99 Names of Allah sung in a Catholic Cathedral

Found on the weblog of Father Tim Finigan (whom may God preserve :)) - the-hermeneutic-of-continuity.blogspot.com/search?q=Allah

[LIST]
*][/FONT]Westminster Cathedral blog on 99 names[/LIST][LIST]
*][FONT=Georgia]Mgr Mark Langham has posted on the The [/FONT]Beautiful Names concert[FONT=Georgia] in which the 99 names of Allah were sung in Westminster Cathedral. In addition to his post about the concert itself, he has a generous and fair-minded [/FONT]post about the protest[FONT=Georgia] against it, describing it as “dignified and prayerful.”[/LIST]So is the haj, no doubt - that doesn’t make it a Pontifical High Mass. Any more than wearing a mitre makes a man a Catholic; such as Cardinal Mahmud-O’Connor or the Imam Langham (who will doubtless be inflicted on some unfortunate diocese, if this nonsense is not checked).

There really is a strong appeasement urge among some well-meaning but misguided Christians. Why invent a ‘brotherhood’ with Muslims when there isn’t one to begin with? Muslims don’t consider Christians their brothers but lesser human beings. They have words to describe you - dhimmis, kafir, munafiq, mushrik.

Take your pick.

Some consider you polytheist for your Trinitarian belief.

There is only one theology in the entire world that specifically calls for the oppression of Christians in their holiest scripture. Only One.

Why the rush into brotherhood with this anti-Christian theology? You are dancing with the devil, as they say.

We kaffirs also rank with:
faeces
urine
blood
dogs
pigs
semen
and animals who eat filth

Vickie

Also we are like pigs because we eat pork i.e. having pink skin, behavior badly, dirty, uncivilized, etc.

Hi

Don’t be hate mongers.

Love for all, hatred for none.

All become Son of Man, rather than hate preachers.

Thanks

I don’t believe I’m a hate monger. I haven’t told anyone to hate muslims. i only point out the hatred by muslims for disbelievers. Besides, there is nothing wrong with fighting for justice. The true hate mongers are those who propagate teachings like this:

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 24:
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
Allah’s Apostle said: “I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah’s Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform all that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning (accounts) will be done by Allah.”

Hi

I think you cannot restraint, it has become your second nature, you are a free bird, no compulsion.

Thanks

It has always been inculcated into me from a young age that it is good and moral to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. I make no apologies about that.

I consider this to be sacreligious. To sing names of the Islamic god in a Catholic Cathedral is a disgraceful action.

We should all pray the rosary in reparation for this insult to Our Lord.

I agree! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Vickie

Just out of curiosity, could you provide us with a few of the “names of God” that was sung in the Cathedral?

Please identify which “name of God” you found sacreligious.

Just one or two of the Names would suffice my curiosity.

The All Compelling Subduer
The Avenger
The Distressor, The Harmer

The problem with this is that an Islamic concept for the Islamic god is being used in a Catholic Cathedral. Do not forget how the Muslims sacked the Basilica of St. Peter in 846, and siezed Constantinople in 1453! Were the Crusades in vain? Have we forgotton the Battle of Lepanto? The Battle of Vienna? The Reconquista of Spain? The muslims have sought an end to Christianity from their foundation, and now they sing the names of their god in Westminister Cathedral.

Since these are English transliterations, and in all transliterations they loose meaning…yet we know that the God of the Bible has similar qualities…God is the Subduer of Nations

The Avenger of the weak and mistreated…“Vengence is Mine says the Lord”

and is not God also the one who would bring Harm…the Punisher…the One who at the last day will punish the wicked?

The attributes of God in Arabic, seem to be the same attributes of God in English…I guess I find much of the God of the Old Testament very similar if not the same as the God of the Holy Quran.

I don’t know Arabic, so I’m sure all the nuances are lost to me.

The point is that a false god is being venerated in a Catholic Cathedral. Whats next? Enthrone a statue of Buddha in the church?

Evidently the priest and/or bishop disagrees with you, not everyone sees Allah Most Holy as a “false god”. The Arabic Christians call Him Allah…so again we have a disagreement it appears.

Not just the priests and bishops – the Catechism itself disagrees with the proposition that Muslims worship some other deity:

841: The Church’s relationship with the Muslims. “The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day.”

Ahh yes, I forgot about the catechism which I assume has some small input from the Magisterium. I assme it is not meant to mislead catechists by stating such.

wow…that makes me want to watch an old Superman show!!! :thumbsup:

No sweat ! :slight_smile:

…:rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.