'7th Heaven' Dad Stephen Collins Confesses on Tape To Child Molestation!!!

The title of this thread is tied to the 2nd link in the post, to be thorough here.
Putting this here because this was a family show that taught “values.”

If even this was rotten to the core, then may God have mercy on our country. :frowning:

I wasn’t that big of a fan of 7th Heaven----simply an occasional watcher of it----but this just floored and devastated me nevertheless--------

cnn.com/2014/10/07/showbiz/stephen-collins-molestation-probe/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

This is the link where his wife tapes him (secretly) confessing to child molestation two years ago:

tmz.com/2014/10/07/stephen-collins-child-molestation-7th-heaven-audio-tape-nypd-investigation/

In this link, the wife insists she did not know about the molestations before Jan 2012 (when she taped him) and that she went to the police immediately afterward. She also says that his therapist diagnosed him as a narcissistic psychopath with no remorse:

tv.yahoo.com/news/stephen-collins-wife-alleges-had-184500301.html

WB has yanked 7th Heaven reruns indefinitely:
tmz.com/2014/10/07/stephen-collins-molestation-tv-guide-7th-heaven-removed/

Fans and some stars react:
usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/10/07/beverley-mitchell-fans-react-stephen-collins-molestation/16852575/

Wonder----should the show ever be put on reruns ever again?

I personally would not mind--------I can separate the acting from the real-life person—many cannot.

Probably will not be for a long time. :frowning:

If you cannot trust Eric Camden, who can you trust? :shrug:

Discuss. :blush:

If he’s tried, found guilty and convicted then I agree that reruns of 7th Heaven should be stopped. However, it has not even reached that state yet.

Forever, though?

Many can separate the acting role from the real person…maybe not.

I would say, though, that they need to take out (if it returns one day) anything that may point to pedophilia--------there was an episode in which Eric counsels a molestation victim—a girl, I remember.

Maybe that would be acceptable?

Just my point of view.

My co-worker on this shift stopped by my desk today and told me about this story. I have never seen it but it must have been a pretty decent show.

His kids are in their early 20’s now. He told me this was one the few shows he watched with them. Looks like he will have plenty of company in being disappointed.

So sad. So, so sad.

I never watched 7th Heaven, so I can’t comment on that.

I was a SC fan from way back in the 80s with Tales of the Gold Monkey. We have the series on DVD. I had the biggest crush on him then, when I was around 14.

But now? I feel sick, and horribly disappointed. I will never look at him the same again. Praying for his victims, and himself as well, to overcome this horror.

Please keep in mind Paragraph 2477 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.