A look at deadliest attacks in Afghanistan in recent years - The Washington Post

By Associated Press

August 18 at 7:21 AM

KABUL, Afghanistan — The deadly bombing at a wedding in Afghanistan’s capital late Saturday was a stark reminder that the war-weary country faces daily threats not only from the long-established Taliban but also from a brutal local affiliate of the Islamic State group, which claimed responsibility for the attack.

Here is a look at some of the deadliest attacks in recent years.

Aug. 17: An Islamic State suicide bomber kills at least 63 people, including women and children, at a crowded wedding party in Kabul.

There was one other that appears to be worse in 2018. I’d like us to stay and help the people. Afghanistan has also not be nearly as pacified as Iraq has and still seems to be a great danger to foreign troops, us, UK, Turkish and other troops. It’s sure a shame. I don’t want to leave the people in trouble but at the same time, the pro-government Afghanistan troops and police have greatly suffered per being killed.

Horrible attack on a wedding, death toll now is at about 63 and ISIS has claimed responsibility. It was also an attack specifically on the Shi’ites, this was a Shi’ite wedding. If I lived in Afghanistan, I’m sorry, I would not be attending events with a large crowd of people like a wedding or a soccer match was attacked too in the past, I believe.

We don’t here much about the stock market around here anymore either.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.