A collection of free missalettes today

While walking past a small mansion in our local downtown today, I noticed several books sitting on its hand-cut granite steps that were free for the taking, including 4 missalettes.

The oldest is in Latin. The next one is in both Latin and English. The third one is in English only (although it’s still for the EF Mass.) The fourth one is physically very small – “The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass with Indulgenced Prayers and Novenas,” compiled by Sister Mary Isadore Lennon. I think it might be my favorite of the 4.

Each missalette has several funeral cards taped into it – including one from my g-g-grandfather! What a great find. I am very thankful.

Wow, do you know whose that was and how they knew your ancestor? I’d have been tempted to knock on the mansion door and try to find out about the former owner of that one.

What a blessing and very kind of the people there to give them away.

Yes, I know of both the individual and his family. They have been around for generations. His name is imprinted in gold on the cover of one of the missalettes. He knew my g-g-grandfather personally, even though my g-g-grandfather was considerably older.

Soooo much better than trashing them.

Excellent find. I’m glad you found them. It’s times like those we can truly see The Spirit at work.

Blessings,
Stephie

That is amazing!

Talk about experiencing the Communion of Saints!

@Duesenberg

What a blessing, can you post some indulgences Prayers from it ?all of us will benefit from it ,only if you have the time ,God Bless

The fourth one is physically very small – “The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass with Indulgenced Prayers and Novenas,” compiled by Sister Mary Isadore Lennon. I think it might be my favorite of the 4.

Folks bring boxes of these sorts of old books, Bibles, missals, prayer books, etc to the parish office. I do love the old prayer cards.

Each of the following “Indulgenced Ejaculations” may be prayed once a day for an indulgence of 300 days. Those followed by asterisks will also realize one plenary indulgence/month if devoutly prayed each day of that month.

• “May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be loved in every place.”

• “Sweet Heart of my Jesus, grant that I may ever love Thee more.” *

• “Heart of Jesus, I put my trust in Thee!” *

• “Sacred Heart of Jesus, I believe in Thy love for me.”

• “All for Thee, Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.”

• “Sacred Heart of Jesus, mayest Thou be known, loved and imitated!”

• “Sacred Heart of Jesus, protect our families.” *

• “Sweet Heart of Jesus, be my love.”

@Duesenberg

Thanks a lot! and God Bless , i copied it to word pad immediately.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.