A couple of questions about the Visit to Seven Churches Holy Thursday Devotion

My family and I are planning to visit Our Lord in seven churches on Holy Thursday night. I am hoping there are people here who are familiar with the devotion and who can give me some answers…

1. Is there material (including special prayers) for the devotion. If so, can you please send me in the right direction.

2. What is the history of this devotion?

3. In my town, we have three Latin Rite parishes and a Syro-Malabar Catholic parish. Some questions about the Syro-Malabar Catholics:
    [LIST=1]
    *]Do they observe the same calendar we do? I know that some Eastern Rite churches observe the Julian Calendar (thus Holy Week and Easter are a couple of weeks off from the Western Church). Will they be observing Holy Thursday on the same night that we are?
    *]Do they repose the Blessed Sacrament like the Latin Rite does?
    *]Are there any special protocols that we should observe when visiting a Church of a different rite?
    [/LIST]

I can’t answer all of your questions but this may help:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Churches_Visitation

Wow, that is a great way of spending Thursday to visit an Eastern Rite as well as Latin Rite. I would love if EWTN would have Liturgy by the Eastern Catholics on also. In my Church we have @ 7.30 p.m Mass of the Last Supper then @ 10 pm Holy Hour at the Altar of Repose. Which is also great.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.