8 year old has a sex change operation

Oh, and this boy’s case sounds different from my brothers, that’s for sure. Though there’s no word for the opposite of tomboy (motgirl?? :D) I’ve seen boys be really tender with dolls, playing “house” with them just like girls do. My brothers have done this on occasion, and I remember how my two younger brothers sometimes wore dress up clothes or carried around a purse once in a while. Same way my sisters were…they like to play with cars and trains on occasion.

What my siblings did is far different from this boy’s case–doesn’t sound like a regular old phase like when my sister thought she was a dog, or my brother meowed instead of using human language to talk. Hence why I seriously think he’s transgender, and why I’m stressing the importance of not only accepting that fact, but living a moral life accordingly like other Catholic GLBT folks.

She also has girl parts - specifically, in the brain.

Here’s a recent communication to me from Dr Ecker MD FACS about similar cases:

Hi Zoe

Yes, we gave our presentation to 60 plus psychiatrists from the US, AU, FR, IT, EU, UK, Holland etc.

We spoke for 2 1/2 hours on why cross gender identity was a normal inherited variation of humans. We showed how Transgender Brains think, smell, and hear like the opposite sex. We presented internationally accepted guidelines for hormonal treatment of transsexuals to be published Summer 2009.

Here are my slides and with my participants’ permission I shall send you theirs. We are now in print in the APA Syllabus and soon in the APA Journal this summer. I am checking if we were recorded.

My greatest personal compliment came from Frank Kruijver, from Holland, whose research of the human brain in TSs started it all. He thought we have taken his work very far in our understanding of the human brain.

Hope you can do something with this.

Sid Ecker, M.D.

I hope that the Magesterium takes note of this, and starts treating Transsexual people as the Intersexed people they are, not the people they appear superficially to be.

Remember I’m one of the cases of Intersex who get a natural external sex change. We exist, and we cause all sorts of theological conundra. The Church has it right when it says that we are born male or female, and no amount of external change afterwards makes any difference to that. Dr Ecker has shown that to be true.

They’re wrong though when they say appearance at birth is an infallible guide. My existence proves that - as does Dr Ecker’s and many other people’s work.

It’s only the ignorant and superstitious who ignore the evidence, and prescribe flagellation, fasting, meditation, electro-convulsive therapy, exorcism and the like, for an Intersex condition that can be seen on MRI scans. A condition that can be ameliorated by aligning the rest of the body with the part we can’t change, the brain.

There are no teachings on what transsexuals or intersexed are supposed to do, outside of chastity. There are no official statements, only secret vatican documents. You can go to many priests and get a different answer from each and every one.

There are secret Vatican documents on transsexuals and the intersexed???:eek:

I forget the term, but it is ‘sealed’ because from what folks have been able to figure out, the case involved a priest who was transsexual.

The term is sub secretum. But yes, they aren’t available to the public.

So the issue of interesexuality and transsexuality is not settled by any stretch of the imagination. Thus no one has the right to act like it is.

See the thread What is the Church’s position on the Intersexed and Transsexed? on the Social Justice Forum for details of what the Church’s position is. We think, as the details are, in fact, secret.

It might also be illuminating to read Transsexualism, why is it so despised?.

The transsexuals being despised thread was started by me by the way:thumbsup: What upsets and angers me are comments like the one easrlier in this thread where “rpp” says this “boy” will not be allowed to attened school as a girl and posts a link and says nothing more. But refering to the child as a boy does say what rpp’s opinion is then he hides behind a link. Like he thinks the matter is settled. I’m here to say it is’nt settled and I hope to upset alot of apple carts over it. Having been made to live as the male I’m not has practically ruined my life, and I hope to see no more lifes ruined because a child has to pretend to be what they are not inside. Those with the mind set of rpp better bace themselves for a big battle over it someday maybe soon. This is a medical frontier people are going to have to learn to deal with whether they like it or not. Sweeping it under a rug isn’t going to put the issue away anymore.:mad:

Are you someone who has been trained in this area?

Possibly a very dumb question… are these cases due to the XY mix-up sort of thing? Or are the chromosomes which determine sex apparently normal for the sex the person seems to have been born with physically?

We are finding out more that chromosomes has less to do with determining sex of the person that what we once thought it did.

Just to toss another monkey wrench into the works, there’s cases where people were born without any “parts” at all (that is, around the 2 month stage of development in the womb, there’s two glands that don’t form male or female “parts”). These people need to have an operation to even have conjugal (sp?) relations. This is the birth defect that I was born with. (I think under Catholic canon law, I’m unable to be married or have children, which I don’t mind or make a big deal out of). My gynocologist told me that many people he sees with this medical condition have turned to drugs and other immoral (my words, not his) activity. I think my gynocologists (2 of them that I’ve had, one was a famous (or infamous?) doctor in the 1970s - I don’t see one now. ), let’s just say, leaned towards the more liberal side of things and suggested that I go down that path, which I didn’t. I did have to take estrogen pills (yes, those kinds of pills, but it was a medical reason) for awhile (stopped taking them - didn’t exactly like the powdery taste).

But he is not a girl ‘inside’ or anywhere else.

He is a boy with a transgender disorder.

So what do you propose? To drug this eight year old up? Nothing works, I lived through many years of drugs, secular therapy, religious therapy and even an exorcism or two. Nothing ever fixed me, there wasn’t anything to fix, in the end. All it did was ruin my childhood to the point I struggle to have any happy memories of it at all. It’s a wreckage of depression, suicide attempts and struggle, my first attempt was at the age this child is now.

What are some of the other things that have to do with determining sex? (I really know nothing about this type of situation except for the one where chromosomes are off.) I hope you don’t mind my asking–I’m not trying to be rude or anything!

Well, certainly not to lie to the child. The child is male, there is no inner ‘girl’, either biologically or ontologically.

To say otherwise is to be decietful.

What this child needs (like every child) is to be told the truth and assisted in accepting the truth. That he is a BOY with a particular condition.

No a girl. Iv’e studied up on the issue since the days car still had AM radio pumping music through one speaker in the dash. The disorder is where the brain is not congruent with the body. Since human essence come from the mind, ie the brain, the child is a girl trapped in a boy’s body and has a long road of one battle after another for her growing up.

I was told this, repeatedly. I tried to commit suicide at the age of 8. I tried again repeatedly throughout my puberty. I don’t have any pleasant memories of my childhood. I remember pain, suffering, being told I am going to burn in hell for how I acted, just, nothing but mental anguish.

If I ever had a child I would’t want you even within a mile of him or her. You obviously do not get it one ioda.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.