A child of God born to Godless parents

I had the chance to meet a little girl who was only 2 years old. Her mother claimed to be a pagan and her father an atheist.

Her mother was going on and on about how a family member was worried about her Childs soul. So to appease the family member she let her child get baptized.

I was amazed when I saw the little girl sit down in the middle of the room and say to everyone “I am a child of God”. This made her very happy.

The thing I found most interesting is when the mother told us that her daughter wanted to get baptized.

Sadly it takes some of us an entire lifetime before we are willing to say that we are children of God.

The children of God have already been created by God. You are either a child of God or you are not.

The children of God have already been created by God. You are either a child of God or you are not.

Excuse me? Since when are we to make such a sweeping statement based on YOUR reflections on one child’s declaration of faith? Are you telling us that there is no hope for her parents? They have no chance of repentence and of being saved because they are the parents of a child whose faith they do not share? Please cite the Chuch teaching that says that! :eek:

[quote=Della]Excuse me? Since when are we to make such a sweeping statement based on YOUR reflections on one child’s declaration of faith? Are you telling us that there is no hope for her parents? They have no chance of repentence and of being saved because they are the parents of a child whose faith they do not share? Please cite the Chuch teaching that says that! :eek:
[/quote]

I think it is tragic that there are so many posts on this form from people who read things that have never been said.

anyway…

Please explain why you are reading something I never posted. Why are you reading in to what I said?

I was just trying to make a point that Gods childern can be born from parents who have no faith.

When did I say that they could not be saved? I even said that it can take an entire lifetime before someone realizes that they are a child of God. Perhaps this is true of these parents and it will take this child to open their eyse to the truth.

Lets look at what christ says

Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.” He answered, "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. "As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear. ( Matthew 13:36-43)

God already HAS created those people who he knows in advance will freely choose (free will and all) to love him and go to heaven. He even gave us a free will by making us subject to time. So you are either going to choose God or you are not.

The question is so simple. And I think this child made it perfectly clear by saying, "I am a child of God’

We are all Children of God, only some of us do not recognise it or accept it. Children are so much more open to the truth and wisdom of God, the simplistic wisdom that shockes parents into the reality of life.

This child will be the one to bring her parents into their acceptance of their birth right. The fact that a pagan and an athiest actually got their child bapyized is a miracle in today’s word. It shows their crack in the window of their soul to accept God someday. I feel God is working through this child to reach her parents.

I think it is wonderful! Children are taught to act according to the ways of society, to be PC, but before that happens they are little angels who give us messages from God.

Like my child’s response to a homily about following the will of God, “But mommy don’t they realise it’s God’s will?” or “Can’t we just tell everyone to be good so they all go to Heaven?” Their is something so pure, so wise and yet we deem it so innocent.

I ask my son when he was two if he remembered what God looks like, he said “Yes, but it is getting fuzzy!”

God works in mysterious ways and this child will do great things for her family!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.