A beautiful prayer from Catholic Saint Francis de Sales

I find this prayer so beautiful and so true:

"Do not look forward to the changes and chances of this life with fear. Rather, look to them with full confidence that, as they arise, God to whom you belong will in his love enable you to profit by them. He has guided you thus far in life. Do you but hold fast to His dear hand, and He will lead you safely through all trials. Whenever you cannot stand, He will carry you lovingly in his arms.

Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow. The same Eternal Father who takes care of you today will take care of you tomorrow, and every day of your life. Either He will shield you from suffering or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it.

Be at peace then, and put aside all useless thoughts, all vain dreads and all anxious imaginations."

• Saint Francis de Sales (1567-1622)

Matthew, thank you so much for posting this prayer, it will benefit so many who are struggling through trials and tribulations (myself included). I will definitely use it in the prayer intentions forum.

God bless!

Thanks for posting the prayer! :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing that Prayer. I have just shared it with friends. Beautiful…:thumbsup:

This shows us that the Christian life is not to be consumed with anxiety and worry. For, as Mother Angelica once said in one of her lectures, “The Lord will take care.” And He will.

May God bless you all! :slight_smile:

Thats why I love the Poem “Footprints.” God Bless, Memaw

awesome!

I’m glad you all found it as moving and inspirational as I did.

I was reading more about the Catholic saints today. It’s wonderful to see those holy men and women recognized in that way! Your Church has such beautiful richness and depth to it…

Thanks Matthew. I also like this by St. Francis De Sales :

“The thoughts of those moved by natural human love are almost completely fastened on the beloved, their hearts are filled with passion for it, and their mouths full of its praises. When it is gone they express their feelings in letters, and can’t pass by a tree without carving the name of their beloved in its bark. Thus too those who love God can never stop thinking about him, longing for him, aspiring to him, and speaking about him. If they could, they would engrave the name of Jesus on the hearts of all humankind.”

Nothing should separate us from Jesus, the Savior of the World! :highprayer:

MJ

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.