A Holy Hour?

At your church is there a Holy Hour?

If you mean Adoration, yes. Why? You want to come out? Come on down.

Yes,
We have Eucharistic Adoration one evening a week.

We are blessed to have a 24 Adoration Chapel at my home parish.:slight_smile:

23/7/363 (no Adoration during Mass; no Adoration Good Friday or Holy Saturday). 15 years? 20 years? I have lost track of how long we have had it.

Same with my Parish and with permission from the Archbishop to have the Blessed Sacrament exposed during appropriate times.
I think we’re into 50 years of adoration, with, IIRC, only the last 10 years or so with the Blessed Sacrament exposed on the alter.
If the church building is open, there is someone inside keeping a Holy Hour.
Our former Pastor said it was always a comfort knowing that there was someone in the Church building praying.

Every Friday evening at my FSSP parish.

Every Thursday, from the end of daily Mass until 4:30 pm.

We have continuous Adoration year round except for Good Friday and Holy Saturday. We also do not have it on the three mornings each week when there is a Communion Service.

DGB

Yes, my parish has 24/7 adoration but not at the parish, it is at a hospital nearby. Our parish coordinates the hours citywide. In addition my parish has Benediction and exposition on Sundays at 7 PM, Many families attend, and a 24 Hour First Friday Adoration, complete with a children’s hour.

My parish has Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in silence beginning after the 8am Tuesday Mass and culminating in a service of Benediction at 6:15pm. It is held in the Chapel, which is a side room of the main church and at other times is called the “Family Formation Chapel”.

We have had Adoration and Benediction for as long as I have been a parishioner, eight years. Our pastor has been around for ten. I don’t know if it predates his arrival.

My Parish has a Holy Hour with adoration and reconciliation from 6-7pm on Wednesdays, followed by a Low Mass in the EF. Wonderful and we are so blessed :highprayer:

My parish usually has it from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. every Friday.

At the church here the day for the Holy Hour is Thursday.

Have you talked to your Pastor about having additional hours of Adoration? It was a married couple in our parish that worked with our Pastor to establish and organize our Adoration schedule.

DGB

O Saving Victim (O Salutaris) is a beautiful song that can be used at the Holy Hour.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.