A Miraculous Medal Story (No longer crippled)

This is one of the stories in my book: Help from Heaven (Answers to Prayer)

**No longer crippled **
A mother from Mexico took her little crippled daughter on a trip to Paris, to visit the chapel where the apparitions of the Miraculous Medal occurred in 1830. When they arrived at the chapel they saw a nun who was arranging flowers on the sanctuary. The mother asked her if it would be possible for her daughter to touch the chair, that Our Lady had sat on while talking to Saint Catherine Labouré during one of the visions. The nun said that it was not allowed. She then went into the back room to get some more flowers. The area where the chair was, had been roped off. The mother thought to herself, “I did not come all this way just to look at the chair.” She told her daughter to get down on the floor, work her way on her stomach under the rope, move up and quickly touch the chair and then come back. To the mother’s distress the little girl went up to the chair and placed her head upon it and would not come back for quite a while despite her mother’s pleading. The mother was worried that the nun would come back and that they would get into trouble.

Eventually the little girl came back, and the mother asked her why she had done this. Her reply was "I am sorry mummy, but the lady told me to rest my head on her lap.” After this they returned to Mexico on the plane. During the trip the mother noticed that her daughter’s physical condition was starting to improve. By the time they reached Mexico the child was fully healed. She can now run and jump as perfectly as any normal child.

The prayer on the Miraculous Medal is: "O Mary conceived without sin pray for us, who have recourse to thee.” Many favours are granted to those who wear the Miraculous Medal and who pray to Our Lady confidently trusting in her intercession. These favours include healings, protection in danger, conversions, help to fight temptations and many other needs such as employment. The feast day of the Miraculous Medal is celebrated on November 27.

Other Information

Learn about the powerful intercession of the Holy Souls in Purgatory and ways to help them, and then share that information with other people

This looks like a very very excellent book!

It is such a great idea that God inspired you with. I'm sure it will bear lots of fruit.

[quote="poetryforjesus, post:2, topic:177727"]
This looks like a very very excellent book!

It is such a great idea that God inspired you with. I'm sure it will bear lots of fruit.

[/quote]

Thank you for that. It is my hope that people will benefit greatly from the book. I am sure that God is behind this book happening, because I had no intention of doing one.

There are and were, too many things going on in my life, (health problems, disabled children etc.) A priest kept asking me to "write a book." I thought that was a joke, but he just kept saying that, until it got me thinking about what to write a book about, and when that happens you have to think of what things you know about best, and for me it was about answers to prayer.

[quote="Karenanna, post:3, topic:177727"]
Thank you for that. It is my hope that people will benefit greatly from the book. I am sure that God is behind this book happening, because I had no intention of doing one.

There are and were, too many things going on in my life, (health problems, disabled children etc.) A priest kept asking me to "write a book." I thought that was a joke, but he just kept saying that, until it got me thinking about what to write a book about, and when that happens you have to think of what things you know about best, and for me it was about answers to prayer.

[/quote]

Did the priest know you had a talent for writing? Is that why he suggested writing a book to you? I am a little curious.

Is your book published the traditional way or is it just online?

[quote="poetryforjesus, post:4, topic:177727"]
Did the priest know you had a talent for writing? Is that why he suggested writing a book to you? I am a little curious.

Is your book published the traditional way or is it just online?

[/quote]

The priest is a friend of our family. He liked the way that I wrote emails and also a couple of articles, which were requested by other people and that is why he said write a book. One of these articles was a book review on a book about St Philomena and another was an article about my autistic children.

Since last week the book is both traditional in book form and online. The on-line version is a previous version of the book, which I intend to update with the current version.

The book version has two extra stories in it about the Divine Mercy. I would love to publish them on-line, but the lady who told them to me, requested that they only go into the print version of the book, so I am respecting her request.

The first batch of books will basically go to family and friends this Christmas and then to a few other people. I will get some more printed later on.

I am very happy with how it turned out, because we used Microsoft Word and the formatting for the book came out really well, with several pages of: Table of Contents etc., which look quiet professional and my husband and I designed a beaut cover and put a special picture into the book as well.

Perhaps there can be a future edition of the book, with more stories of answers to prayer. I think that would be great. I would actually like to write a book about answers to prayer that were granted by the Holy Souls in Purgatory for their benefactors. If people supply them, maybe it can happen. (I have a few stories for that already, they are in the current book, and stories in my devotional page for the Holy Souls in Purgatory.) This would probably be an on-line project for starters. Like the current book, it would be an apostolate.

An interesting story about my dad during WWII got me thinking about writing a book about how God uses everyday events to guide and protect us. I will be on the look-out for more stories for that also. That will start out on-line also and I’ll see what develops.

If anyone has ideas for this, or answers to prayers (through the intercession of Our Lord, Our Lady or the saints etc.) or answers to prayer (through the intercession of the Holy Souls in Purgatory for their benefactors), please let me know.

I can be contacted at:

[email]catacomb@bigpond.com[/email]

My name is Mary Ann and I live in Sydney, Australia.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.