of the world and New Creation, inclusive.

Five days passed from the Fall to the First Coming of Jesus, inclusive. The Sixth day was pagan Rome and then Catholic Christendom. We are now in the darkness of the seventh day, and await the day that is the sabbath rest, the mystics’ age of peace (Fatima’s Triumph of Our Lady’s Immaculate Heart). The eighth day is the Great apostasy and NT Antichrist that comes after the age of peace, and the light of the eighth day is the eternal New Creation, the ultimate Sabbath that shall never end.

I don’t if I’m helping.

chiliasm is taking the Millennium of Apocalypse 20 literally. The Church condemns this.

It is hard to explain if you don’t understand these terms.

Well, it’s a little more clear now. So you think we are on the verge of the apocalpse now? And it will be a good thing - like salvation, rather than reaping the good people from the bad?

again, the whole of salvation history is the apocalypse. It is misunderstanding to attribute the apocalypse as being only about the very end of the world. the apocalypse is about the mystery of the entire Plan of God from the beginning to the end.

but, yes, I see, like the mystics, a terrible chastisement coming, but when it is through, not the end of the world, but rather, a glorious restoration of Christian unity and faith, the fullness of the Gentiles.

so yes, eventually we good coming from today’s bad. God is not finished with the world yet. He is bringing a beautiful sabbath for His People, a rest from the sin of history.

Nice!! That’ a very hopeful way to feel. After all God is so good and forgiving and full of grace, I imagine you are right.

I read some private revelations that say that the Seven Heads, and the Red Dragon, are seven communist countries.

well, I suppose secondarily that could be true, but it is more important to understand the spiritual psychology and theology of the greater ages of sin in salvation history that knowing that a certain number of temporal kingdoms shall persecute.

Spauline said:

What if the ECFs *prior to Augustine are closer to the truth *than Augustine? For does not the Church consecrate MOSTLY wine, and only a little water, instead of mostly water and only a little wine?

Monica states humbly:

That’s a loaded question!!!:cool:

You really can’t win here- because you have presumed a conclusion that can’t be proven.

Its very interesting though. The terms you are using I am just getting aquianted with now, and may not fully understand as a non christian, but you seem to be on to something.

It does bother me, that the catholic church spends (from what I can see in my early investigation of it) little time delving into these matters of the “end” (or better said, the leading up to it) as the “end” is the new beggining.

I read a few of your other threads today and you are a mind blowing person. I had to google up and research in the library most of what you were talking about, thank you for that.

At least, its far more refreshing than the topics I have seen so far.

thanks, notsmart, for the compliments. I appreciate your interest.

Sincerely,
scott

I agree with you. I’ve got to look for more of his posts - extremely interesting! But like you, I felt a quite lost with all his knowledge at first!!

Okay and then after the “glorious restoration”, then what? When does Jesus come definitively to judge the living and the dead?

I’ve some books of Catholic prophecies on the end, The Second Coming and another one (both TAN books) that basically say the Antichrist will come, mostly like a Jew, and then Christ will return after that. I don’t know where Christ’s return and the definitive end of the world fit into your proposal.

Pax Christi tecum.

He comes at the very end, as the Church teaches: IOW, here is what remains:

a Minor Chastisement, followed by the Reunion of Christians and the age of peace. After the age of peace occurs the great apostasy, which is when the NT Antichrist comes, the great persecution and tribulation, followed by the Second Coming and General Resurrection, Judgement, and Eternal New Creation.

Does this help?

Do you have any timeline for this? I mean, how soon before the Anti Christ comes?

Yes it helps. It’s all interesting speculation. And what exactly is it of St. Augustine, Father and Doctor of the Church Universal, you think is wrong?

Pax Christi tecum.

“It is not for you to know times or seasons.” Acts

btw, christine and smart,

you can see all my threads and posts by clicking on my name to get my public profile and find the small links to my posts, and threads, respectively.

I just thought I would mention this Christine, as you said you had to “look” for my posts. You can get them directly.

Thanks for the interest, and I feel humbled that you find my meditations interesting. Very few people do.

I pray you all Blessings!

Scott

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.