A beautiful consolation. How exciting to know that we are in the midst of the birthpangs of the Messiah. May HaShem send him soon to gather His children from the 4 corners of the world back to Jerusalem !
60:1. Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has shone upon you.
- For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and a gross darkness the kingdoms, and the Lord shall shine upon you, and His glory shall appear over you.
**3. And nations shall go by your light and kings by the brilliance of your shine. **
**4. Lift up your eyes all around and see, they all have gathered, they have come to you; your sons shall come from afar, and your daughters shall be raised on [their] side. **
Then you shall see and be radiant, and your heart shall be startled and become enlarged, for the abundance of the west shall be turned over to you, the wealth of the nations that will come to you.
A multitude of camels shall cover you, the young camels of Midian and Ephah, all of them shall come from Sheba; gold and frankincense they shall carry, and the praises of the Lord they shall report.
7. All the sheep of Kedar shall be gathered to you, the rams of Nebaioth shall serve you; they shall be offered up with acceptance upon My altar, and I will glorify My glorious house.
- Who are these that fly like a cloud and like doves to their cotes?
**9. For the isles will hope for Me, and the ships of Tarshish [as] in the beginning, to bring your sons from afar, their silver and their gold with them, in the name of the Lord your God and for the Holy One of Israel, for He has glorified you. **
**10. And foreigners shall build your walls, and their kings shall serve you, for in My wrath I struck you, and in My grace have I had mercy on you. **
- And they shall open your gates always; day and night they shall not be closed, to bring to you the wealth of the nations and their kings in procession.
**12. For the nation and the kingdom that shall not serve you shall perish, and the nations shall be destroyed. **
- The glory of the Lebanon shall come to you, box trees, firs, and cypresses together, to glorify the place of My sanctuary, and the place of My feet I will honor.
**14. And the children of your oppressors shall go to you bent over, and those who despised you shall prostrate themselves at the soles of your feet, and they shall call you ‘the city of the Lord, Zion of the Holy One of Israel.’ **
**15. Instead of your being forsaken and hated without a passerby, I will make you an everlasting pride, the joy of every generation.
And you shall suck the milk of nations and the breast of kings you shall suck, and you shall know that I am the Lord, your Savior, and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob. **
Instead of the copper I will bring gold, and instead of the iron I will bring silver, and instead of the wood, copper, and instead of the stones, iron, and I will make your officers peace and your rulers righteousness.
18. Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, neither robbery nor destruction within your borders, and you shall call salvation your walls and your gates praise.
You shall no longer have the sun for light by day, and for brightness, the moon shall not give you light, but the Lord shall be to you for an everlasting light, and your God for your glory.
Your sun shall no longer set, neither shall your moon be gathered in, for the Lord shall be to you for an everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be completed. (this present exile will be over!)
And your people, all of them righteous, shall inherit the land forever, a scion of My planting, the work of My hands in which I will glory.
The smallest shall become a thousand and the least a mighty nation; I am the Lord, in its time I will hasten it.
I ask this question, because I was taught that there would never be sacrifices again. So in reading this beautiful prophetic consolation, I would like to know if Catholics interpret this as anything other than a prophecy for the children of Israel -