A few questions on communion posture

(1) Are communion in the hand vs on the tongue and standing vs kneeling linked? We were taught both of the former but only while standing. Would it be licit to receive in the hand while kneeling?

(2) How exactly is the kneeling posture done? I assume both knees is prescribed? Is there any matter to how the feet and back are positioned (resting on heels or upright with feet flat)?

Really? All these arguments about it and no one can give any advice to someone looking for simple instruction?

Hey, it’s Saturday. Most of us have things to do other than hang out on the DCF ;):stuck_out_tongue:

1. Yes you can receive in the hand while kneeling

2. Generally, kneeling is considered to be both knees. Only one knee is a genuflection. Back straight, thighs vertical with calves horizontal.

Does that help?

quote="DarkLight, post:1, topic:333487" Are communion in the hand vs on the tongue and standing vs kneeling linked? We were taught both of the former but only while standing. Would it be licit to receive in the hand while kneeling?

[/quote]

I don't see any reason why you couldn't receive in the hand kneeling, but it's a bit of an odd combination. You may get a lot of confused Priests or EMHC.

quote="DarkLight, post:1, topic:333487" How exactly is the kneeling posture done? I assume both knees is prescribed? Is there any matter to how the feet and back are positioned (resting on heels or upright with feet flat)?

[/quote]

I've seen 1 knee done, but usually that is someone who would normally receive standing on the tongue, but if the priest/EMHC is a little bit shorter it can be easier or less awkward than trying to squat enough so that the minister is not stretching too much to reach your mouth.

Yeah thanks. And hey, I was measuring by how much the topic dropped - there’s plenty of people here!

I’ll probably keep it to daily Mass so as not to cause confusion or be a potential tripping hazard. I’m sure Father will figure out how to handle it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.