Inspired by another thread on careers. I worked full time following leaving university and then went part time and the latter was far superior in my opinion. Full time work drove me bananas. There are a number of advantages in spending more time at home.
- more time to shop. You’ve got more time to browse in the sales and bargain hunt.
- have your friends round in the day. I had mini-parties in my house during the day but hubby wasn’t invited.
- more time to visit relatives. My gran was ill so spent a few days visiting her.
- time to do housework in the day which means more leisure time in the evening and at weekends. More time to spend with hubby.
- learned to cook and bake. Although the latter is a housewife cliche and makes you fat I went through a stage of baking on Friday and my husband looked forward for his cake all day.
- more time to do DIY/decorating or gardening. Save some money on paid labour but depends on your interest. Do a DIY course.
- somebody to look after workmen. You don’t need to take annual leave in order to look after workmen in your house.
- A couple of days trips as a treat.
I never turned the tv on during the day and is a sign of a bad housewife. I don’t know how to cope with kids yet.