A book i think all (adult) Christians should read

It is a book called Unholy, by a Mr. Draco … about the life and death of Madyln Murray O’hair, the one who fought all the way to the Sup Ct to get prayer taken out of school (she fought a lot of other legal battles as well, to try to get Christianity taken out of the public arena 100%)…

It is an amazing story because (i feel) it shows how God works in a person’s life to save that person’s soul. She got angry at God when young and never seemed to get over it… or maybe she wasn’t really angry at God, but trying to make a point… but in any case, she went out into an electircal storm (when young) and cursed God, daring him (if he existed) to strike her with lightning. That didn’t happen (would have probably been better if it had considering how things transpired…:eek:) so she told everyone that this incident proved there was no God…

anyway… it seems to me that God gave her an “interesting set of circumstances” … in order to, it seems… get her to call out to Him…

but i am not going to give away the ending… (I’ll leeave that to some other poster) :smiley:

suffice it to say that something very bad happened to her & i think its interesting that it happend shortly after she protested (again, in court) the pope saying Mass in… some public place in Washington DC… The Court ruled against her on t hat one… but dont’ rcall which ct.

I don’t know all the ways in which God chooses to act, obviously… … but i do know that he does whatever he can to get people saved…

so - have you read this book?

No, I haven’t, but it sounds like a good one.

i myselrf was in some bizarre and scary circumstances myself many yrs ago that virtually forced me to turn to God (100% rather than 50% or whatever)… but i was never an atheist… even when i was “lost”… separated from the Church…

anyway… i have no idea if she ever actually repented… even despite her awful circumstances… the author of the book … well, you can’t tell what religious point of view he may be coming from… although he doesn’t seem anti-Christian… (unless i missed some subtle sarcasm on his part???) :confused:

or… and/or… he’s one of those who just likes to please everyone…

:shrug:

:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.