a God's Will question

we believe that we are to seek God’s Will; What does this mean to us personally?

God B’ess you,
Patrock

I pray that His will be over my will like this:
:gopray2: "Please THE MOST HIGH does what you foresee is best for me, not what I see."

Which might not be necessary the best for me in the short term, but sure will be better for me in the long term. :thumbsup:

Gods Will progresses with the advancements of humanity from age to age.

His Will is to create life. What the components of life generation change from age to age.

In this age, the Will of God seeks to create unity in diversity. Just like hydrogen and oxygen are diverse atoms which both create fire when taken individually, we see that when they are united the create a new life, WATER.

Humanity is like all these diverse elements, how to unite these elements to create the Kingdom of God on earth is the Will of our Lord in this age

To seek His will requires us to learn what His will is for us. Thus we have a responsibility to read His word in Scripture and to learn what He has revealed to us through the teaching of His Church (that is, read the Catechism).

=Nita;11589260]To seek His will requires us to learn what His will is for us. Thus we have a responsibility to read His word in Scripture and to learn what He has revealed to us through the teaching of His Church (that is, read the Catechism).

OK, allow me to play the advocates role here:)

So every can read the bible and get the TRUTH from it on their own:shrug:

I didn’t say just Scripture, I said “AND **to learn what He has revealed to us through the teaching of His Church (that is, read the Catechism)”. **If you learn what the “teaching of His Church is”, you won’t interpret Scripture improperly (assuming of course that you accept what the Church teaches as being the truth).

=Nita;11589990]I didn’t say just Scripture, I said “AND **to learn what He has revealed to us through the teaching of His Church (that is, read the Catechism)”. **If you learn what the “teaching of His Church is”, you won’t interpret Scripture improperly (assuming of course that you accept what the Church teaches as being the truth).

OK:) I didn’t miss that.

So its everybody?:shrug:

God Bless,
Pat

Good question :thumbsup:

IMHO - To me it is accepting all the events in your life both Good and Bad as a Bounty from God to enable us to Know and Love God.

Each of these events we face are a gift from God enabling us to understand that we exist only because of the Grace of God.

This could be a very big topic :wink:

God bless all - Regards Tony

I would say that God’s will is for us to love our neighbor, as He loves us. We are the face of Christ to the world, that the lost may be found.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 (KJV) Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.