A Grandmother Joins the Sisters

What goes on in a day in the life of a Visitation Sister?

A newly professed 69-year old sister shares stores about her children and grandchildren. Admittedly having a “late” vocation, she found her calling to the religious life much later on in life!

The stole and pall of Bl. John Paul II – on display from the Vatican – were brought to the Visitation convent for veneration. These are just some of the daily happenings at the Visitation convent in Toledo, OH!

Read about these and other such “Monastic Musings” at the website of the Visitation sisters of Toledo!

toledovisitation.org/musings.htm

Very nice!!

[quote="Eliz28, post:1, topic:277291"]
What goes on in a day in the life of a Visitation Sister?

A newly professed 69-year old sister shares stores about her children and grandchildren. Admittedly having a “late” vocation, she found her calling to the religious life much later on in life!

http://www.toledovisitation.org/images/09-Feb_Sr_Noel_profession_Bishop_candle.jpg

The stole and pall of Bl. John Paul II – on display from the Vatican – were brought to the Visitation convent for veneration. These are just some of the daily happenings at the Visitation convent in Toledo, OH!

Read about these and other such “Monastic Musings” at the website of the Visitation sisters of Toledo!

toledovisitation.org/musings.htm

[/quote]

She can be the big sister :)

Wonderful news!

How nice, indeed!

I've gone on that website periodically via the Institute for Religious Life (IRL), and hadn't seen any updates of the Sisters' 'Monastic Musings' in a long time.

Good to see the newly Professed and the newest Novice!

I like the Visitation Order very, very much....:D :) :thumbsup:

Good for her, I've thought about that:shrug:, but not for now. Still happily married.

This makes me laugh because I'm a grandmother and I'm entering Our Lady of the Rock Benedictine Monastery on 26th March. I like to see older women not being discouraged from pursuing a religious vocation. :)

[quote="nunsense, post:7, topic:277291"]
This makes me laugh because I'm a grandmother and I'm entering Our Lady of the Rock Benedictine Monastery on 26th March. I like to see older women not being discouraged from pursuing a religious vocation. :)

[/quote]

Congratulations then!

I've seen the website of that monastery. Way out in the boonies....:o

Best of luck in your new religious life! :thumbsup:

[quote="barb_finnegan, post:8, topic:277291"]
Congratulations then!

I've seen the website of that monastery. Way out in the boonies....:o

Best of luck in your new religious life! :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Thank you for your good wishes.

The Monastery isn't so much 'in the boonies' as it is isolated because it is on an island! :) There is a ferry service to the nearby San Juan Islands and to the mainland but it is still a bit far from the mainstream of things. I like this because the atmosphere on the island is so peaceful and it is incredibly beautiful as well.

One of the nuns just made a new post on their blog.
islandlife-inamonastery.blogspot.com/2012/03/saint-for-our-times.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.