A few questions for Muslims

agreed

i read about these stuff many times ago , and i saw decumentry film called " banned from the bible" which takling about beliefs of early christians in first and second century

what do you think about so called gnostic Christians and their beliefs about resurrection , did they had the same beliefs you have about it?

Yes, on numerous occasions and invited one disciple to examine them closely who doubted his ressurection. Which is where the colloquial term ‘doubting Thomas’ comes from.

if you interrested to discuss them then cite what the bible said exactly

You also have the testimony of thousands in America who claimed to have seen the resurrected Christ and felt the wounds in his hands, as written in the Book of Mormon:

Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.

And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.

read about these stuff many times ago , and i saw decumentry film called " banned from the bible" which takling about beliefs of early christians in first and second century

So let’s see. It seems to be double standard time. You ask me below to cite parts of the Bible for you but you are not bound to the same standard of proof as you hold me to. I’d submit that lacks any intellectual honesty or integrity. What did you read Elwill? Cite it for us?Unless you hold others to a higher standard than you would hold yourself to. I’m sure with a title like ‘Banned from the Bible’ it was just as unbiased as say a website like Jihad Watch would be about Islam.

what do you think about so called gnostic Christians and their beliefs about resurrection , did they had the same beliefs you have about it?

What do you think about Ahmadi Muslims, do they have the same beliefs as you? Are they really Muslims from your point of view. Just getting this back on track as if as a Muslim you choose to answer the thread is title, ‘A few questions for Muslims’ and not ‘Let’s answer questions with questions.’ I dislike the way the original questions in the thread were asked but you have chosen to answer them.

if you interrested to discuss them then cite what the bible said exactly

Why should I since:

A) The thread is about Muslim beliefs, no matter what lack of elegance or tact was used in formulating the original questions.

B)You except me to adhere to a standard of proof you plainly do not adhere to yourself.

Banned from the Bible can be quite amusing at times, although slightly interesting. When Constantine asked for the Fathers of the Church to gather for a council, so that the entire Church may be of one mind over the (then recent) heretical ideas of Arius; the Bible was not discussed.

What did the Council of Nicea do? It formed the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed, it
(1) banned castration among clergy;
(2) banned ordination of those recently converted,
(3) banned clergy from living with women, to avoid suspicion of immorality
(4) talked about the requirements to be ordained bishop
(5) asked that councils be held twice annually, to examine the appeals of those excommunicated
(6) it endorsed supervisory roles of Rome, Antioch, and Alexandria
(7)affirmed the honored status of the Bishop of Jerusalem
(8)provisions for the re-admission of the Novatianists
(9)removed priests who were improperly examined before ordination
(10)removed clergy who had fallen away during persecution.
(11) detailed the re-admission of those who had fallen away during persecution
(12) detailed the process of re-admission to the Church for those who had returned to the military after leaving it to become Christians.
(13) allowed early communion for those who are dying
(14) detailed the process of re-admission to the church for those who were catechumens when they fell away
(15) forbade transient clergy (16) forbade bishops from receiving transient clergy
(17) forbade clergy from charging interests on loans,
(18) forbade deacons from administering the eucharist to priests and bishops
(19) detailed the process of re-admission for those who followed the heresy of Paul of Samosata
and finally
(20) forbade kneeling during prayer on Sundays and Pentecost, ordered standing instead

The Bible was gathered together at the local councils of Carthage and Hippo, the Roman Catholics have the Council of Trent which only reitterated (spelling?) the previous councils as binding on all Catholic Faithful as to the status of the deuterocanonical books. In 1672, a Pan-Orthodox Synod of Jerusalem also declared the canon of the Church in response to the Protestant editing of scripture.

The Gnostic writings you mentioned, were never given much credibility. Many of them were forgeries, claiming to be from Apostles but they were not. Also, it is important to remember that many of the early Bishops were being martyred, disfigured, burned and were suffering many grievious torments. One early writer wrote of the Council of Nicea, that “they looked like an army of martyrs”. I don’t know of anyone who would be willing to undergo so much persecution day and night, with the ever threat of death hanging over their heads only to betray the Faith later having gone astray.

is that because i wanted to read the verses which said that jesus had wounds !

i just wanted from you to remind me with the verses from the bible , i didn’t think that my question will make you angry from me like that

i’m so sorry

first of all , thank you for you answer
i can understand that Gnostic writing were forgereis according to you , as i can understand that your version may considered forgeries according to them
as you can understand that according to me both of them may be forgeries either ,
i’m not trying to specify which one is forged and which one is the truth , i just says that both of them existed from the very early centuries
is that wrong or right ?

