A funeral will be held for Baby Shanice Denise Osbourne

Ft. Lauderdale, FL – A funeral will be held for Baby Shanice Denise Osbourne in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, next week, over 26 months after she was born alive during an abortion, shoved into a biohazard bag, and tossed on the roof of a Hialeah abortion mill to die.

Clinic owner Belkis Gonzales, a woman with no medical background, delivered the African-American baby girl after the mother reported to the abortion clinic complaining of discomfort. She had started the process of abortion the previous day. Abortionist Pierre Renelique was contacted when the patient reported to the clinic but never answered his page.

According a police affidavit, the mother “observed the baby moving and gasping for air for approximately five (5) minutes. The staff began screaming that the baby was alive; at which time, Ms. Belkis Gonzalez cut the umbilical cord, threw it into a red bag with black printing. Ms. Gonzalez then swept the baby, with her hands, into the same red bag along with the gauze used during the procedure.”

The bag containing Shanice was tossed onto the roof of the abortion clinic to conceal her body from police. A clinic worker informed police of the incident and Shanice’s body was recovered.

An autopsy indicated that the baby’s lungs contained gas bubbles and floated, proving that Shanice was alive and breathing at birth.

Gonzales is the subject of a current grand jury investigation, which will likely result in her being charged in the Baby Shanice’s death. The abortion clinic where Shanice died has since closed.

The funeral will be held on October 14, 2008, at 11 AM at Queen of Heaven Cemetery, 1500 S. State Road 7, in Ft. Lauderdale. The ceremony will be officiated by Rev. O’Neal Dozier. Former presidential candidate Dr. Alan Keyes will deliver the eulogy. The public is encouraged to attend.

operationrescue.org/archives/funeral-for-baby-shanice-to-be-held-26-months-after-being-left-on-abortion-clinic-roof-to-die/

I just don’t understand how abortion is legal.

I honest to God, do not understand what the hell is going on with this country and the rest of the western world.

Isaiah 5:20 "Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,"
Is it wrong to pray to God for a severe chastisement?

This is so sad! That poor little baby should have been held and loved, not tossed away like yesterday’s garbage.
Right now I have a fetal model of an 11-12 week old fetus sitting on my computer. This model shows a normal infant that is simply smaller than a full term baby. To kill this child is the same as killing any other child, whether before or after birth.

Yes it is wrong, read the book of Amos- do not pray for the day of the lord, the day of the lord is darkness, not light- it as if a man runs from a bear, and inside his house is bitten by a snake.

Evil knows no bounds.

Good thing God loves these people, because if it were up to me…

:mad:

~Liza

There is no “humane” way to perform an abortion, lest anyone think that this case is an aberration or an extreme incident. Rather, it implicates all abortions.

VC

One candidate currently running for president does not see that anything wrong was done. Except what the police and prosecutors are doing.

This story makes me so sad. I cannot understand how any person can behave in such a ghastly way.

This tragedy is why we cannot give up all prolifer’s vigilance in the Born Alive Protection Act. Sadly, if Sen.Obama is elected president, he won’t support life…which he has so clearly demonstrated here in Illinos.:sad_yes:

I’m with you. I look at what we have come to, and I have no words.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.