A chaplet of thanksgiving (to the Eternal King)

Friends :), I know you probably hear all sorts of silly ideas, but this is very dear to me. Please express your opinions!

You know, we have the Divine Mercy Chaplet (sorrowful), the Sacred Heart Chaplet (joyfully submissive), and many others… but not many dedicated purely to thanksgiving. Most of the rosary prayers seem to be either meditations on past events, or petitions for the future. I would be very happy to introduce others to a chaplet of pure praise and thanksgiving, to be said when a great event occurs in one’s life. The prayers would not focus on sin, but on true joy.

Here is an example of what I mean, and what it might look like:

1. Crucifix: Sign of the Cross.

2. The first single bead: Nicene Creed.

3. The three beads: I. The Lord’s Prayer, II. Major Doxology, III. Minor Doxology.

4. The second single bead: Te Deum

5. The medal/first large bead: “My majestic King, my glorious Master, my Lord, and my God: You have blessed my soul with endless joy. You have kept my blood flowing through the night, and my spirit alive through the day. You have guided me with your immortal wisdom from the very first moment and, I do trust, will guide me even to the very last. Thank you, dear God, for the gift of life. May I pray for my brothers and sisters worthily. Amen.”

6. The small beads: “I thank you, Eternal Father, for the gift of N. - I beg that you bless N. with all the blessings of your holy majesty. May your peace, which passes all understanding, keep his/her heart and mind, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.” (Philippians 4:7)

7. The large beads: “May all souls rejoice in your glory forever. Amen.”

8. Final Prayer, for whenever you’re done: “Heavenly Father, all my prayers are made solemnly, lovingly, and absolutely through Jesus Christ, our Lord, who is the Eternal King of Majesty, and Glory. Amen.” +

You can do this as long as you want, for as many decades as you like. :slight_smile:

Ideally, you’d announce the event you are thanking God for. Imagine it’s baptism of a child. For the first small bead, you’d thank God for your child. For the second small bead: your wife. For the third small bead: your presiding priest/deacon, etc., until all those connected with the baptism are covered with love.

My point is to use very long prayers (the Nicene Creed, the Major Dox./Gloria, the Te Deum) in the beginning to really immerse your head into a spirit of joy and glorification. You’re meant to use the opening praises to open your imagination slowly. The Creed comes first: not as a prayer, but as a declaration that you really believe in the God you are about to pray to. The Lord’s Prayer begins the true praying because Jesus Himself said “When you pray, say…”! The Gloria ends with “Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit, in the Glory of the Father. Amen”, which naturally follows into the “Glory be to the Father…”, which itself follows into the ultimate hymn of praise and thanksgiving for the gifts of life: “Te Deum”.

:thumbsup: Deo gratias!

that would be a great prayer to give thanks to god for favours received through prayer too!!!:thumbsup:

There is always a chance for thanksgiving. :slight_smile:

This is very beautiful! I think that we as Catholics have an unrivalled wealth of variety in prayer and I am glad to see new ideas being shared!

As long as they are not heretical or something! :thumbsup:

This chaplet is absolutely beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing it.

I’ve been angry with my sister lately, and this morning when I saw this prayer, I said it in thanksgiving of her. I now feel a deep sense of peace.

I pray that God will bless you for how you’ve helped me today. :slight_smile:

katw, :slight_smile:

My friend, if this helped you reconcile anger that rested uneasily in your heart, then it has survived its purpose! Even if no one else ever prays it again, I will be happy. Thank you for giving your sister forgiveness from your heart. Nothing is more important than that. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.