A devotion I practise most days. The Thrice Holy Hour. See if you like it. It's a great devotion

My dear friends

This is a devotion I practise most days. If it interests any you can do it monthly, fortnightly, weekly or most days depending on your state in life. You can cut down the time involved if you want and divide the time into thirds that I talk about too. It’s probably wise not to try and do the full devotion every day to start with. It can be demanding.

The Thrice Holy Hour
3 hours of Eucharistic Adoration.
Offer one hour to honour and thank God the Father, one for God the Son and one for God the Holy Spirit.

Also simultaneously one hour to honour and thank our Blessed Mother under each of the diffetrnt titles - one hour for Daughter of God the Father, one hour for Mother of God the Son and one hour for Spouse of God the Holy Spirit.

You can offer your prayer for any intentions you like also.

The main crux of the devotion is to be there for and console our Blessed Lord as He hangs on the Cross dying for 3 hours. The greatest suffering He went through was our rejection of Him. This suffering was infinite. If we have the intention of just being there with Him it will give Him the greatest consolation. It will be as if we were really there at the foot of the Cross with our Blessed Mother, St John, the holy women and disciples. You can meditate on this scene and the 7 last words, especially My God, My God why have you forsaken me. You can say any prayers you like such as the rosary, way of the cross, divine mercy, listen to hymns and gregorian and offer this as your prayer. The main thing is to just place yourself at the foot of the Cross and be there for Him. This will give Jesus great consolation. 3 hours is a long time so you can take a few breaks and have a coffee or anything. 5 or 10 mins each hour or whatever you like.
Our Lord and the Most Blessed Trinity are in the Blessed Sacrament in the tabernacle and there is no time with God. All is present. So place yourself at this time and console our Blessed Lord in His agony. He will bless you in return.

Hope you like my devotion.

God bless you all:thumbsup::slight_smile:
John

My dear friends

Here is a more detailed explaination of my devotion if it interests any.

If your very Marian like me you should know that offering support, consolation and encouragement to Her Son will greatly alleviate Her suffering. There is no reason why we can’t stand or kneel with Her in Her spiritual martyrdom and console , comfort and assist Her too whilst we are there, for part or all the time in this devotion.

I have my routine basically as follows. I have my own key to the church and go late at night for a long visit. You set your own rules though.
Be aware God is in the tabernacle. Genuflect and cross yourself as you should. I kneel and bow before the tabernacle praying the prayer St Michael taught the children at Fatima. I have this version- Mot Holy Trinity I adore, Most Hioly Trinity I adore you. Most Hioly Trinity I adore you. My God, My God I love you in the most Blessed Sacrament of the Altar.
I beat my chest praying as in the paranle- Lord, be merciful to me a sinner.
I offer my prayer to honour and thank God the Father 1/3, 1/3 for God the Son and same for the Holy Spirit. I offer simultaneously 1/3 for our Blessed Mother under each of Her titles - Daughter of God the Father, Mother of God the Son and Spouse of God the Holy Spirit.
I usually make a 3 hr visit and place myself at the foot of the cross as our Lord dies in agony for 3 hrs. All is present with God so I just try to be there for Him and offer support and consolation as best I can. You can make a shorter visit no probs.
I then greet the guardian Angel of the parish and all the Holy Angels around the tabernacle and ask them to pray for all my intentions, especially the priests and parishioners. I make a spiritual communion.
I light a candle by our Blessed Mothers altar and place my prayers in Her hands to dispense amongst my intentions or how She sees fit.

I go to my seat and kneel and pray- my Lord and my God, I firmly believe that you are here and you see me. I adore you with profound reverence, I ask your pardon for my sins and the grace to make these moments of prayer fruitful. My Immaculate, Mother, St Joseph my father and lord, my Guardian Angel intercede for me.
I redo the Fatima prayer and spiritual communion.

I pray for about 1 hr. I pray the rosary, or way of the cross, or divine mercy chaplet, or listen to hymns and offer that, same with gregorian, or occasionally I pray in silence. The important thing is to really love God as much as you can.

At the end of the session I kneel and pray- My God, I thank you for the good resolutions, inspirations and affections you have communicated to me during this time of prayer and I ask your help in putting them into effect. My Immaculate, Mother, St Joseph my father and lord, my Guardian Angel intercede for me.
I redo the Fatima prayer and spiritual communion.
I have a break and coffee etc each hour. I keep praying on my break outside though.

When I come back I go to my seat and start and finish my prayer as the first time. But I only kneel and bow before the tabernacle and repeat the prayers as when I first entered before I leave after the last session.

I keep a lit candle on our Blessed Mothers Altar if it runs out.

I do 3 lots of 1 hr sessions like this. But you can do 3 lots of 10 mins if you want or whatever and divide it into 1/3 's.

Before I go out the door at the end I spend a few moments saying goodbye to God etc. I greet and talk or petition the Guardian Angel of the parish and all the Holy Angels around the tabernacle once more too.I think it’s important to give God a big smile often and express love and affection to Him often in your visit too.

My our God, hidden in the taberancle or in the monstrance be praised forever and bless us all:thumbsup::slight_smile:
John

thank you!! :slight_smile:

I’m really planning and hoping to go to Adoration tomorrow. It only happens once a month at my parish, and last month it was cancelled. I miss it…

these are great ideas for Adoration or praying before the Tabernacle!!

I think it’s a beautiful concept to do this together with our Blessed Mother as she stood before the Cross…

The main crux of the devotion is to be there for and console our Blessed Lord as He hangs on the Cross dying for 3 hours. The greatest suffering He went through was our rejection of Him. This suffering was infinite. If we have the intention of just being there with Him it will give Him the greatest consolation. It will be as if we were really there at the foot of the Cross with our Blessed Mother, St John, the holy women and disciples. You can meditate on this scene and the 7 last words, especially My God, My God why have you forsaken me

I’ve always wanted to do this but I keep on getting distracted :frowning: I’ll ask Mary and my Guardian Angel to help me tomorrow. :slight_smile:

God bless!

This post comes at a great time. I just found a Church that celebrates Eucharistic Adoration on Thursdays and will be going to be with Christ and His Mother later! So thank you so much!

Glad it’s a help dear Monica. I’ll continue to remember you in my visits, and ask if you can remember me too once in a while;)

God bless you dear friend:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

Glad you like it dear friend. Remember me too please. I’m praying for you:thumbsup:

May God bless you, and our Blessed Mother keep you:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

thanks so much, I will remember you too :slight_smile:
God bless.

John, I said a prayer for you when I went to Adoration today :slight_smile:

God bless!

Thank you dear Monica:) I mentioned you a few times at Mass this morning too.

May God bless you always:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

closed #10

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.