A funny thing happened on the way to the...

If you have been wondering where I was or if I have been falling down on the job…I was having lunch at a train station. A gentleman noticing my collar decided I was in need of enlightenment. Ah, if only he had known, lol.

He is apparently a follower of some brand of theosophy. His main point was that God revealed these “truths” to him and I had no need of a Church. He even waved a copy of one of Fenelon’s works. I finally said, “Okay fine, let’s ask God then shall we?” I looked up for a moment. Then I said, “I just asked God and He said we are right and you are wrong.” He gaped and had nothing else to say. I assured him of my prayers, handed him a tract, and went to catch my train. Leaving him deep in thought. The man sitting at the next table was listening avidly and was chuckling. A good time was had by all.

:rotfl: :rotfl: Welcome back, Father!

Pretty clever! It reminds me of how Rush Limbaugh ‘demonstrates absurdity by being absurd’. :smiley:

(This is usually done through his parodies)

I LOVE IT :smiley: The next time I am approached I will use the same line, thats of course if you dont mind father? :wink:

Goodness, that was almost too simple Father. But, admittedly, sometimes it is that simple. God definitely put you in the right place at the right time. That poor gent is probebly still scratching his head.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

you bad, bad to the bone
cest strikes again

Sadly, this guy may have had a private revelation, then to be tricked by his own pride that he didn’t need the protection of the Church. A tactic of the enemy. Tim

hahaha If I ever meet you in person, I’ll pretend to be a theosophist. What did this man look like? I’ll need to prepare myself. :smiley:

:clapping: Well done Father! Score one for the home team! :thumbsup:

He was a nice old guy camped out to approach strangers with his “new” religion. Because he was inoffensive, but very misguided, I was quite polite to him. He didn’t spit or call us the “whore of babylon.” I just hope that he actually thought about what I said and did.

Funny story either way.:thumbsup:

Oh, I forgot to ask. What tract did you pass him?

I gave him one on Tradition from Grotto Press. They have some nice small tracts and are inexpensive.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.