850 Registered Voters in NY Old Enough to Fought in Civil War (aka War of Nothern Aggression)

nypost.com/2014/10/22/850-people-officially-over-164-years-old-nyc-board-of-elections/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPFacebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow

A single Bronx voter listed in official records as being 164 years old led Board of Elections officials to review their files — where they turned up another 849 New Yorkers who were supposedly alive when Abe Lincoln was president.

The stunning discovery came after The Post reported last week that the birth date of Luz Pabellon, a spry 73-year-old who has been living and voting in The Bronx since the 1970s, was recorded as Jan. 1, 1850.

This week, a search of the records in all five boroughs found 849 more voters with the same wacky birth date.

Musta been sumpin in da wahdder.

:smiley:

My guess is that all vote Democrat.

Another vile use of a certain political epithet. This is not charitable. You owe an apology.

I will report this.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet

You mean Democrat is an epithet instead of Democratic?

Are you serious? This has to be a joke.

I’m not American, and my knowledge of the Civil War is almost non-existent, but maybe they’re all Confederate sleepers.

Only problem is Rip Van Winkle hasn’t woken up yet.

It’s my understanding that the date in question - Jan. 1, 1850, was used as “filler” some years (decades?) ago when records were being compiled and a number were found to have birth dates missing. If someone were intending fraud (shocked, shocked) they would probably have chosen a more likely date. And different dates. So just this once maybe there’s no “fire” despite the smoke.

Yeah, maybe, but then again…this is New York we are talking about where the dead are a voting constituency.

:smiley:

Besides, the article simply mentions the official birth date as what it is. This isn’t made up, just an indicator of how poor their data is.

Someone born on 1/1/1850 would not, unless lying about their age and physically larger than average, have been enlisted before the War between the States was over.:slight_smile:

ICXC NIKA

Sadly, the practice of corrupt party flunkies sending kids into the graveyard to copy names off headstones for voting registration was at one time widespread. There are even jokes about it.

It is to finally eliminate that sort of thing that voter ID laws were enacted.

Still, I’d say that if funny business were intended, a date less egregious than 1850 (really!) would have been chosen.

ICXC NIKA

Yup

Well, she would be 73/74 if she was born in 1950. So, I would be willing to believe that the 1850 date might just be a simple mistake.

Q: What is the similarity between a Democratic poll worker and Haley Joel Osment’s character in The Sixth Sense?

A: They both see dead people :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone can put a wikipedia page out. It is not well sourced. Must be a joke.

Funny, the Democrats keep saying voter fraud doesn’t really exist.

While they (the Democrats) keep on doing it (voter fraud). :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

:whistle: I Love New York, I Love New York

:whistle: I Love the Democrats The Democrats Theme song: Happy Days are Here Again played by a big Brass Band!

Do you know that New York City has its OWN birth registry. If you are born outside of New York City, your birth registration is up in the great state capital of ALBANY! :love:

Maybe that is why my native state keeps the registries separate!

LOL, I am gonna steal it :):):slight_smile:

ICXC NIKA

Aren’t you supposed to use the headline of the linked article, not editorialize it?

I.e., 850 voters in NYC are officially 164 years old, not

850 Registered Voters in NY Old Enough to [Have] Fought in Civil War (aka War of Northern Aggression)

That sounds more like a default date or perhaps a confusing data entry system. It could also be one very lazy worker that screwed that up. There is no reason to believe that voters intent on fraud are messing up the date. Not sure I would jump to any conclusions until more information is released.

If they were alive during Lincoln, and are Yankees by birth, wouldn’t they be more likely Republicans? :smiley:

( I’m an Independent- so not trying to defend or slam anyone here).

To balance this out, only 850 people in the south can count that high…:smiley:

And yes, if you are in the south and reading this you are one of those 850.:smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.