8th September - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY!

I pray that this day will be one of rejoicing for Our Lady with many sinners experiencing lasting conversion…and many souls out of Purgatory and entering into Heaven. May the whole of Heaven with us rejoice on this awesome day for which we thank you, Father, who gifted us Your Son and His mother and His must humble foster father Joseph.
Our Lady, Queen of Heaven, pray for us guiding and guarding us in the footsteps of your Son to The Father’s Glory through the Holy Spirit…Amen.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/liturgicalyear/pictures/9_8_mary_birth2.jpg

catholicculture.org/culture/liturgicalyear/calendar/day.cfm?date=2008-09-08

Reflection on The Birth of Mary
ewtn.com/library/MARY/MARYBRTH.HTM

Others may like to add their own reflections and links…

Today was the Feast of the Nativity of the Theotokos, always beautiful. I wanted to share the Tropraion and Kontakion of the Feast, along with the Scriptures.

Troparion

“Your nativity, O Mother of God, heralded joy to the whole universe, for from you rose the Sun of Justice, Christ our God, taking away the curse, He imparted the blessings, and by abolishing death, He gave us everlasting life.”

Kontakion

Through your holy birth, O Immaculate One, Joachim and Anne were delivered from the shame of childlessness, and Adam and Eve from the corruption of death. Your people, redeemed from the debt of their sins, cry out to you to honor your birth: “The barren one gives birth to the Mother of God the Sustainer of our life!”

Scriptural Readings Vespers

Genesis 28: 10-17

Ezechiel 43: 27 to 44: 4

Proverbs 9: 1-11

Divine Liturgy

Phillipians 2: 5-11

Luke 10: 38-42 and 11:27-28.

**Genesis 28: 12-17** - And [Jacob] dreamed that there was a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven; and behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it! And behold, the LORD stood above it and said, "I am the LORD, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and to your descendants; and your descendants shall be like the dust of the earth, and you shall spread abroad to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south; and by you and your descendants shall all the families of the earth bless themselves. Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done that of which I have spoken to you." Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, "Surely the LORD is in this place; and I did not know it." And he was afraid, and said, "How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven."

**  		Ezekiel 44:1-4** - Then [the Lord] brought me back to the outer gate of the sanctuary, which faces east; and it was shut. And he said to me, "This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the LORD, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut. Only the prince may sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by way of the vestibule of the gate, and shall go out by the same way." Then he brought me by way of the north gate to the front of the temple; and I looked, and behold, the glory of the LORD filled the temple of the LORD; and I fell upon my face.

**Proverbs 9:10-11** - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight. For by me your days will be multiplied, and years will be added to your life.

**Luke 1:46-49** - And Mary said, “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden. For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed; for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name.”

**Phillipians 2:6-8 **- Though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross.

**  		Luke 11:27-28** - As he said this, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to him, "Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the breasts that nursed you!" But he said, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!"    		(RSV)

Happy Birthday, blessed Mother of mine! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.