9-11 Cross

Does anyone know if the 9-11 Cross will remain even after the Freedom Towers are build?

The 9-11 Cross are those I-beams that form a cross after the WTC Building Collapse.

I hope they will keep it.

http://www.september11news.com/AAACross1.jpg

Would be interesting to see if it stays…

No reason not too as long as it’s deemed being on private property. If it’s on public/govt property, the ACLU will get involved and then it might get removed. Sad.

Thanks for the picture–I’ve saved it for newsletters my dh and I edit. :clapping:

And I too hope the cross is kept. After all, it is the last remnant of the WTC and it was a focal point for courage and renewed hope. I can’t see anything wrong with that! :thumbsup:

I actually have a large picture in my room of the firemen and the monk blessing it! Oh, YES, the cross is still up…at least as of this past New Year’s weekend when I visited.

“Hence we must say that for the knowledge of any truth whatsoever man needs divine help, that the intellect may be moved by God to its act. But he does not need a new light added to his natural light, in order to know the truth in all things, but only in some that surpasses his natural knowledge” (Summa Theologiae, I-II, 109, 1).

Thanks for posting that picture. Yesterday was my birthday, which was also the feast of the Triumph of the Cross. It’s something to contemplate when looking at that photo.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.