A New Face to Traditionalism?

monkrock.com/

Notice the inclusion of mantillas? oh yes, and a TLM with Bishop Sheen.

Wow! It took some searching (under “Catolica”) but it was there! Neat!

Did you also look under coffees very disrespectful:mad: .

Evidently at monkrock…you can have your moderist cake and eat it too. For people who can’t seem to reconcile with the fact that modernism is a sin.

So is rash judgment - even more so! :wink:

And the modernist cake is what? Naming coffee after a saint? Please. I suppose you freak out when a winery is named after a saint or how about a city? Look at your foot! There’s a hole in it!:rolleyes:

Rash judgement? About what? The greater charity is to speak the truth, not condone others and their weak, sentimental, feel-good Catholicism. I don’t bless error.

It would be quite helpful if you actually gave examples to support your argument.

I don’t think so, seeing as how I live in a city named by the early California missionaries, the City of Angels. The modernist cake I refer to is that they can embrace all of the errors and sins of modernism and still claim to be Catholic.

I don’t think I am quite following your concern - are you saying you think naming a product (in this case coffee) after a saint is a modernist error?

So you want others to do your work for you? Well okay, how about this for starters:

When Pope Pius X condemned the sillon in 1910, he taught:

Catholic doctrine tells us that the primary duty of charity does not lie in the toleration of false ideas, however sincere they may be, nor in theoretical or practical indifference towards errors and vices in which we see our brethren plunged, but in zeal for the intellectual and moral improvement as well as for their material well-being

No, I am saying that the website embraces and reconciles modernism with the traditional Catholic Faith. Click on and read their “manifesto” on the right side of the page. Modernism has been condemned by pre-vatican II popes. Modernism is a sin.

Again, how about some examples from their website to back up your claims.

Again, how about you give an example from their website to support YOUR claims that the people who run the site are doing anything against this?

You mad this comment:

Evidently at monkrock…you can have your moderist cake and eat it too. For people who can’t seem to reconcile with the fact that modernism is a sin.

Back it up. I’m not asking for you to do my work. I’m asking for you to do yours.

For your edification:

Pascendi Dominici gregis (or “Feeding the Lord’s Flock”), which characterized Modernism as the** “synthesis of all heresies.” **Following these, Pius X ordered that all clerics take the Sacrorum antistitum, an oath against Modernism. He also encouraged the formation and efforts of Sodalitium Pianum (or League of Pius V), an anti-Modernist network of informants. (emphasis mine)

source:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Pius_X

See above: Click on the websites “manifesto” on the left side of page.

You cannot reconcile this statement:

MonkRock bridges the gap between the Traditional and the Modern

with this one:

Pascendi Dominici gregis (or “Feeding the Lord’s Flock”), which characterized Modernism as the “synthesis of all heresies.”

For you edification:

You can quote all of the popes in succession but it won’t make a difference as long as you persist with doling out accusations with no evidence.

What screams “modernism” here?

LOW (adj.): Humble in character or status. (syn:) lowly, modest

FIDELITY (n.) The quality or state of being faithful to one’s obligations, duties, and observances. 1 (syn:) allegiance, loyalty, devotion, piety

“Lo-Fi Living” is for those who are determined to find this simplicity, purity, and happiness, not by abandoning modern living, but by properly utilizing it, not by abandoning the modern world to itself and its own devices, but by participating in its life, walking with their fellow man in order to help him achieve the loftier ambitions inherent in Man himself put their by his Maker. “Lo-Fi Living” is for those who take more of an inward turn and outwardly stay planted. MonkRock provides a way of life for those who choose to stay in the modern world and work to pull it forward - a way to change the world from within and even be changed in the process. In short, if the “Back-to-the-Land” movement is the “rural solution”, then our “Lo-fi Living” is the urban (and suburban) one.

They want to bring Traditionalism to the modern world - no doubt to their generation… And? Isn’t that what you want to do? It’s getting quite ridiculous that people can’t use the word “modern” without someone accusing someone else of modernism.

What was wrong with the coffee section?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.