96 Percent of Google Search Results for 'Trump' News Are from Liberal Media

While the content itself is not surprising, I’m sharing this more for the excellent analysis of the news sources on the left right spectrum.

The mapping looks accurate to me.

I’m pretty sure that this will come up in the September 5th hearing.

With the algorithm largely being a black box and the general ignorance that we all have on the search ranking of a domain though most of what can be discussed on this is conjecture. Information on how to affect search engine rankings is in general not published and trying to probe one’s own ranking can both be a violation of terms and negatively affect that ranking. I think that PJ is jumping to a conclusion on why the search results came out the way that they did. (I’m not saying their conclusion is wrong, only that I don’t think there’s much information supporting it)

In randomly checking the sites listed in the above graphic it looks that more on the left than on the right support AMP. Since that is something that Google announced would be a factor in a result being given preference that’s something to consider. There are other factors that Google has said positively or negatively effect search result rankings and checking the correlation against these other factors might be a relevant piece of information, such as bounce rate, link authority, and the number of referring domains among others. If the sites against which PJ says that Google is showing biased also had the attributes that are associated with higher search rankings then I think there would be a stronger case to be made.

That’s because most of the employees of Google are left-leaning. A year ago there was this issue of a Google employee who was fired because he has a right-wing ideology

James Damore was the employee’s name. And it was the or an internal memo arguing gender differences could explain the shortage of women in technical and leadership roles in the technology industry (aka Diversity Memo). I think he would have otherwise been fine had someone not leaked his personal ID outside the company. Google recently updated some of their internal rules to prevent that in the future.

How will they incentivize many many more women to go to work at tech industry companies?

That’s not what I read in your link.
It says AMP pages get preference placement in the “carousel of news stories at the top of the search result.”

So AMP pages are more likely to be the ‘featured news’ sources. That’s very different than a strong bias as you page down the news tab itself.

So use Yahoo or Bing!

Or write your own search engine putting Fox News and the National Enquirer at the top.

EXCERPT:

Get it straight, Google! There is no bad news about Donald Trump, only good news. If you can see bad news about him, something is very, very wrong!

Above is a nice photo of him, a flattering photo (although, of course, any picture of DT shows DT, & what more could any photographer hope for?)

Donald Trump’s wit is as effortless as it is delightful. He is as intelligent as he is well-versed in the day-to-day work of the presidency, & he is as beloved abroad as he is at home. Sometimes people criticize him, but that is because they are operating with a different set of facts than he is operating with. DT knows this, & it saddens and enrages him to think of all those people getting different sets of facts. That is why Google, Twitter & Facebook had better watch out.

An easy way to tell if your facts are good is to look at Donald Trump. Is he glorious & splendid? Is he perfect in every way? Does merely thinking of him clear your pores & strengthen your mind-body connection? Or is he a dire lump of malfeasance? If the latter, you had better hurry & get your mind straight before DT obliges Google to straighten you out! Do you think that anyone could disagree with DT a reason other than them being A Vile Liar Who Is Rigging The System Against Him From Within, or perhaps a literal witch? Good. You had better not.

All of Donald Trump’s ideas are good; none of them are bad. Sometimes someone thinks DT had a bad idea, but that is because they did not hear him distinctly, or because they saw an Expert say so. (Experts are not to be trusted; by definition, they are people who claim to know more about a subject than DT, which is, I think, impossible?) Those people are to be pitied, but also censured, and possibly censored.

continued below

Continued from:

EXCERPT:
Donald Trump is right about everything, except when things are maliciously rigged against him by vile liars. If you think DT has ever been wrong, think again. Think harder! You will get there.

Donald Trump smells good, probably. DT is kind. DT is smart. DT is important. All cats admire DT. The greatest regret of dogs is that their regard for DT is not mutual.

If you could bottle his essence & rub it all over yourself, you would become irresistible, your luck would improve, & furthermore, birds would flock to you offering to collude & you would be able to understand them & tell them “No.”

Donald Trump’s veins are perfect, as are his arteries. DT never looks ridiculous, not even for a moment. DT does not snore, or, if he does, it is a soothing, pleasant sound that you might record & sell as a kind of white noise. DT always dances like people are watching, because no one who watched him dance could possibly do anything but approve. He is immensely clever & his voice is tuneful. On every occasion when it has appeared that he was ignorant of a fact or a lyric or even the hue of the flag, someone else was confused.

When the best that even people who are trying very hard to praise DT can come up with to say about him in their books is “he is certainly doing things differently,” they do not mean there is nothing better to say about him, they just mean that they are weak & small-minded & lack his boundless imagination.

He should definitely have had that parade, & it is a shame that he did not have that parade. No one has ever deserved a parade more. People love him, not only Mike Pence, but many, many people who are not Mike Pence.

DT has no reason to feel insecure about anything. DT needs no reassurance from anyone. DT is not threatening Google because its “News” results contain actual news, but because they are “treading on very, very troubled territory” & they had better be careful. There is nothing alarming or pathetic about any of this.

I can’t say about Bing, but Yahoo is blatently anti-Trump.

Or maybe we just break up google using anti-trust laws.

Ugh, I sent the wrong link. Will try to send the right one when I come back ashore and have steady connectivity. But in a nut shell this year Google announced page load time will be a factor in page ranking and AMP, which is made for fast loads, will positively affect that score.

I tried capturing the domains of my search results via the Bing API and got back these. Not sure how they are all classified.

How would that work? Along what lines is it suggested they be broken?

10^50 x 10^50

:slight_smile:

(That’s actually a googel broken up)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.