That is not true.
Why does allah allow Jesus to be arrested in the first place.

Why not just take Jesus up into heaven before HE went to trial?

Why not have Pontious Pilate free Jesus- Pilate was about to- then he asked the people who they wanted freed.

Allah could have stepped in numerous times, taken Jesus up to heaven.

i think that whether he was curcified in reality or not , in both senarios she was put through the same grieve , the question returned to you

but as for you asking about muslims point of view , i think that mary knew that he didn’t died on the cross

Problem your Quran confirms the Gospel the Gospel tells us otherwise.

From our view it’s not deceiving plan , it’s the truth which happened
Or you wanna to ask why allah in our view protect jesus from death on the cross ?
I think you need to rephrase your question.

we don’t know any details in our islamic source , what we know is that he wasn’t put on the cross

That makes the Quran less believeable - no details, no names no proof. Mohammad gives people nothing to verify

and why would God cause what you believe to be a false relegion (islam) to grow by faking Mohammad’s prophethood either ? these questions have no sense

Mohammad faked his own prophethood. People choose to follow false prophets- allah does not deceive you into following one.

you know that the bible was later canonized by Constantine around year 325. But before that, many sects of Christianity and many Bibles or Canons existed , and most of them (the early christians) have believed that jesus didn’t die on the cross

Did you know that the Gospel we have today was always considered the Gospel once it was written shortly after Jesus ascended to heaven.

You are mis-informed. The majority of Christians knew Jesus was crucified. Did you know that even the writers of apocrphya knew Jesus was crucified? Gnostics knew Jesus was crucified. Spurious gospel scripture writers- all knew Jesus had been crucified.

let us not talking about what God knows , me and you can agree that God knows the all truth
let us talking about what we knows and the facts we have about so called "eyewitness
and the criteria of accepting it

did he showed them his wounds

Jesus did in fact show HIS wounds to HIS followers.

…and there was much rejoicing!

I don’t believe Muslims would question why Allah would do such things, as they believe he is transcendent, unlike our belief that God stays true to His promises, they believe that Allah can change his mind about things or decide one thing is right one day or then change it another day.
:bowdown::bowdown:

Of that group I mention the gnostics did not all believe that Jesus was crucified.

Christ proved by every test he was of God ; even Muslims have to accept it but untill mohammed passes any test for prophethood we christians don’t accept him as prophet.
And the extra biblical historical sources attest to the Crucifiction as your latest hero Bart Ehrman will readily conceed as historically true. If Christ was not Crucified then he was not of God as he Prophesied his own death as it happened.

mohammed even fails his own test as he says the proof he is a prophet is that he is written about in the Torah and The Gospels but then if we accept corrupted books ( his idea ) then this is a corrupted basis for his claim to be a prophet and If is proof of prophethood is so dubiously based by this logic then the Koran shares in this dubiousness so can’t be used as a pure proof. So by mohammed own logic he cant live up to Christs pure proofs. People seen him cure the blind; the sick, cast out demons and raise the dead. Christ showed he was the master of Life and Death. He could show how he was prophesyied in the old testiment and even todays Jews will say he matched some of the criteria of their mesiah but not all . We say thats because he will fullfill the rest on his second coming. But no Christian or Jew today that remain so will ever say Mohammed is prophesied in their books.

Our God is no deciever ; he hold no part in lies ; he is a God of Truth and any suggestion he could be a God of Truth and yet concoct a deception on the scale of muslim belief about the Crucifixion is ludacrious. I will follow my God who knows only truth and hope that our muslim friends will realise the folly of following a God capable of such deception as we know which entity has a penchant for lies and deception.:slight_smile:

The earliest Gnostic gospels can only be traced to the third or fourth century, the Bible that we have began being written around the 60’s A.D./C.E. So you have the regular Christian Bible which was written at the earliest some 30 years after Jesus died, and then you have the Gnostic gospels which were written 200-400 years after Jesus died. I’d put my faith in the earlier texts…

may be God protected him when jesus (pbuh) asked him that

“O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”

Problem your Quran confirms the Gospel the Gospel tells us otherwise.

quran confirms whatever the massage which jesus (pbuh) preach , we differ about if the Gospel you have today is the true taching of jesus

That makes the Quran less believeable - no details, no names no proof. Mohammad gives people nothing to verify

how such details and names will make you verify ?
i think that if you are not convinced that someone else was in the cross in the first place , then the name of this one will change nothing

Mohammad faked his own prophethood. People choose to follow false prophets- allah does not deceive you into following one.

excellent answer , you can consider the same answer for your question below

Why would allah cause what you believe to be a false religion [Christianity] to grow by faking Jesus’ death on the cross?

