A little disappointed

I saw that the post were stopped on my thread. I was a little disappointed as it was helping to hear from people. But I do understand the forum has rules. Anyway, thanks to all who posted. As I read I realized something. It isn’t God who’s doing this, it’s the devil wanting me to think it’s God. I think all of a sudden I can stop yelling at God and began cursing the evil. Somewhat of a relief! A weight lifted! Now I guess my thoughts are more on why is the devil focusing on me so intently? Maybe it’s because I do have faith? I just recently got my first rosary back in July. I felt an overwhelming urge to go and buy one. I had no idea how to even pray with it but learned on the computer and forum. I was baptized a Catholic but we only went to church a couple times as children so I don’t really know much about the Catholic religion, but I am trying to learn now. Maybe I’ve got the devil quite angry at me! I notice as I try to pray the rosary each night there are many interruptions and it has come to my mind that the devil is trying to stop me from praying. Sometimes I just start speaking out loud and get louder and louder and it’s funny, things began to settle down. Now, I guess my next question is… could I somehow have brought the devil to me? As I said, I don’t know much about being Catholic. I was very spiritual but didn’t/don’t really know everything from the bible. One thing I did was read tarot cards, I’ve wondered if that brought any of this about, although the bad things began before that. The other is that I was in a very negative place, there were beatings and torture and killing (this was on a farm I worked on). I said many times of the farm manager, that I thought the devil himself was walking the earth (as this farm manager). This person just hated me so. He would go to church on Sunday and quote the bible but the evil he did was so unbelievable. Does the devil take on the form of a person? And could I have brought him to me and with me from that farm? I truely believe I was placed on that farm by God. That I don’t doubt at all. Your thoughts on this are welcome.

You say that you don’t know much about the Catholic religion but that you want to learn now. Have you spoken to a priest? RCIA is also used by people who were baptized Catholic but not taught much about the faith afterwards. RCIA has already started, but perhaps the priest can give you some instructions. Also, tell him about reading Tarot cards…they can open a door to being harassed. And, if you still have them - get rid of them!

Keep saying the Rosary and keep blessed sacramentals where you live.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

St. Padre Pio had the devil appear to him in disguise to tempt him, and when that failed the devil threw and destroyed objects and beat him to a pulp. In his letters, he writes, “my whole body is bruised from the beatings that I have received to the present time by our enemies.” Once the devil came to his confessional and was defeated when St. Padre Pio told him to say, “Long live Jesus, Long live Mary.” According to Fr. Thomas Euteneuer, President of Human Life International, St. Padre Pio sometimes said as many as 90 rosaries in a day in a special form for which he received ecclesiastical permission. **The Rosary Batters the Gates of Hell **hli.org/sl_2008-10-03.html

Some quotes by St. Padre Pio * “The Rosary is The WEAPON” “Prayer is the best weapon we have; it is the key to God’s heart.” “Pray the Rosary frequently. It costs so little and it’s worth so much.” “The one who prays a lot saves himself. The one who prays little is in danger. The one who does not pray loses his soul.” *

*The following text of Father Gabriel Amorth, chief exorcist of the Vatican, is taken from the March-April, 2003 issue of "Echo of Mary, Queen of Peace."http://www.michaeljournal.org/rosarypower.htm *

Faith as Trust and Joy-Evangelium
The recent Apostolic Letter of John Paul II, “Rosarium Virginis Mariae” (released last October 16) encourages all Christians to turn back to the prayer strongly recommended both by the latest Pontiffs and recent Marian apparitions. Paul VI called the rosary a compendium of the Gospel. To make it more complete, John Paul II added the ‘mysteries of light’ to cover Jesus’ public life. Padre Pio called the Rosary beads a weapon of extraordinary power against Satan.

One day a colleague of mine heard the devil say during an exorcism: "Every Hail Mary is like a blow on my head. If Christians knew how powerful the Rosary was, it would be my end. The secret that makes this prayer so effective is that the Rosary is both prayer and meditation. It is addressed to the Father, to the Blessed Vrigin, and to the Holy Trinity, and is a meditation centered on Christ.

Today more than ever, the world is in need of prayer and meditation. It is in need of prayer because people have forgotten God, and without God the world has put itself on the edge of a precipice. This is why in Her messages, Our Lady insists so much on prayer. Without God’s help, Satan wins. The world is also in need of meditation because if the great Christian truths are forgotten, souls become void. This void is grabbed up by the enemy, and he fills it with his lies. And today we see the results with widespread belief in superstitution and occultism.

