A Cure for Morning Sickness

For all you mothers who are bringing new little lives into the world…(me included!)…I wanted to pass on some information that changed my pregnancies from torment into happy and joyful times.

I mentioned this in another thread but thought the topic deserved its own thread.

My first pregnancy, I was sick for 5 months. I worked during these 5 months and it was hard for me to cope with the sickness when I had a classroom of children to teach.

My second pregnancy, I was sick in the beginning for several weeks, until I read a book called “Your Body’s Many Cries for Water,” by a Dr. Batmanghelidj. He is a Christian man from Iran.

In this book he explains how most of society is plagued by chronic dehydration and how this dehydration causes many illnesses. He has personally cured many people and children from crippling or life-threatening illnesses by prescribing to them to drink only water and more of it.

He explained why a woman is sick in the first months of pregnancy. A growing fetus in the beginning is growing at such a phenomenal rate, the cells are dividing so quickly, that their demand for water takes all the mother’s reserves of water. (Cells are mostly made of water.) The mother feels this foremost in the areas of her body that also demand lots of water, i.e. the stomach lining, which is a very fast-growing part of the body. When no water is available to grow new cells for the stomach, the acid in your stomach eats away at the present lining you have, causing nausea and that sometimes acid-y vomit.

When I read this book, I was pregnant with my second child. I immediately began drinking 60oz of water daily. The morning sickness I had immediately went away.

You must make sure that your salt intake is adequate to hold on to the water you are drinking. You do not need a huge amount of salt. Just be sure to eat salty food or sprinkle a normal amount of salt on your meals.

With my third pregnancy, I was not sick at all because I was very conscious of my water intake. This is my 4th pregnancy, and I haven’t been sick once. There are a few days where I feel sort of “churny” in the stomach, but I make sure to drink more water and it usually goes away.

My sympathy goes out to the mothers who cannot keep anything down, not even water. I hope you can take the least sick part of your day and try to eat a little salt and drink some water to condition your body to accept water again.

God bless all of you and your pregnancies.

Heather

I forgot to add a couple things.

No caffeinated beverages or cranberry juice should be consumed as these dehydrate you. If you do consume them, you should consume an equal amount of water to balance it out.

Also, the book I mentioned above is available very cheap on ebay.

I was given this same advice by a homeopathic practitioner in the 70s and found it to be very true, also, I was advised at that time to drink only distilled water, and to make sure that I was not eating a lot of processed salty foods, but to salt my food while cooking or at the table with sea salt (naturally iodized) not ordinary grocery store salt. Also advised to get enough posassium in OJ, potatoes, bananas etc. Also it is very easy to get dehydrated when you are vomitting all morning every morning and symptoms such as headache, dizziness etc. should be reported, and may even require ER treatment for rehydration. At that time mainstream docs were pushing pills for nausea which later turned out to have horrid side effects.

The book by Dr. Batmanghelidj said ordinary tap water will do for anyone following his advice. He did support using sea salt, but regular iodized salt has helped me. Of course, processed preservative-laden foods are not good anyway, especially for an unborn baby.

****the only cure I’ve found is birth

[quote=mass4life]I forgot to add a couple things.

No caffeinated beverages or cranberry juice should be consumed as these dehydrate you. If you do consume them, you should consume an equal amount of water to balance it out.

Also, the book I mentioned above is available very cheap on ebay.

[/quote]

I didn’t know cranberry juice dehydrates you. I drink a lot of it. Usually 1 part cranberry juice to two parts water for the flavor. Guess I should be drinking more.

During my first pregnancy, I was nauseated 24/7 the entire first three months. I don’t like water so I didn’t drink any. The second pregnancy, with twins even, I started out the same way but started drinking water. The difference was absolutely amazing. It may not work for everyone, but it’s definitely worth trying!! What a difference!

[quote=Rob’s Wife]the only cure I’ve found is birth
[/quote]

:rotfl:

I found that complaining worked really well for me. It didn’t stop the morning sickness but it sure did make me feel better. No Mrs. Mary Sunshine here…
I loved having the babies, but those 9 1/2 months sure were tough.

[quote=Rob’s Wife]****the only cure I’ve found is birth
[/quote]

LOL! too true.

So what do you do when WATER makes you sick? During my last pregnancy (#5) I was soooo sick I only gained 10 lbs. Every time I drank something I wanted to vomit and often did. Do you know the only things I could keep down was bacon, eggs and hashbrowns! It was the oddest pregnancy by far! LOL

Jennifer

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.