A nifty little website

I dont know what denomination this guy is, but there is a lot of useful stuff on this website, as Catholics do we believe in the literal 7 day creation?? Anyway, feel free to check it out, it seems he still updates it.

home.teleport.com/~salad/4god/index.html

[quote=Magicsilence]as Catholics do we believe in the literal 7 day creation??
[/quote]

If we want to. The Church has defined certain elements of the creation narrative that must be taken literally, but that each of the 7 days was a literal 24-hour period isn’t one of them. Each Catholic is therefore free to interpret the “days” as he so desires.

[quote=Timidity]If we want to. The Church has defined certain elements of the creation narrative that must be taken literally, but that each of the 7 days was a literal 24-hour period isn’t one of them. Each Catholic is therefore free to interpret the “days” as he so desires.
[/quote]

WOO HOO, :smiley: Thats made my day. Because then when people say “look, the earth is billions of years old”, it doesnt matter!! hehe.

[quote=Magicsilence]WOO HOO, :smiley: Thats made my day. Because then when people say “look, the earth is billions of years old”, it doesnt matter!! hehe.
[/quote]

Just wait until you read about how we are also free to believe in evolution! We are only bound to believe a few things about the creation story, which exist quite nicely alongside evolution.

:smiley:

[quote=RyanL]Just wait until you read about how we are also free to believe in evolution! We are only bound to believe a few things about the creation story, which exist quite nicely alongside evolution.

:smiley:
[/quote]

hehe, so why are there so many young earth creationists?!?!?!?

[quote=Magicsilence]hehe, so why are there so many young earth creationists?!?!?!?
[/quote]

Because one is free to believe in the literal 7day creation as well. Just because we are free to believe otherwise, doesn’t mean we can’t believe in the literal young earth either.

We are free to believe anything we want about the origins of the Earth, as long as we still hold true to our Faith.

I happen to live near the headquarters of Answers in Genesis, an outreach promoting the six-day creation and literal translation of Genesis. Here is the site:

answersingenesis.org/

Although I am impressed with the scientific approach and am leaning towards this belief, I am relieved I am not obligated by the Catholic Church to accept or discount any theory. I must admit, the modern theories of evolution change almost daily. What I was taught in grade school some xxx years ago is now considered in error.

The scientific claims of AiG hold water. Note: this site and the company do not accept Catholic teachings. This is a non-denomenational company, the founder believing in “sola scriptora.”

With that said, he does present a very strong argument for a literal translation of Genesis. Believe what you want about our physical origins :hmmm:, but accept the Truth about our Spiritual beginnings. :thumbsup:

I think if you go back to the origional hebrew translation the word that we interpet as “days” actually meant “a unit of time” so saying that the world took billions of years would still fit (7 billion maybe).

[quote=gelsbern]Because one is free to believe in the literal 7day creation as well. Just because we are free to believe otherwise, doesn’t mean we can’t believe in the literal young earth either.
[/quote]

I wasnt being mean to them, but there seem to be SO many of them, as in seeing scripture as completely literal.

closed #10

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.