A month for priests

I've been looking on this forum for a thread on this for a while and can't find one, so apologies if there is one that I didn't see and this is a duplicate.

There's an event on Facebook at the moment inviting people to dedicate August to the priesthood by saying a daily prayer for all priests and fasting or doing penance once a week.

This is what the creator (of the group rather than the universe ;)) has written as an introduction:

ur priests are under constant attack, they are called to be God's instruments to administer His Sacraments which translates to they are walking around with a giant target on their forehead.

We need to pray and sacrifice for our priests, we need to form an army to defend them in prayer and penance.

I ask you to join me in dedicating August to praying for priests around the world, to praying for seminarians, for those training and forming priests, for vocations directors and for more vocations and for those who are discerning priesthood.

If anyone would like to join, this is the link.

I think that it's a good idea! :thumbsup:

It's so nice to see so many supporters of Christ's priesthood!

Personally, I think this is wonderful. I say a prayer for priests every day and a rosary for vocations. They need all the support we can give them. They do so much with so little and spend so much time for us, not only in Mass and confession, but in the community as well. Things we don't see or hear about. They never tell us how busy they are.

These are the men who have given up everything to have everything.

St. Francis said, "If I met a priest and an angel on the road, I would first genuflect to the priest". Amen to that.

Perhaps I shall make a poster and put it up on our bulletin board at church.

I tried the link, but it is unavailable. ???

[quote="GKCT, post:3, topic:248812"]
St. Francis said, "If I met a priest and an angel on the road, I would first genuflect to the priest". Amen to that.

[/quote]

I don't mean to derail the thread, but what did he mean by this?

He meant that he would honor the priest more than the angel. Remember, he didn't think he was worthy enough to become a priest, so was never ordained. He remained a Brother. He had so much respect for priests.

[quote="GKCT, post:6, topic:248812"]
He meant that he would honor the priest more than the angel. Remember, he didn't think he was worthy enough to become a priest, so was never ordained. He remained a Brother. He had so much respect for priests.

[/quote]

I just love the saints, lol.

Do you have a better link for the Facebook site on which this is posted?

[quote="GKCT, post:8, topic:248812"]
Do you have a better link for the Facebook site on which this is posted?

[/quote]

Try this:

facebook.com/event.php?eid=125708660851531

Thank you, CatholicZ09

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.