A humble request for prayers for my peace of mind

Hello fellow CAF members.

I simply request that maybe y’all could spare just a little bit of your time and prayers for me.
It may not be as grave as some of the other requests, but that doesn’t make it any easier.

I’ve felt pretty tormented lately. I’ve been labeled as a “perfectionist” since I was little, and I’ve been told by a therapist that I often have impossibly high expectations - especially for myself - that lead me to “beat myself up” (mentally - leading to low self-esteem) when I can’t achieve them. This, along with a terrible habit to procrastinate and a social awkwardness that almost feels crippling at times (especially when asking for help), had caused a huge weight on my being that has caused anxiety attacks in the past. Adding to this is the serious black mark on my soul keeping me from communion until I can get to confession (hopefully this Wednesday), which reminds me how far I have to go on my quest back to Catholicism after being away from it for so long.

In short, I just ask for support to regain my peace of mind and for some strength and confidence on my journey, most importantly of getting back to God.

Thank you. :signofcross:

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; he maketh me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul. He leadeth me in paths of righteousness for his name sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

St. Joseph, model and patron of those who love the Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us.

St. Dymphna, ora pro nobis. St. Agnes, ora pro nobis.

St. Philomena, virgin and martyr, ora pro nobis.

May God grant you peace of mind and strength for the journey. Kyrie eleision. Christi eleision. Kyrie eleison.

Give us this day O Lord, our daily bread, and forgive us our sins.

Peace. :slight_smile:

Lord have mercy,
Christ have mercy,
Lord have mercy

Praying for you …

Praying hard for your happiness and peace of mind.

[FONT=Bookman Old Style][FONT=Arial][size=2]Dear Jesus please help this dear person to attain balance in aspirations and performance. [/FONT][/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Bookman Old Style][FONT=Arial][size=2]Please help this person to find peace of mind and life,
and to achieve without having achievement as a personal prison

Jesus says, “I tell you solemnly, anyone who does not welcome the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” [Luke18: 17]
*[FONT=Arial]Therese of Lisieux elucidates how to live as child before God. *[/FONT]

*[FONT=Arial][FONT=Bookman Old Style]*She **wrote, “You want to climb the mountain, whereas God wishes you to descend it. He is awaiting you in the valley of humility.” [/FONT]
*“The only way to advance rapidly in the path of love is to always remain very little” “‘Remaining little’ means—to recognise ones nothingness, to await everything from the goodness of God, to avoid being much troubled at our faults[FONT=Bookman Old Style]; finally, not to be worried about amassing spiritual riches.” *[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/size][/FONT]

May God grant you the peace that you want.

We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Praying for you.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

OUR LADY OF MENTAL PEACE PRAYER

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility and
Mother of Hope,
look upon me in this time
of disquiet and weakness.

Still my restless spirit,
teach my searching heart to know
that God’s love for me
is unchanging and that the suffering
which He may will for me now
is to draw me closer to Him.

Let thy gentle peace and His —
which the world cannot give —
be always with me, that I may
be sanctified: and then:
I beseech thee
for the grace to bring this
peace to others.

Jesus, My Savior, I give myself
entirely to Thee through Mary:

Our Lady of Mental Peace,
pray for me!

Amen. Amen. Amen. Beautiful prayer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.