A Chain of Praying People Needed

I’m new to this forum but I can’t help but see the many prayer requests on here for so many people, needs and so on. I was just wondering if any of you out there would be interested in forming a chain prayer group of sorts–where we would all agree to say a decade of the rosary or a decade of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy–or whatever the majority wanted to do— and to agree that each of us would do this on a daily basis for the combined intentions of all our brothers and sisters here on Catholic Answers forum who need and ask for our prayer requests? Think of all the prayers we could offer as a group for our brothers and sisters in need! Perhaps we could do some real good! Any interest?:gopray:

I think this is a great idea, I will try to check this thread for any updates.

I’ll be watching this thread too in order to see if it generates much/any more response. Keep thinking what the prayer is that we should be offering too (I don’t want to just push my personal idea of what we pray onto others–I’d rather that we agreed as a group). Perhaps we should choose something that’s not too difficult or lengthy or maybe most folks will be hesitant to join us because they already have a “prayer schedule” for their days and might be leery of promising something more. I think–and this is only my opinion–that it will be beautiful simply to have a large number of people from so many diverse places and lifestyles agree to pray ANY prayer daily for the prayer intentions of the group. I don’t think we have to make it too time consuming or people may initially agree to participate but then just drop out because they don’t have enough hours in the day. What do you think?:gopray:

I agree. I think the Divine Mercy chaplet is okay and not at all daunting or time consuming as it only takes a few minutes. Even an Our Father, or three Glorias, a Hail Mary, the Memorare, or any simple prayer is okay. I would like to hear others’ opinions as well. :slight_smile:

:thumbsup:I will say a decade of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for their intentions.Peace Carlan

Eternal Father, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself

I agree Starrsmother… There are so many prayer requests and many get left behind after several more threads pop up. A collective chain prayer can remind people that they’re still being prayed for even if their prayer intention thread hasn’t received anymore posts. Today I will pray a divine mercy chaplet and remember the folks on CAF during a decade.

Hi everyone am new to this site. I would like whoever sees this to pray for me and my unborn child I am 12 weeks pregnant and found out friday through an ultrasound that my baby has cystic hygroma. Please pray for us and may he be healthy and able to live! Thank you :slight_smile:

Am in. Maybe we can say a particular prayer daily for a week, and another one for the following week etc.

Just post the new prayer for the week here. Am just suggesting

meanwhile i’ll say 1our Father, 1 hail Mary, 1 Glory be,for the prayer requests of CAf members.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Unless someone comes up with a idea we all agree on, I’ll say a decade of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for the prayer intentions of all on here. Please remember to include me in the intentions of the “all” on here who ask for and need prayer. I hope more folks will see this thread and come on board so that we will have a truly great number of prayers to lay before God for all of our Catholic Answers Forum family! :thumbsup:

Sounds like a good idea to me, Starrsmother! :slight_smile: I already pray it daily, and it wouldn’t be too time consuming to pray a second one.

I think though, since there’s 4 decades left over, in addition to everyone, I’ll try to choose 4 people/intentions each day for the remaining decades. I think that sounds reasonable. :slight_smile:

So should we just post back here when we’ve prayed for the day? :slight_smile:

What I try to do every Sunday is I browse to around page 15-20 of the prayer intention forum, and post prayers in about 10-30 of the older intentions that only got a few posts. :slight_smile:

We could post back on here–what does everyone want to do? I don’t want it to be something that is just my idea–so I’ll go along with the majority!:thumbsup:

may not be able to come online daily, but i’ll definitely say the prayers.

Nice one people.

:gopray:

Praying. . .

:signofcross:

I’d say go with posting everyday that you prayed. That way people can see that we are actively praying for them.

Okay–C.o.D.M. said! God bless!

Praying…

can we just pray for every ones req’s or prayer needs posted on here ? also we can pray for those going to hell bc of no prayers said for them.

Another wonderful idea–to include prayers for all those who have nobody to pray for them! My thought would be YES! Why not? When I started this thread, it was because I see so many individual prayer requests on here–and they are all deserving—but I just don’t have enough hours in the day to go through them all individually. Some folks do–and that’s awesome and personal—but I was hoping that maybe we could have a group who’d agree to pray something daily for the prayer intentions of all–and all those who have nobody to pray for them is certainly an intention of mine! What say you all?:thumbsup:

:gopray:

Praying. . .

:signofcross:

The first decade I do is for everyone’s request as Starrsmother suggested. After this I normally choose 4 intentions that I can think of off the top of my head for the remaining decades. Tommrow, I will (if I remember) pray for those people too, Sadgirl1974. BTW I hope everything is well with you. :slight_smile:

Sounds good to me, I already do prayers for people who have no one to pray for them though, but I could include that as my the second decade from this point forward. :slight_smile: I think that’s what you wrote? Sorry I’m a bit rushed for time at the moment so I skimmed part of that. :o

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.