70,000 witnesses at Fatima

Hello,

I commonly hear about the 70,000 witnesses having seen the sun dance at Fatima. Where are the testimonies of all these witnesses? Was it just one testimony of a witness who thought he saw the sun dance and then thought that there were aprox. 70,000 people surrounding him and assumed everyone saw it? Help please.

Thank you

The testimonies were printed in several Portugal newspapers the days following the incident. I have many of the testimonies on a page on my site at this link:

protestanterrors.com/fatima.htm

I can elaborate further if need be…

BH
protestanterrors.com

[quote=Brown10985]Hello,

I commonly hear about the 70,000 witnesses having seen the sun dance at Fatima. Where are the testimonies of all these witnesses? Was it just one testimony of a witness who thought he saw the sun dance and then thought that there were aprox. 70,000 people surrounding him and assumed everyone saw it? Help please.

Thank you
[/quote]

70,000 people saw it but it was more than a dancing sun.That morning it had been pouring down rain everyone was soaked,when the miracle started the sun started spinning and then started coming down while people dropped to their knees asking for forgiveness:eek: They thought the end was there.The sun then went back to its place and everyone and the ground was completely dry.

There have been various reports on the number of eye witnesses of the miracle of the sun at Fatima. Newspaper accounts over the days following the miracle give irrefutable indications that the number of people was in the tens of thousands. The Portugese newspapers that reported the story include Ordem, O Dia, and O Seculo (a pro-government, anti-clerical Lisbon paper).

I would suggest that you do a web search and look for all of the historical data available along with the Newspaper articles that were published at the time. In doing so you will learn about the witnesses that were interviewed. It is truly amazing because of the non-religious people that witnessed the event and the total numbers involved. Many well educated and well respected people gave testimony concerning the miracle of the sun.

At the September apparition, Lucia, Francisco, and Jacinta were surrounded by 30,000 people, an enormous crowd for rural Portugal in 1917. And when the news spread that Mary had promised a visible sign, the witnesses swelled to 70,000 on October 13 to watch “the miracle of the sun.” Amidst all the enthusiasm and mass hysteria, the ecstatic stories of the sun breaking through the clouds and dancing across the sky, there are some surprisingly sober accounts–mostly by reporters from anticlerical newspapers and skeptical academics who had come to watch the crowd. “The sun’s disc did not remain immobile. This was not the sparkling of a heavenly body, for it spun round on itself in a mad whirl,” wrote a professor from the University of Coimbra. "Then, suddenly, one heard a clamor, a cry of anguish breaking from all the people. The sun, whirling wildly, seemed to loosen itself from the firmament and advance threateningly upon the earth as if to crush us with its huge and fiery weight. The sensation during those moments was terrible."
weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/005/284douan.asp?pg=2

Except for the Oct. 13th Apparition where some other people besides the three seers may have also seen the Blessed Mother, St. Joseph, the infanct Jesus, WHAT EVERYBODY SAW AND HEARD ON JUNE 13, JULY 13, SEPT. 13, OCT 13 WAS THE LIGHTNING BOLT ON THE EAST EXACTLY 12 NOON, (NO MATTER WHAT THE WEATHER)!!!

I think that this is a MIRACLE IN THE WEATHER!!! And everybody who went there regardless of their religion or whether they were agnostics or atheists, THEY ALL EXPECTED AND THEY ALL SAW THAT LIGHTNING ON THE EAST EXACTLY 12:00 NOON!!! IN OTHER WORDS THEY WERE ALL WITNESSES TO THE LIGHTNING FROM THE EAST AT 12:OO NOON.

EXPERIMENTS, OBSERVATIONS CAN BE MADE IF THIS LIGHTNING EXACTLY AT NOON OF EVERY 13th OF CONSECUTIVE MONTHS WILL EVER BE REPEATED AGAIN IN FATIMA WITHOUT AN APPARITION. I don’t think it will ever be repeated again because I don’t think that this is how nature behaves.

=================
Also, another miracle that is VERIFIABLE is the fact that the BODY OF JACINTA MARTO WAS NEVER EMBALMED, HAD A TUBERCULAR(?) WOUND ON THE CHEST WHICH WOULDN"T HEAL WHILE SHE WAS ALIVE AND THUS WAS ROTTING(?), YET ON DEATH, HER BODY NEVER DECOMPOSED. UNLIKE OTHER DEAD BODIES, IT WAS GROWING!!! AT THE FUNERAL PARLOR, IT WAS EMITTING FRAGRANCE. EVEN DECADES LATER EVERYTIME IT WAS EXHUMED, HER BODY WAS EMITTING FRAGRANCE!!!

===================
Another thing that everybody can see is the fact that in the apparitions, because Jacinta and Francisco were inside the cloud which enveloped the Blessed Virgin Mother and Lucia was outside the cloud, plus what the Blessed Mother told them, THEY TOLD OTHERS THAT FRANCISCO AND JACINTA WOULD BE TAKEN TO HEAVEN VERY SOON(DIE) WHILE LUCIA WILL(LIVE) BE LEFT TO DO FURTHER WORK.

And indeed it can be VERIFIED that JACINTA AND FRANCISCO DID DIE SOON AFTER 1917. And LUCIA DIED AT THE AGE OF 96 (?) just like in the Fatima Apparitions, — on the 13TH OF THE MONTH!!! If I am not mistaken, FEBRUARY 13th, 2005

See “Lady Fatimah” in the ISLAM SUBFORUM.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.