A car named Twinkle

I once knew a lady who'd affectionately named her Toyota Starlet as "Twinkle".What's your car/van nick-named as & why?

[quote="atg2, post:1, topic:213357"]
I once knew a lady who'd affectionately named her Toyota Starlet as "Twinkle".What's your car/van nick-named as & why?

[/quote]

My first family car that I remember growing up was a blue Chevy Celebrity. As a 4 year old, I named it "Bluington" after Blackington the Cat in one of my favorite books. After that car, we got a Crown Victoria that we oh so creatively named "Vicky", followed by a blue Toyota Camry, that we named "Cammy-Usu" after the the model and the last three digits of the license plate. :)

[quote="atg2, post:1, topic:213357"]

[/quote]

Most of the time I just call it "Broken."

My first car was a 1975 Chevrolet Caprice Classic--white hard-top and metallic BURNT ORANGE body (did I mention this was a '70s model?)

I got it when I was 16... in 1983. Go ahead, laugh... everyone else did. I'll wait....

:whistle:

Okay, done? We called it "The Brown Bomber", "The Orange Crusher", "The Boat", "The Battleship", "Sundown"... I can't remember all the names!

Now I drive a dark-green 2005 Saturn Relay (they call it an "FUV"--"Family Utility Vehicle". It's a mini-van :shrug:) We don't have a name for it.

However, I just LOVE the name bestowed on a car owned by the nuns in Aimee and David Thurlo's "Sister Agatha" murder mystery series: "The Anti-Chrysler"!

My husband bought a 26 year old Mercedes once, and it spent so much time in the shop, we called it the Rat-hole, as in money down a rat hole.

My last car, an Olds 88 which I loved, was called the Portable Nest. I had already named my side of our Sleep Number bed my Nest, because it was so comfortable. When I got the car, it was nearly as comfy as the bed, so it was the Portable Nest.

We just got a new Kia Optima. It looks like every other dressy dark gray sedan on the road - the Camrys and the Altimas and the Accords - jeezy-peezy, even the new Taurus looks like this. There's not a name for something so boring.

Betsy

I call mine Mithril. Guess what color it is. :whistle:

My car currently runs, but the rocker arms are inexplicably hitting the lifter guide plate on each stroke (clack-clack-clack-clack....). As a result, I cannot post here the names I call the car!

Frankie! No particular reason, it just has a nice ring to it - "Frankie the Falcon". Anyways, it's nice to know other people name their cars! My friends think I'm insane... although maybe that's becasue I talk to it! :shrug:

years ago, we drove a blue pontiac station wagon with the fake wood doors. we drove that baby till it was rusted through-- even through on the floor boards.

my husband called ot the hanukah mobile because like the oil lamps of hanukah, it just kept going.. and going... and going.

This is a great idea for a thread!!! As for me, I have a 2004 Chevy TrailBlazer (that is being great as I relocate to Arizona), but I have named him Hank.

Originally, my car was named Ricky, since my ex-girlfriend's car was named Lucy, but after I broke up with her, I changed it to Hank since my car looks as big as a tank. It was also partially because I wanted to get rid of any traces of my ex-girlfriend because of how bad the end of the relationship was, but that's another story for another day.

To the poster who talks to their car, don't feel bad, I do it too! :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.