A country's crackdown on giving children to gay couples. Report: "Russia investigates ‘negligent’ social workers for placing kids in same-sex home."

see https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/russia-investigates-negligent-social-workers-for-placing-kids-in-same-sex-home

“Investigators say the 2010 adoption in question violates a 2013 law banning homosexual propaganda, as the children will be brought up with ‘distorted ideas about family values, harming their health and moral and spiritual growth.’”

3 Likes

There’s a more extensive article on the Deutsche Welle website: https://m.dw.com/en/russia-launches-criminal-case-over-gay-adoption/a-49638863

It seems extraordinary that an iniquitous piece of legislation intended to restrict freedom of expression and assembly could be applied to an adoption process, but this is Russia and they don’t seem to have much in the way of actual legal process independent of the interests of the government. It’s hardly surprising that there are rumours that they intend to withdraw from the jurisdiction of the European Court of Human Rights. It will be a dark day for Russia if that happens.

1 Like

Good for them. So-called same sex parenting is a mockery of God’s plan for the human family.

23 Likes

In some churches there are now openly gay female ministers who I believe would have a problem with us claiming to be ecumenical with them, yet support this.

Today’s church has the open hearts ministry in Hartford, CT’s Saint Patrick Saint Anthony Church to mend our issues with the LBGT community. I like to think we make progress by showing them jesus’ love for them first.

My new neighbor is a trans gender woman to man and I’ve expressed my love for Catholicism and when I got home and said I was at church, they said “cool.”

It really isn’t that hard… haven’t we just seen a public apology to gays from Christians? The best way to keep that cool is by letting these people be people. I’d prefer two daddy’s to that system any day. It’s like holding their wings while they try to reach paradise in a small town suburb with college paid for. Until the public system matches what happens demographically to orphans with this, I cannot see how a public system that gives no future condemns this practice.

Life is just so much more than bashing gays in this system and most of us are moving forward hopefully everyone else will join us.

5 Likes

The number of children in Russian orphanages is shocking and the problem is apparently getting worse, not better:

The conditions in these orphanages, and the outcomes for the children raised in them, are appalling:

‘Child Abuse in Russia Is Routine’, The Moscow Times (Dec. 25, 2012)

More here:

You don’t think that these children are better off with two parents of the same sex who offer them a loving home? Would they be better off being abused in an orphanage before graduating to a lifetime in prison, psychiatric hospitals, or the streets, or otherwise simply an early death?

Scholars from Cornell University analyzed 79 peer-reviewed studies conducted over 30 years on children raised by same-sex parents and found that the overwhelming majority of studies (75 out of 79) show that same-sex parenting has no negative impact on children. In the four studies that identified a negative outcome, most of the children were already disadvantaged by the break-up of a heterosexual family:

This even larger study found much the same:

Yet another study suggests that children raised by same-sex parents may actually have better outcomes than those raised by opposite-sex parents:

5 Likes

I’ve heard all those arguments before. This is yet another pro-homosexual agenda thread. I said what I meant. And I won’t explain it further. Muting now.

9 Likes

You’re saying that it’s a mockery of God’s plan for the human family for people to provide a home and a family for children who otherwise would have neither and for those children to have probable life outcomes that are at least as good as if they had had opposite-sex parents? To me that sounds like people doing something good, often taking on children who have had the worst possible start in life and who have a lot of difficulties and are therefore especially difficult to place with families. But you won’t be explaining it further, which I find an interesting attitude from somebody who is a teacher!

6 Likes

1 Like

No teacher can succeed in teaching, if there are no learners around him. Even Jesus, the supreme Teacher, Master and Lord, moved on after making His point.

God had, and has, an intention - a good and beautiful intention - of bringing a created Church of human persons into eternal communion with Him, in Truth. But - not all want Truth!

Joh 1:9 The true light that enlightens every man was coming into the world.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world knew him not.
Joh 1:11 He came to his own home, and his own people received him not.
Joh 1:12 But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God;
Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

When we seek not our own will, but His - because He is Truth - we welcome His rule and His Kingship over us.

