A friend had a friend raped, and is asking for prayers

Hey folks,
I’m not sure the best way to put this, so I’m just going to come out and say it. A friend of mine has brought to my attention that a married friend of hers was raped, and has become pregnant. She and her husband have decided to keep the baby, but as they are very obviously not the same race as the attacker, it’s going to make life difficult for all involved but the one who caused these hardships. Pray for her, for the child, and for her husband.

Lord Jesus,
You were conceived without sin. Grant thy tender loving mercies to this family. Keep Your hand upon them, open them to the love that you share with the world. Lord we pray for this young mother-to be that you, the world’s physician, will keep her healthy in mind, body and spirit. Lord, we pray for the child, that you smooth the rough road that will come. You whose birth sounded the trumpet of a new beginning, grant that this child’s birth may be a cause of joy. Sweet Jesus, we pray for the husband. Grant him the wisdom to raise this child as his own as Your own adopted father raised You. And Lord, we pray for the last party in this event. May You come upon him in grace and mercy to open his eyes to the pain his actions have caused. May his ignorance and sin fall from his eyes like scales, and may the scope of what he has done lead him to You.
Amen.

Praying for everyoe involved in this situation.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art though amoungst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death,
Amen.

Lord, please help TheDoor’s friend carry her cross and recognize that these terrible events are a part of Your Plan to help this couple reach heaven. Please have mercy on this poor lady and help her to heal expediently from this traumatic experience. Through Christ our Lord, Amen.

In my prayers

rebeccakiessling.com/Othersconceivedinrape.html

Praying…

Praying for this woman, her husband and the child.

Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death.

O Mary, concieved without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

** AMEN. **

Lord, deliver us from the wolves and turn them against themselves as Gideon’s army turned the overpowering enemy against itself under Your direction. Grant Your comfort and delight to those victims of violence who can, under Your grace and mercy, bring the greatest good from any evil. Thanks.

Our Father Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom, come. Thy will, be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily Bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. AMEN

Our Father
Who Art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our Daily Bread, and
Forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
but Deliver us form all evil.

Amen

Just one point. Under no circumstances should she name the child the Irish name “Cormac” - I know there has been a Saint by that name, but it’s literal meaning cuts just to close to the bone: “Son of the defiler”

Praying this is such a sad situation.

Dear God of endless love,
ever caring, ever strong,
always present, always just:
You gave your only Son
to save us by the Blood of His Cross.
Gentle Jesus, shepherd of peace,
Join our anguishing souls to your own suffering
the pain of all who have been hurt
in Body, Mind, and Spirit
by those who betrayed the trust placed in them.
Hear our cries as we agonize
over the harm done to our brothers and sisters.
Breathe wisdom into our prayers,
soothe restless hearts with hope,
steady shaken spirits with faith:
Show us the way to justice and wholeness,
enlightened by truth and enfolded in your mercy.
Holy Spirit, comforter of hearts,
heal your people’s wounds
and transform our brokenness.
Grant us courage and wisdom, humility and grace,
so that we may act with justice
and find peace in you.
We ask this Healing through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

We turn to you for protection
Holy Mother of God.

Listen to our prayers
And help us in our needs.

Save us from every danger,
Glorious and blessed Virgin.

Oh Blood and Water, that gushed forth from the heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in you.

Amen.

Remembering all involved parties in my daily prayers. God bless :console:

Prayers offered.

Praying for all involved in this situation.

Father, here our prayers and we ask for strength and fortitude for this family.

They have a strong marriage, Thank you Jesus.

Amen.

Praying for all concerned…

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Saint Maria Goretti, pray for us!

Thank you all for your prayers

Most gracious Lord, I thank you for the kindness of my brothers and sisters. I pray that Your ears will be open to our thoughts and intentions, and that You will continue to provide healing and comfort to this family.

Praying for all concerned…

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

**Saint Maria Goretti, pray for us! **

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit as it was in the Beginning is

now ever shall be World without end .
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.