A daughter with some phobia threatening the love of family

Please pray for my daughter who has a strange phobia about smells and germs. This is getting so bad that she is not allowing certain family members present in her home or won’t visit her family due to smells and fear of germs. It never use to be like this and has been increasing in intensity. Much hurt and misunderstanding is starting to exist. Please pray for her!

Thank you,
mlz

:crossrc:

Praying that she seeks help. This sounds like obsessive compulsive disorder and maybe some therapy is in order.

My beautiful daughter developed OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. She feared, germs, hair, social situations, compulsively locked doors… I was told the gangela of her brain did not function fully, it’s under developed. The gangela is like a mail sorter. It looks at all thoughts passing through the brain and decides which are routine, which need to be acted on, and which are an immediate serious threat! Her brain may be telling her if she goes to someones’s house SHE WILL DIE! sooooo if she goes she may experience INTENSE ANXIETY which literally makes her feel as if she is about to die! The more she caves in to these fears, the stronger they become. Her condition will likely worsen with out help. Counseling, and Biofeed back worked for my daughter. They gave her the tools she needs to talk back to these obsessive thoughts, and win! (prayer to calm herself, and logic to refute ocd thoughts) She is now 20 years old, and was just promoted to office manager! We are sooo proud of her!

Most people with OCD also have above average intelligence, and other talents! :yup:

M I sent you two emails, the second regarding this great worry.
Praying for you and your family dearest M

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Lord, may mlz’s daughter get some immediate help for her phobias, and help her doctor to properly treat her. May she center her life on you and trust in you to get her through this trial. May she find comfort in praying to you and in receiving you in the sacraments. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Loving merciful God, Please help our dear friends daughter with this phobia. Please grant that she seeks the help she needs to overcome this debilitating fear. May the Lord have mercy on this family…

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion — inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Loving merciful God, Please help our dear friends daughter with this phobia. Please grant that she seeks the help she needs to overcome this debilitating fear. May the Lord have mercy on this family…

Blessed Mother, Our Mother, I ask that you please intercede for this daughter, and bring her before the throne of the Lord Our God…
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Our Most Blessed and Holy Father, please help mlz’s daughter, please may her sensibility and anxiety be diluited in YOur Love, may her feel not the fear and the confusion of her feelings won’t bring her to strange and distructive reactions. May her feel that she is not avoiding dangerous things but trying not to expose herself to the lack of their personal needs and inner love that it is deep since it is for you and materials thing can never give her peace.
May Your Divine Grace be upon her, even just for a second to open her eyes to the truth. May her fears be calmed, may her love be feeled with Your LOve, may she be guided to you with her heart and brain, please our Lord don’t abbandon this girl to her emotions, to her own strengths, please protect her from any evil spirits that may be in her even without knowing.
In Jesus Christ name
amen

Blessed Mother, Our Mother, I ask that you please intercede for this daughter, and bring her before the throne of the Lord Our God…
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Lord God,please help mlz’s daughter,please heal her from her phobias and fears,help this family with its misunderstandings and hurt.

Continuing prayers.
Lord we ask Your powerful intervention in this family crisis, and regarding M’s daughter’s welfare and peace.

Praying hard. I have a relative with OCD. He copes really well with it with his doctor’s help.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.