A Nice Thought / Jesus / Heaven /

A question was asked of Jesus -
about who’ll be on his left side and right side - in the kingdom
Someone at church suggested - it’d have to be Mary and Joseph -

I also heard the fallen angel Lucifer-
Francis of Assisi - was given his vacant spot of authority.

It’s all hearsay, of course, but kind of fun to hear and consider.

Never heard that… :thinking:

Never heard that… :thinking:

Seems like Religious Fan Fiction to me… :man_shrugging:t2:

Father Rippenger - suggested the Saint Francis one.

I would think St. Michael is a better guess.

Obviously it will be me…once i figure out how to be in two places at once.

News article from the future.

IWantGod will be considered for sainthood today. When asked what job he will fulfil, The Pope said “i think i will call him God’s bouncer”

Our Lord is at the Father’s right hand. That position is filled.
At Jesus’ right hand? Who better than Mary?
Lucifer? AYKM? 1/3 of the angels chose irrevocably for all eternity to reject God. That is why they have their own place created for them.

Regardless, it is all meaningless unless we are there. I would focus on that first.

The Father will be on His left side .

It will be you.

55.3 million people die EACH YEAR.
I will be in the middle somewhere by myself looking around - lol.

( 105 per minute )

Also cherubim and seraphim.
Strange creatures, did you read that St Pio was pierced by a lance wielding cherubim? That’s what he said anyway.

If I had to guess I’d say John the Baptist is right there seated, afterall Jesus does say:

I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he." - Luke 7:28

Presumably once JTB died, he would still be one of the greatest ever. That or JPII :grinning::partying_face:

That’s an interesting line, the one who is least in heaven is greater than John the Baptist.
I wonder if Jesus meant at that point in time, or ever?
It’s actually hard to imagine anyone being the very least being the greater.

When I read this verse I assume it’s based on JTB being alive on earth. Only what is perfect is in Heaven.

”Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.” - Revelation 21:27

So while JTB is the greatest human to walk the planet outside of Jesus, while on earth, he is still not perfect and to some level he was sinful and imperfect. After all the prophet Isaiah writes:

”A voice cries out: "In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.” - Isaiah 40:3

My guess is Jesus is noting that while on earth since JTB isn’t perfect he is lower than the lowest in Heaven. But once he is perfect in Heaven, he should be right up there as one of the greatest ever

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.