A 56,000-square-foot St. Vincent de Paul thrift store just opened in Pewaukee (Wisconsin)

A 56,000-square-foot St. Vincent de Paul thrift store just opened in Pewaukee

Evan Frank

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

St. Vincent de Paul of Waukesha County in Pewaukee has opened.

Hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays.

The location at 601 Ryan St. is the largest thrift store in the Midwest at 56,000 square feet, according to Rod Colburn, director of marketing and development.

Kind of cool, we have a Society of St. Vincent de Paul in a nearby Church. They apparently can achieve great things and they run these thrift shops.

Cool! I wish I could shop there! We had a smallish one near us when I was a kid. I loved seeing what was for sale when we would drop off our outgrown clothes.

Wow, this is wonderful! There’s one in my hometown and it has helped so many people.

1 Like

If one studies it, a real pioneer in getting the work of St. Vincent done was Frederic Ozanam. So, He was beatified, so “blessed”, okay… passed away only at 40 years old. He’s actually a big wheel in getting the organization rolling which astoundingly

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.