3 Likes

Is Russia the only God-fearing country left on this world? God Bless Putin!

6 Likes

So you think that there is something admirable about Vladimir Putin?

“Vladimir Putin is a thug and a murderer and a killer and a KGB agent,” McCain said on CBS’s “Face of the Nation” on Dec. 11 [2016]…

Putin, who has ruled Russia since 2000, has created a regime under which his opponents are murdered; political prisoners are sent to Siberia for decades behind bars; minority rights are suppressed; opposition is quashed; foreign territory is forcefully annexed; and Syria’s bloodthirsty president, Bashar Assad, enjoys direct military support for his massacres.

3 Likes

Um, why should I accept the reporting of WESTERN media about a foriegn power?

You ignored the study that showed that children raised by same-sex parents exhibit same-sex attraction at a rate thirty times that of the general population…maybe the Russians are protecting their orphans…

7 Likes

They might have other problems.

1 Like

What study is this?

The only reference I could quickly find was that they’re thirty times more likely to molest a child, and that reference was from a neo-Nazi site.

If the rate at which the general population exhibits same-sex attraction is at least 5%, wouldn’t thirty times that rate be more than 100%?

4 Likes

If they are modeling their homosexual lifestyle then they are modeling sin. And if they’re modeling their homosexual lifestyle to children, that is doubly evil.

Moral theology 101.

3 Likes

In years to come there will be stories told by children of homosexual couples expressing their losses in life as a consequence of their upbringing. That’s inevitable.

I don’t support homosexual parenting, it’s wrong. No matter how much gay men and women attempt to normalise their relationships, taking it to parenthood is selfishly disadvantaging a third party… a child.

12 Likes

The rate in Europe has been established as stable at 1.2+/- 0.1% for SSA, and slightly more for bisexual…the rate of SSA in those raised by same-sex parents exceeds 30%. [Seems to imply that SSA can be learned behavior…]

1 Like

Where are you getting that from? I wonder whether you are referring to Paul Cameron, ‘Children of Homosexuals and Transsexuals More Apt to be Homosexual’ (2006). Cameron has very little credibility. Actually, it’s probably generous to say that he has very little credibility. The Southern Poverty Law Center has classified his Family Research Institute as a hate group. He peddles various crackpot theories about homosexuality (e.g. that it is related to paedophilia and that homosexuals die younger than heterosexuals and even that gay sex is so much more enjoyable than straight sex that if gay sex were not socially taboo it would soon become the norm!)

I know that there have been some studies done on this and that some found that there was evidence of intergenerational transfer of sexual orientation and some found that there was not. I think the main area in which there was any kind of statistical significance was girls with lesbian or bisexual mothers reporting lesbian or bisexual orientation. I don’t think there is much evidence of boys with gay or bisexual fathers reporting gay or bisexual orientation. Also, I would always caution against relying on one study unless you are a paediatrician, psychiatrist, psychologist, statistician, etc., as it is possible to prove almost anything based on just one study. Instead I prefer to rely on experts who have been able to survey the entire body of peer-reviewed literature to come to some kind of balanced and informed conclusion. For example, the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, who are presumably experts in child and adolescent psychiatry, have produced this handy fact sheet:

The highlight would seem to be this:

Research has shown that in contrast to common beliefs, children of lesbian, gay, or transgender parents:

• Are not more likely to be gay than children with heterosexual parents.

Also, you seem to think that “exhibit[ing] same-sex attraction” is the worst thing that can happen to a child. If have gay parents makes children more likely to be gay (which I suspect it doesn’t anyway), being gay is a much better life outcome than being an alcoholic, a drug addict, chronically mentally ill, incarcerated, dead, etc.

I am prepared to accept that some people don’t approve of homosexual couples adopting children. I think that’s something about which we can have a reasonable discussion. But you think that they “have no business around children” full stop (or “period” if you’re American)? Why? What an extraordinary statement. What about children who have gay, lesbian, and bisexual uncles, aunts, siblings, cousins, family friends, priests, teachers?

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.