The most obvious danger for our society today is the downfall of the family. The rhytmn of today’s world has broken the family unity. Little time is spent together, and even when the family is together, its members don’t speak because the television speaks. Where are the families which recite the Rosary together in the evenings? Pope Pius XII insisted in his own time: “If you pray the Rosary together, you will experience peace in your families; you will get on together.” “The family that prays together, stays together,” would say Father Petyton, the untiring apostle of the family Rosary. “Satan wants war,” Mary said one day in Medjugorje. Well, the Rosary is the weapon which is able to guarantee peace for the world, because it is a prayer and a form of meditation able to transform hearts and defeat the enemy.

How to say the Most Holy Rosary to maximum effect can be found in St. Louis Mary de Montfort’s book, **The Secret of the Rosary **. And to consecrate oneself completely to our blessed Queen, read True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin

Remember the Bible quote from Genesis 3:15, “I will place enmities between you and the woman, between your race and her race. She will crush your head and you will lie in wait for her heel.”

A lady at my church told me that sometimes it is hard to get up in the morning: loneliness, tiredness, sick. Then she can start praying and it will leave. That’s how she will know it is a spiritual attack, because if it wasn’t spiritual it would not leave.

May this post and thread bring glory to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary!!! Jesus, we trust in you!!! In the name of Jesus Christ through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, we ask for mercy and deliverance!! Jesus, we trust in you!! May this thread bring gifts of the Holy Spirit through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Mediatrix of all graces, to all who need them!! Jesus, we trust in yoU!!

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

I do not have anywhere near the amount of personal experience with the Chaplet of Divine Mercy that I do with the Rosary but it is also an important prayer.

On the evening of Friday, September 13, 1935, Saint Faustina had a vision of an Angel, “the executor of divine wrath.” Seeing this sign of divine wrath that was about to strike the earth, the saint implored the Angel to stay his hand, and she began to plead with God for mercy on the world. The words with which she entreated God were restated more perfectly the next day in another interior vision in which the Chaplet of The Divine Mercy was fully defined (Diary, 474-476).

It appears that the Immaculate Heart of Mary, the Rosary, Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and Divine Mercy stay the wrath of God, preventing the world from the kind of destruction that happened in Sodom and Gomorroh and provide mercy for us and the whole world. It is always easier for me to pray the Rosary during Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament after the Holy Eucharist. Sometimes I go adore, pray a few decades of the most Holy Rosary, read spiritual reading or the bible, pray more of the Most Holy Rosary, until I finish it.

And to learn about the love of God, read the Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus by Father John Croiset. It really explains things to me about how to get closer to God and how to really love him and how much he really loves me. But I doubt that I would have ever been led to help that I needed if I hadn’t prayed the Rosary, like a spiritual medicine, to guide me where I needed to go and to open my eyes and soften my heart so that I can ask for the mercy of God.

Do you go to daily Mass? The Catholic Eucharist is the Body and Blood, soul and divinity of our dearly beloved Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is as if Jesus came down from heaven just so that he could be with us, and is the answer to our prayers. You ask God for something, he says, “Here is my Beloved Son.” I may not have the insight, but I think the Eucharist is like in the Old Testament when they had the ark of the covenant and God dwelled within it all the time and God led the people where they needed to go.

Also, beckymarie posts the Seven Steps to Self-Deliverance frequently, from the St. Padre Pio Center for Deliverance counseling, saint-mike.org/spcdc/SelfHelp/SevenSteps.asp. I’m sure if she read this thread she would suggest it to you.

And, if you do decide to devote yourself completely to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, here is some company for you and fellowship founded by a famous St. Maximilian Maria: consecration.com/ St. Maximilian Maria (who named himself Maria instead of Kolbe to venerate the Blessed Vrigin Mary) was a Polish Priest who hid two thousand Jews in his friary and when taken to the Auschwitz Concentration camp offered to die in place of another person because that person had family and he did not. He was starved and dehydrated but he continued to lead the men in songs and prayer. After three weeks of dehydration and starvation, only Kolbe and three others were still alive. Finally, he was murdered with an injection of carbolic acid. jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/Kolbe.html. To the best of my knowledge, he not only was consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary in the way of St. Louis De Montfort, but he also used to post excerpts from True Devotion to Mary on billboards for people to read.

May the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary free us and lead us to the path of everlasting life and bring glory to your name through us!! Jesus, we trust in you, who came to set the captives free, Jesus we trust in you, Jesus we trust in you, Jesus we trust in you!!!

Devoting oneself to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin montfort.org.uk/Writings/TrueDev.html
Secret of the Rosary montfort.org.uk/Writings/Rosary.html
**Preparation for 33 day consecration to the Blessed Virgin **saintlouisdemontfort.com/consecration.cfm
Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesusen.wikisource.org/wiki/Devotion_to_the_Sacred_Heart_of_Jesus#FIRST_POINT._.E2.80.94_The_ardent_desire_Jesus_Christ_feels_to_be_with_us.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.