a divine revelation of hell

my son was given a book to read by a friend
a divine revelation of hell by mary k baker
i was wondering about this book, if anyone here has read it and what it is all about. it was quite unsettling to my son. how does the church feel about things of this sort? thanks

[quote=ruby]my son was given a book to read by a friend
a divine revelation of hell by mary k baker
i was wondering about this book, if anyone here has read it and what it is all about. it was quite unsettling to my son. how does the church feel about things of this sort? thanks
[/quote]

Here’s something interesting…

nowsthetime.org/revelation.html

Subrosa

You don’t say how old your son is, but you should discourage him from reading non-Catholic books and other materials. From what I can tell from the site, the author is not Catholic and is in fact a pre-millenial dispensationalist (i.e. the “Left Behind” theology) which is intrinsically anti-Catholic.

Point out to your son that the views of this writer do not completely reflect the teachings of the Catholic Church. Depending how old he is, give him material about the Last Things that reflect Church teaching, not Protestant pop theology.

my son is 21

but he has been pursuing the catholic faith very diligently.
i don’t want anything to steer him in the wrong direction and it seems as if this book is not catholic teaching.

wow ~ that website is a little on the weird side with the noises from hell.

thank you for your input

ruby

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.