A Hebrew / English Bible?

Hey, I'm looking for a Catholic Bible that shows side by side Hebrew / English translations. I know there's a word this this type of Bible, I just can't seem to think of it. If anybody knows any free online versions of a bible like this it'd be highly appreciated it! Or if you have any links to physical bibles like this you can buy it'd help me out so much!

God Bless!

Hi Baseballguy,

Google Hebrew English bible; you will find many options

I’ve tried that, trust me lol

[quote="Baseballguy, post:1, topic:334056"]
Hey, I'm looking for a Catholic Bible that shows side by side Hebrew / English translations. I know there's a word this this type of Bible, I just can't seem to think of it. If anybody knows any free online versions of a bible like this it'd be highly appreciated it! Or if you have any links to physical bibles like this you can buy it'd help me out so much!

God Bless!

[/quote]

I believe you're referring to an "Interlinear" Bible, in which you have the Hebrew (or any other language) line and the English translation directly beneath it. Unfortunately, I don't know any Hebrew-English Interlinear Bibles with Catholic commentary. You will probably find plenty of Old Testament Catholic commentaries though.

I have heard that this one is one of the best: amazon.com/New-Jerome-Biblical-Commentary/dp/0136149340/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1374777075&sr=1-1&keywords=st.+jerome+biblical+commentary

I remember seeing the St. Jerome commentary available at a local used bookstore of mine for $30. Never did get it, though you can get it cheaper for used on amazon.

I know obviously, that you're not looking for Catholic commentary on the OT, but a Hebrew-English Interlinear Bible which happens to be Catholic. Still don't know any, but here are other Interlinear Bibles:

amazon.com/The-Interlinear-Bible-Hebrew-Greek-English-English/dp/1565639774/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374776885&sr=8-1&keywords=english+and+hebrew+bible

amazon.com/Hebrew-English-Old-Testament-Hebraica-Stuttgartensia/dp/1433530309/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1374776885&sr=8-13&keywords=english+and+hebrew+bible

amazon.com/Interlinear-NIV-Hebrew-English-Old-Testament/dp/031040200X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1374776885&sr=8-3&keywords=english+and+hebrew+bible

amazon.com/New-Testament-Hebrew-English/dp/B000OML3NM/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1374777365&sr=1-3&keywords=hebrew+new+testament

You might want to check out the American Bible Society's website too for Hebrew-English Interlinear Bibles. They have over dozens of foreign language Bible versions there, including Hebrew. I have never seen a Catholic Hebrew-English Interlinear Bible, sadly. Maybe talk to those who you might know that came out of seminary studying Hebrew (Catholic priests, deacons, etc.), if they did.

[quote="Baseballguy, post:1, topic:334056"]

God Bless!

[/quote]

For the most up-to-date critical texts, you can use this website and put the texts side-by-side with whatever translation you’re reading:

Hebrew Old Testament
Greek Old Testament (includes Deuterocanonical books)
Greek New Testament

Not exactly what you’re looking for, but it gets updated to have the most recent texts and it’s free. :)

Thank you, and may God bless you, too!

In Christ,
Pete

scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Hebrew_Index.htm

[quote="thistle, post:6, topic:334056"]
scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Hebrew_Index.htm

[/quote]

awesome site...thanks:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.