A certain lady on Facebook

A certain lady that I’ve communicated with on Facebook has said, “Any faith that proclaims Jesus Christ as Lord and that God raised him from the dead, is the one true faith.” She said this after I insisted that “Catholicism IS the one true faith.” Should I say anything more to this lady?

No and if you don’t understand that Facebook is not the place for political/religious debates you should stay off it all together.

Correct her. Remind her that Catholicism is the One True Faith, no if’s, and’s, or but’s. Protestantism is no more the One True Faith than islam or paganism. :man_shrugging:

Just remind that Jesus founded a Church, not a bible. He wrote nothing and commanded the writing of nothing. He said “He who hears you hears Me.” He established the Church as the final arbiter in all disputes. Oh, and He prayed for unity. Maybe link to the Didache, an authoritative letter written in the Apostolic age. Some held it to be scripture. It is perhaps the oldest catechism. All of the fundamentals are in it. Strangely enough, there is not a single peep about scripture, the “bible” or anything written.

No 16th century Euro-invention bible-based nonsense in there anywhere. Peter wrote of those who twist the scriptures and, irony of ironies, those who twist it the worst deny that they are twisting it.

Wait for her to reply if she does.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.