7 dead in drive-by shooting near UC-Santa Barbara

In what authorities are calling “the work of a madman,” a gunman went on a drive-by shooting rampage in a Santa Barbara student enclave that left at least seven people dead, including the attacker, and seven others wounded.

usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/24/shooting-california-santa-barbara/9532405/

Here is an article from another source which has a video from the killer. Basically in it he complains about how women would never love him or have sex with him and stuff and he talks about getting retribution for it. It is incredibly creepy and gives off a very very evil vibe.

opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/22-year-old-virgin-kills-seven-drive-shootings-punish-women-video

Horrible. My prayers for the victims and their families.

Prayers offered.

I didn’t see the “Hunger Games”, what I know does not leave me a good impression but I am under the impression, the alleged culprit is the son of the assistant director of “Hunger Games.”

Now, we still are accountable for our own acts but nonetheless, this other can be mentioned.

The father may even be Atheist and well-known.

Director/Writer: imdb.com/title/tt1326954/?ref_=nm_ov_bio_lk2

I always felt super lonely growing up, so I can empathize with his emotions, but the hatred, never!

LOVE! :heart:

Yes, I am also praying for these people. :gopray2: May they be strengthened and comforted during this difficult to understand ordeal.

It looks like the Youtube video that he posted has now been removed because it obviously violates their terms of service. I would tell you what I saw in the video but I am not sure if it would be gossip or not.

Even the hatred is common in disenfranchised young men the world over. The problem here is gun power. “A gun will serve justice for me”.

Guns are more trouble by far, than they are worth.

Nonsense, and this isn’t the opportunity to make the NRA and responsible people this morons problem.

He is a victim of mainstream media which objectify and exploit. He thought he was going to college to get high, get laid and in general act like a pagan and howl at the moon.

He was wrong, misguided and a example of on-going issue indicative of everything wrong with this very administration. They have “no” solutions only band aides. And while they continue to divide the country, just to make us aware of 50-year old problems.

He was misguided in pain, and wanted everyone else to be in pain like he was, and he succeeded. He is a product of the American way of life. Sex, drugs and of course guns go hand in hand.

This will continue to occur until we start to address the real issues which are underlying, not the surface bone they throw and most chase.

Satan certainly had this guy under a strong spell. Loneliness is an illusion that often plays havoc with our soul; it’s all Satan.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638474/BREAKING-NEWS-Three-bodies-removed-apartment-gunman-California-shooting-rampage-revealed-22-year-old-wrote-plans-lure-victims-home-140-page-manifesto.html

On the day of retribution, I am going to enter the hottest sorority house at UCSB and I will slaughter every single spoiled, stuck-up, blond slut I see inside there. All those girls I’ve desired so much. They have all rejected me and looked down on me as an inferior man if I ever made a sexual advance toward them, while they throw themselves at these obnoxious brutes.

I take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you. You will finally see that I am, in truth, the superior one, the true alpha male. [laughs] Yes, after I have annihilated every single girl in the sorority house, I’ll take to the streets of Isla Vista and slay every single person I see there. All those popular kids who live such lives of hedonistic pleasure while I’ve had to rot in loneliness all these years. They all look down upon me every time I tried to join them, they’ve all treated me like a mouse.

Well, now I will be a god compared to you, you will all be animals, you are animals and I will slaughter you like animals. I’ll be a god exacting my retribution on all those who deserve it and you do deserve it just for the crime of living a better life than me.

The popular kids, you never accepted me and now you will all pay for it. Girls, all I ever wanted was to love you, be loved by you. I wanted a girlfriend. I wanted sex, love, affection, adoration.

You think I’m unworthy of you. That’s I crime I can never get over. If I can’t have you girls, I will destroy you. [laughs] You denied me a happy life and in turn I will deny all of you life, it’s only fair. I hate all of you.

Humanity is a disgusting, wretched, depraved species. If I had it in my power I would stop at nothing to reduce every single one of you to mountains of skulls and rivers of blood and rightfully so. You deserve to be annihilated and I will give that to you. You never showed me any mercy so I will show you none.

You forced me to suffer all my life, now I will make you all suffer. I waited a long time for this. I’ll give you exactly what you deserve, all of you. All you girls who rejected me, looked down upon me, you know, treated me like scum while you gave yourselves to other men. And all of you men for living a better life than me, all of you sexually active men. I hate you. I hate all of you. I can’t wait to give you exactly what you deserve, annihilation.

The protagonist of the book would find his actions evil as well I assure you and find him a spoiled selfish brat who has caused huge harm to many people. The assistant director of that movie would have directed it at best for a short period of his son’s life overall. This other can be mentioned but I fail to see it’s relevance.

:thumbsup: We have descended to the depths of a new morality in America. Sad, all that pain. Scary thought how many of these individuals we created here.

Agreed the books had no themes that bore any relation to this rampage. I liked the first two books-the third not so much.

Gary, you seem to have covered almost all the bases: the media, the Obama administration, the American way of life: sex, drugs, guns (but no rock and roll?), paganism (i.e. secularism?). Robert completed your list by adding Satan. How about the mental-health system as well as education and the culture of death? But NOT the NRA. I understand that the weapon he used was legally purchased.

You do know, he killed 3 people with a knife?

keyt.com/news/Rampage-in-college-town-began-with-stabbings/26153616

Let’s have knife control, “a knife will serve justice for me”

The problem here is knife power.

It’s odd, this again, falls in line with what is a long line of liberal related shooters, Columbine, James Holmes, Jarred Laughner, Adam Lanza and now this guy.

I was rushing, I didn’t want to sound prejudice in case he preferred big-band or classical or something. You know how that prejudice conversation has been going as of late. True we should focus on the guns, the prejudice, and the gay- marriage agenda, and how slow the police respond. Least we miss the point. :smiley:

It might be a “male” thing. We are zeroing in on the problem.

Hunger Games has kids killing kids, yep, no relation to this story.

At moments like this, I believe that we need to balance ourselves by recognizing that we live in a world of good and evil, which work in conjunction with each other to bring our world to salvation. Not that we should condone the evil, but always respect it for what it is.

I would like to act like an ‘attorney,’ fighting for the souls of everyone, before God. We simply do not understand all the extreme pain and suffering that this murderer was under. How much I would like to have been able to reach out to this person? I do not think it would had taken a whole lot to change him. I forgive him!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.