A friend's engagement

I had the same thought. What you quoted, kaj3, shows what a special friend Princess_Abby is to this lady.

Abby, if you feel that this guy will ditch the wedding at the last minute, then maybe you should tell her how you feel about it. You don’t have to make it “advice” but just sharing your heart-felt feelings about the whole situation. Sharing it with her out of love, just to let her know how you see it. She is then free to make her own choices, but knows how her best friend feels, too.

Maybe it would be good to get together with her in person, if she lives close enough.

0 Likes

I kinda know how she feels, I dated a guy a while back and he too was considering the priesthood. I started really having feelings for him which made the situation worse. I knew he was unsure, and I don’t really think that it had anything to do with me. That was just the point in his journey to understand where God wanted him, and he was really wanting God’s will. The “dating” ended and it was for the best, it *can’t *work if two people are on two different pages, and Its hard not to hold on to a person that you know is trully an incredible person. You also have to know that God wants us to be happy AND do his will. So you have to consider that maybe all of the grief, is God’s way of saying, not the right guy or the right time…

0 Likes

This man is not “making” this woman wait. It is her choice to wait and tolerate his behavior. This type of back-and-forth inability to make a decision is something she will have to deal with for the rest of her life if she marries him.

She’s in her late 20’s? Tick tock, tick tock. He should fish or cut bait. :banghead:

0 Likes

I read your post, read all the responses, and then re-read the OP. I didn’t catch it the first time but this guy is having second thoughts within two to three weeks of getting engaged?!?!?!?! This guy is a flake!

I don’t think it’s that unusual to have some minor doubts during an engagement. But this man is way out of line!

0 Likes

closed #25
0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.