Did you know that the Gospel we have today was always considered the Gospel once it was written shortly after Jesus ascended to heaven.

did you read ever about development of early Christianity as recorded by history.
this article is very worthy to read
biblestudy.org/basicart/what-did-early-church-believe-preach-after-death-of-jesus.html

You are mis-informed. The majority of Christians knew Jesus was crucified. Did you know that even the writers of apocrphya knew Jesus was crucified? Gnostics knew Jesus was crucified. Spurious gospel scripture writers- all knew Jesus had been crucified.

may be you are right
for me early Christians had major problems and disagreements about who truly Jesus was and whether or not he got crucified or not.
In regards to the New Testament, there are 24,000 epistles (letters) found so far that were written about Jesus. Constantine, which came around year 325 decided to chose the current 30+ books and gospels of the “Cannon” or New Testament. But before that, many books or epistles were believed to be inspired

here is what is written in The Apocalypse of Peter
wesley.nnu.edu/sermons-essays-books/noncanonical-literature/the-apocalypse-of-peter

O Peter." “Come therefore, let us go on with the completion of the will of the incorruptible Father. For behold, those who will bring them judgment are coming, and they will be put to shame. But me they cannot touch. And you,O Peter, shall stand in their midst. Do not be afraid because of your cowardice. Their minds shall be closed,for the invisible one has opposed them.” When he said those things, I saw him seemingly being seized by them. And I said “What do I see, O Lord, that it is you yourself whom they take, and that you are grasping me Or who is this one, glad and laughingon the tree And is it another one whose feet and hands they are striking” The Savior said to me, “He whom you saw on the tree, glad and laughing, this is the living Jesus. But thisone into whose hands and feet they drive the nails is his fleshly part, which is the substitute being put toshame, the one who came into being in his likeness. But look at him and me.” But I, when I had looked, said “Lord, no one is looking at you. Let us flee this place.”

in the end , i have to say that I personally don’t have any proof about the divinity of the banned apocalypse . i’m not trying to convince you that this one hold the truth

but you have to get my point , You guys need to understand and know that these beliefs existed between christians in the first century,
after the first council did the people in Rome set what we see today as the standard christian theology. All those other early churches have been persecuted and killed for their different views

“O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”

So Elwill as you posses this level of familiarity with the Bible or were at least able to look up these verses why do you need us to look up the verses about Christ showing his wounds to the disciples?

Elwill my dear brother;

You seem to have a basic knowledge of the bible, have you not read Hosea 12:11; which could be seen as for or against your beliefs,and so it is; I will speak through Prophets
I will give vision after vision
And through the ministry of Prophets
Will speak in “Parables”.

Maybe a foresighted prediction to our Lords emphatic announcement of his soon to be inclusion of the human race…

What do you think?..

So hows the new Government coming in Egypt?

I fail to see the logic of comparing two completely different texts. :shrug:

The simple Truth today is the war of Good and evil is waged against all that follow the Way of the Cross and Jesus Christ. That is the battle satan wages against God.

If the highest Black Mass’s world wide replicate the Crucifixtion and Death of Jesus Christ and His hour of Death. That alone ought to tell you something about the Good and evil.

Not only Christians confirm the Truth of Jesus Christ, the corrupt world of evil also does yet in a reverse claim of its victory at the Cross.

If you can’t find Truth in Bible, just re-search satan and lucifer. Or is that all wrong according to Christians also?

God Bless, Gary

i’m not very familiar with the bible as you thought , it’s just general knowledge .

may be i read about doubtious tomas in mark or luke , i don’t remember that such wounds were mentioned in it
but i knew lately that may be john the only Gospel mentioned nail marks , i didn’t read it myself yet

is that true that Gospl of john is the only one which added the nail marks to the story ?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.